College Football Thread v3.0

Dr. Pomade

Sorry, now that I have wiped my tears and came off depression watch, I can post again...

I have to say, I am going to miss the UC vs UL games... they are always great games, unfortunately the last two years have gone the wrong way, and BOTH times we had to deal with our top QB being hurt... Not making excuses but no way did having Kay hurt the entire 2nd half help us... And a rare drop by McClung doesnt happen, and I am in a very different mood today.

Disappointing end to a strange season under yet another new head coach. I saw some flashes of greatness and some points of confusion this year, including 2 losses that were total head scratchers... The loss to Illinois, which our top QB was still hurt from his shoulder and our #2 goes out for the rest of the season in the middle of hte game, was disappointing. the loss to USF was unexplainable and weird... we have OWNED USF since we joined the BE, so that is really what made the season tough. It really boiled down to last night to explain the season, and we played tough football in shitty weather and unfortunately the cards didnt turn our way.

I just hope we have done enough to help our resume to get out of this stupid AAC. We beat a Rutgers team going to B1G and the lowly Purdue team, and held our own against the hot commodity that is UL going to ACC... I kinda want to find our way to B12...

I only hope some of you got to watch the game and can maybe have a bit of respect for us little guys down south. ;)

PS, if you did see the game, you have to admit we sure do have some BADASS uniforms for special games.

I root for all Ohio teams unless they're playing the Buckeyes

Edited by SinisterSS

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boise coach Chris Peterson to Washington. It's crazy he has turned down some pretty decent jobs recently, most notably USC only to end up at a place like Washington. I heard he prefers the Pacific Northwest and that's the reason he took the job.

He stayed so long at Boise State because of his son's cancer but now that he's older and a little healthier (from what I can tell) I guess it's OK to move up a bit.

Will be interesting to see if Peterson can fare better at a BCS school than Hawkins did. On the surface it looks like Washington may have actually upgraded but Hawkins looked like a great hire for Colorado at the time and he went 19-39 in just under 5 seasons then didn't coach anywhere for a while, took a job coaching in the CFL this year and was fired 5 games in.

Boise coach Chris Peterson to Washington. It's crazy he has turned down some pretty decent jobs recently, most notably USC only to end up at a place like Washington. I heard he prefers the Pacific Northwest and that's the reason he took the job.

I think it's a great move for Peterson and a great hire for Washington.

On The Fan the other day, they were debating whether Washington was a better job than Missouri. Um, it's a much better job than Missouri, IMHO.

I think it will be easier to have success in the PAC being Washington than in the SEC being Missouri.

Washington is in Seattle. Missouri is in Columbia. I'd take Seattle over Columbia.

Fans in the Pacific NW are awesome.

I think Missouri is closer to larger talent pools. And now they can just walk up to a recruit and say "SEC" and walk away.

I think it's close for the reasons you said but Washington isn't "much better."

I'd choose Washington over Missouri in a heartbeat myself but I've wanted to live in the PNW for a long time.

Peterson has recruited well in California while at Boise. I think it will only improve now that he can push the fact that they will still be playing in the Pac12 and their families will still be able to watch them play. Seems like the Pac12 always hires top name coaches. I wish the B10 would do the same thing (outside of Urban)

I think Missouri is closer to larger talent pools. And now they can just walk up to a recruit and say "SEC" and walk away.

I think it's close for the reasons you said but Washington isn't "much better."

I'd choose Washington over Missouri in a heartbeat myself but I've wanted to live in the PNW for a long time.

Kentucky has been able to walk up and just say "SEC" for many years now. How's that worked out for them? And you could argue Kentucky is situated close to just as many - if not more - talent pools than Missouri. So, yeah, that argument doesn't hold water.

Just an interesting note on Hueurman (sp?); he is the "strongest" guy on the team, with a record 33 reps at a 225 benchpress.

That's a lot. To me, at least.

I think it's Heurman (I spelled it wrong originally), I have never read that actually. Not saying it isn't true, just saying it's news to me and I would have expected a lineman (offense or defense) to be the strongest.

Kentucky has been able to walk up and just say "SEC" for many years now. How's that worked out for them? And you could argue Kentucky is situated close to just as many - if not more - talent pools than Missouri. So, yeah, that argument doesn't hold water.

That whole saying "SEC" thing and walking away was, I thought, a pretty obvious joke. They can absolutely sell being in the SEC as a part of their total package but they have to do a little more than what I mentioned... as a joke.

Missouri has already shown the ability to be successful in the BCS era and have walked into the SEC and are competing for a conference title in just their 2nd year. Kentucky has never been good at football. Because they're a basketball school. They've shown maybe a higher level of commitment to football now hiring a Stoops brother. They currently have the 16th rated class in the country for 2014 which would be good enough for 3rd best in the conference if they were in the B1G. Kentucky is taking recruits out of Ohio that normally would have gone to Michigan State, Wisconsin, Penn State, etc. Because they say "SEC" and walk away.

Also, if you want to see someone's head actually come off (main reason I came into the thread just now)...

http://i.imgur.com/09g2B7M.gif

Not posting it as an image in case people don't want to watch a head be blown off and bounce off a wall in a suicide bombing.

I think it's Heurman (I spelled it wrong originally), I have never read that actually. Not saying it isn't true, just saying it's news to me and I would have expected a lineman (offense or defense) to be the strongest.

Meyer said it during his lunchtime call in show really early in the season

Just an interesting note on Hueurman (sp?); he is the "strongest" guy on the team, with a record 33 reps at a 225 benchpress.

That's a lot. To me, at least.

That's really hard to believe - unless guys are weaker now. Don't get me wrong, he is a beast, but strongest on the team? I watched Johnny Simon do 45 as a warm up...I know some other guys were high 30's easily.

Edited by Panduh

That's really hard to believe - unless guys are weaker now. Don't get me wrong, he is a beast, but strongest on the team? I watch Johnny Simon do 45 as a warm up...I know some other guys were high 30's easily.

He didn't say the number of reps but Meyer said in his call in show that Heurman did the most. I believe he also has the best vertical.