what to get wife for xmas?

The_buster

She is in nursing school so I would like to get her something she can use. I do want to get her this candle thing as well, it has a ring in the bottom of it. I saw someone post a picture of one on facebook and I thought she would like it. I have no clue as to what would be useful to someone in the medical field. thanks!

Also side note my mom just got a 2013 kia soul yesterday anything to keep an eye on or watch for?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As many crazy pattern/color/animals etc... sets of scrubs as you can find. Im sure you know here tastes. They're a conversation piece for that career field.

Most large hospitals don't allow that unless you work on a floor like maternity or private doctors office. Staff scrubs are color coded.

Compression stockings, new (nice) stethoscope, comfortable tennis shoes (if hospital allows), etc etc.

The compression stockings will help with circulation since she will be on her feet for 12 hours at a time.

-Marc

**edited because I had a Thorne spelling moment. :(

Edited by AngryBMW

A watch with a second hand, one that can be washed over and over again.

yea forget scrubs and an expensive stethoscope (it'll get lost and unless shes on a cardiac specific floor she won't need one that nice).

You could make sure to get her a name tag for her stethoscope so when she does lose it, it'll make its way back to her. compression socks would be a good stocking stuffer.

the best nursing related gift i got was this watch.

titanium light, washable, durable, date (always handy for documentation purposes), 1hr timer as certain meds have to be given at X time intervals and to keep track of time during codes and a 24hr indicator was a bonus but comes in handy after working 16hr straight. :confused:

http://i.frameoftime.com/Citizen-Watch/Titanium/Mens/CA0265-59E/Citizen-Mens-CA0265-59E-Black-Titanium-Chronograph-Authentic-Watch.jpg