College Football Thread v2.0

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL @ Boise Fans

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=336&f=2246&t=12328968

More ESPN bullshit, just saw this on scout so I had to go check for myself. After the game today the headline read "Ohio State runs over Illinois" not it reads "Ohio State holds off Illinois"....interesting. BTW is Mark May or anyone talking about FSU jumping Bama based on their first half performance tonight? They get a pass cause Miss St is an SEC team?

LOL @ Boise Fans

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=336&f=2246&t=12328968

More ESPN bullshit, just saw this on scout so I had to go check for myself. After the game today the headline read "Ohio State runs over Illinois" not it reads "Ohio State holds off Illinois"....interesting. BTW is Mark May or anyone talking about FSU jumping Bama based on their first half performance tonight? They get a pass cause Miss St is an SEC team?

Yeah, I saw that earlier, and when I checked when I got home, the title changed. I was like okay, fuck you espn. BTW, if wisky can rush for 550yds against IU, I wonder what OSU is going to do. They have a better oline and better running backs.. lol

Down goes Stanford! Next up is Baylor, they are bound to lose, aren't they? Also if OSU were to win by 17 against a team such as Mississippi State how far would they drop?

13. Alabama won by 13 against 4-6 Miss. St. But you know how ESPN summed it up during a scoreboard recap thing? "Very business-like trip to Starkville." What?

I really think Baylor loses @ Oklahoma St.

Florida looked better yesterday against South Carolina. Maybe there's an outside shot they upset FSU. When I say outside shot, I mean like a half court jumper...our best shot is if Bama loses to auburn or the SEC title game, because FSU will be playing Duke...DUKE in the ACC championship :yuno: :dumb:

Ohio State drops 60 on the road against a poor conference opponent. Result? "Now just how far should Ohio State drop in the polls??"

Bama drops all of 20 on the road against a poor conference opponent and wins by a mighty margin of 13 points. Result? "Well, you see, Bama always has that one sleepwalking win." "Well, um, Bama usually doesn't play well against MSU."

You have got to love the spin.

It could easily be, "Ohio State missing three starters on defense, goes into windy, miserable Memorial Stadium and puts the hammer down against a team that has given them fits the past 15 years."

Also, someone please ask Jesse Palmer if Stanford "wasn't playing Stanford football" when they lost to USC.

Additionally, I'd like to hear a national pundit condemn Baylor for allowing their opponent to score nearly as many points as Ohio State's opponent scored. I mean, what's good for the goose, right?

Fuck, I sound like a crazy person. This is what CFB does to me.

Fuck the AP poll, as long as OSU is ahead in the coaches poll that is all that matters. I have never seen a team get so disrespected while averaging 50 points a game, having a 22 game winning streak. I have began thinking, do you think ESPN and others in the media are fearful that OSU has the team that is able to knock off the mighty SEC? This is the only thing I can think of as to why they continue to bash them.

Coaches poll is out, OSU is stil 3rd! Not by much though lol.

Doug Lesmerises ‏ @ DougLesmerises 16s

Ohio State's coaches poll lead over Baylor last 5 weeks: 516 points, 127, 82, 70, 25, now 18. http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2013/11/ohio_state_stays_no_3_in_coach.html

Michigan State is 13th, behind Stanford LMAO I called that last night!

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/polls/

Fuck the AP poll, as long as OSU is ahead in the coaches poll that is all that matters. I have never seen a team get so disrespected while averaging 50 points a game, having a 22 game winning streak. I have began thinking, do you think ESPN and others in the media are fearful that OSU has the team that is able to knock off the mighty SEC? This is the only thing I can think of as to why they continue to bash them.

No. I think OSU is just by far the most hated team in the country. Unless we win 63-0 every game, we won't get the respect we deserve. We put up 60 points in a game we couldn't pass the ball due to windy conditions. Good thing is that if MSU and Wisconsin keep winning, and assuming we beat MSU in the B1G championship, that will be two top 15 wins.

Also need Miami to continue losing and Clemson to drop another game, it will make FSU's wins look a little less impressive hopefully. I still think Bama drops a game before the year is up.

#1 headline right now on ESPN...

"Baylor jumps Ohio State in AP poll Video | Top 25"

LOL

No one has respect for OSU, BCS Championship should be Bama vs. OSU, it would be close but I think OSU is the better team. FSU is a bit over-rated in my opinion, and Alabama always seems to screw up at least one game per year, so hopefully their time has come and they'll lose next weekend. An OSU win in OSU vs. Michigan State BIG 10 Championship game should definitely help, but people really need to get their heads out of their SEC asses and watch OSU. 60 points in heavy wind is pretty damn good.