2013 Columbus Marathon Complete

ChevyMan1972

All,

I just wanted to share my 1st attempt running a full Marathon on Sunday. Not exactly the results I was hoping for but for an old Fat 40 year old man that just completed his first 26.2 feeling good :)

Official time 5:35:58

Now next year I will be shooting for much faster!!! Around mile 22 I started cramping up in my calf muscles and arches of my feet.

Thanks for reading!!

Daniel

I did it in the mid 90's, never trained or ran, buddy asked me to run with him Thursday before the race. I was 20ish and dumb and said ok. Went down and paid and picked up my stuff. Ate some spaghetti the night before. Ran it in 5 hours and 27 min. Couldn't sit Indian style for a month. LOL man the stupid shit we do when we are young.

Guy I work with just ran it in 3:01. Qualified for Boston, he has called off yesterday and today. LOL

I did it in the mid 90's, never trained or ran, buddy asked me to run with him Thursday before the race. I was 20ish and dumb and said ok. Went down and paid and picked up my stuff. Ate some spaghetti the night before. Ran it in 5 hours and 27 min. Couldn't sit Indian style for a month. LOL man the stupid shit we do when we are young.

Seriously?

Nice job OP.

Bad ass man. Congrats.

I trained for a half a few years ago and got up to running 11 miles consistently and got shin splints so bad I took some time off and never went back.

I can still run 3-5 fairly easily, but I don't ever see myself doing 26.2. Crazy.

Nice. Did you use any nipple protection? Every once and a while you'll see a dude with two streams of blood running down his shirt.

I ran my first full a couple of years ago. Probably won't do one again just because of the training involved. One of the training runs was 22 miles alone.

I did the half on Sunday and didn't train that much. Longest training run was 7.6 miles. Only missed my PR by 50 seconds (2:00:10.)

Nice job OP. I just started running on the road this year. I played sports as a youth and have run a lot on treadmills since then. But my fiancee is a runner and got me outon the road back in April. I've done a couple 5ks and a 5 miler. Can't even imagine a marathon! Holy crap dude.

That's awesome, man. I loved cross country when I was younger. Never ran a marathon but did some massive bike runs. At this point, even though I'm 40 as well, I've destroyed my back and knees and don't think I could run a marathon without my body going into full protest. And that's if I were even in shape to run more than a mile. haha At least I stopped smoking damn cigs 3yrs ago.

Congratulations. :)