Best place in Columbus to find a 5.3 or 6.0

OJdidit1738

Wondering if anyone here has had any good luck at local junkyards, or if anyone knows anyone that goes to junkyards and pulls motors for other people. I just dont have the time to get to a junkyard and pull one. I searched car-part.com and see a few far away, but not really looking to travel 4 hours for a $400 dollar 5.3

Thanks

My first 5.3 came from deer creek for 325. My 6.0 came from dicks in Findlay for 4-450. Just keep an eye on car–part. Com

They are just getting expensive anymore

Yeah I work at the auction in grove city and even went through LKQ to check and at our cost for a LM7 was $635 for a longblock no accessories, I was like holy shit. that when I started searching car-part

I will have to call deercreek and see what they have.

Another option you might consider is Marshall's Auto Parts in Circleville. Just checked and they've got several 5.3s for $500 each. Mileage ranges from 89k to 130k, but they warranty everything they sell. Two nitpicky items though to keep in mind:

1. They don't pull parts until requested, so the engines are still in their donor vehicles. Given that you're looking at an engine, it would be wise to call ahead.

2. It's usually first come first serve and they can get quite busy. When I got my D585 coils from them, I was rather lucky to be heading home within 20 minutes as they had just found a set with a couple wires and still on the stock brackets.

maybe if that fool wasnt moving haha, now were probably gonna get another psycho neighbor. its gonna be going in my corolla wagon eventually.

I'm not moving that damn far, I'll be happy to help put it in your Prius. And if you think you'll use my hoist soon, now would be a good time to grab it.

Another option you might consider is Marshall's Auto Parts in Circleville. Just checked and they've got several 5.3s for $500 each. Mileage ranges from 89k to 130k, but they warranty everything they sell. Two nitpicky items though to keep in mind:

1. They don't pull parts until requested, so the engines are still in their donor vehicles. Given that you're looking at an engine, it would be wise to call ahead.

2. It's usually first come first serve and they can get quite busy. When I got my D585 coils from them, I was rather lucky to be heading home within 20 minutes as they had just found a set with a couple wires and still on the stock brackets.

Thanks I will have to check them out

I'm not moving that damn far, I'll be happy to help put it in your Prius. And if you think you'll use my hoist soon, now would be a good time to grab it.

Won't be anytime soon, most likely winter time. I've got a hoist and stand just still at my parents but my dad keeps wanting to drop it off along with all the stuff I still have there lol you never realize how much shit you have until you move