Did I get ripped off???

Hydroboy35th

I have a 2005 Mustang GT that I lowered with a pro-kit and put 20x8.5/10 wheels on. I put camber bolts in when I lowered it and after a week a take it to NTB off of sawmill road to get an alignment & have the camber put back in spec. They told me I needed a "specialty alignment" that costs $125 and after shop fees/tax the total came to $146. My car still pulls to the left (slightly) but its there. Did I really need this "specialty" alignment? Or would a regular alignment have been fine?

Derek at tire discounters>everyone I've used for tires/balance/alignment, including certain sponsors mentioned in this thread.

Worth the drive.

Derek is the troof! He treated me great a while back when I took my car to him at his old job. Didn't know me from Adam and gave me great service.

Ips can take care of it also

Non-OEM suspensions are a higher rate there as well.

Custom parts = more time to get a car back into spec/as close as it will go. It's all about Time spent per vs. Dollars charged.

As for the original question, were you ripped off? Only if they failed at bringing it back into spec.

Non-OEM suspensions are a higher rate there as well.

Custom parts = more time to get a car back into spec/as close as it will go. It's all about Time spent per vs. Dollars charged.

As for the original question, were you ripped off? Only if they failed at bringing it back into spec.

Came here to post this. We always charged extra for alignments that are not oem. The price is reasonable, but if they didnt get it right then take it back.

Derek at tire discounters>everyone I've used for tires/balance/alignment, including certain sponsors mentioned in this thread.

Worth the drive.

Derek hooked me up on my Miata like a champ. In and out no complaints. I tell everyone to go to him now.

Well I didn't make it back in there today because I was out riding all day so it's looking like Monday now. The thing is I don't really want to take it back to them because I feel like they don't know what they are doing or talking about. I mean the guy thought I was insane for lowering it lol, so I'll prolly just bend over and take this one then go see Derek in the near future. It won't be the first time I wasted $146 it just sucks because I didn't have fun doing it.

NTB will do it again within 6 months if something is wrong. Just take it back. Ask for a printout for before and after.

I was at NTB a few weeks ago and told them I could get one done elsewhere for 60 and they matched it.

+1

Used that same argument to leverage a better tire/alignment package price on my truck.