What's your favorite Ohio based facebook page?

DaddyBuiltRacing

It is a touchy subject because nobody wants to discourage anyone from donating toys to children in need. I know the admins on here tolerate the posting of other toy drives but it does come at the cost of doing "cr's" thing. Having been apart of our toy drive to some degree for years, never really visiting any other car groups and considering cr as my car group of choice it's nice to see what we as a collective cr group is willing/able to do. We have seen a decrease in donations since others have started the advertising for theirs we just ask that people be respectful and considerate when posting about their own. We fully understand what the end result is and are always willing to work with other groups to achieve it. I know in years past when I was a member of many other car groups they would never allow someone to post something that deters from what they themselves were wanting to accomplish and be proud of.

I'm doing a toy drive too. It's themed toward prepping kids for the zombies, so what we are looking for are toy guns and claymore simulators. Also, anything to work a garden with.

Seriously though, it's a toy drive 45 minutes East of Columbus. Maybe COB and CR members are in his area willing to donate. Maybe they don't want to come to Columbus to do that and his drive gives local option to do so. The guy is just trying to get the word out and do something to help others? He likes to organize events, and now he's suppose to check in with people? These are forums that have members all over the state.

Trish, you're coming off passive butt hurt, but you come on CR and push things way harder than on COS. It seems hypocritical to me. To include the language you have used here, but would never allow on COS.

Jason, this guy's drive just makes me wonder if Coltboosten from up North, came on CR and did the same thing, is that far enough away to warrant it not interfering with the CR drive? I get what you're saying, I do.

If a member comes here and mentions the Marine toys for tots drive, and that they are helping, and informs others on how they can donate, is that stepping on toes?

I understand the position of groups doing events. But, I fail to see where one more "like" event impacts others when there are sooooo many out there now. People are going to donate where they feel like it.

Hell this post wasn't even an attempt to push our event. I made a post for that in the events section already haha. This was just an attempt to find more Ohio based group pages so we can post up about this but also post up about our meets that we hold. The same meets that bring 500+ cars, you know things that better the car scene...

I don't understand why people would get butthurt or upset about me posting a toy drive. If you do your own that is great!! The goal isn't about who's event is bigger or any of that, the goal is to help as many kids as possible. Isn't that why you hold your toy drive? I have posted on various pages this last week and have found local people who didn't know about our event but now do because of it. I don't think it's taking away from anything/anyone. The local bikers got all pissy with us when we started this event, mind you they wanted no parts of us actually joining forces with them. I guess you can't please everyone and will always ruffle someones feathers, I am ok with that though.

So with that said, what are some groups people are part of on Facebook?

If 25 toy drives get one toy a piece, or one toy drive gets 25 toys; the fuck does it matter? Are people seriously bitching about this guy trying to do a good thing simply because it cuts into them trying to do a good thing? Is there some competition for most-toys-collected that I am unaware of?

Happy Thanksgiving, folks.

Toy drives are great I wish we had half as many people donate who actually looked at this thread. Some of us consider ourselves a group and get together to celebrate that. Joe when the branches of military do a toy drive do you not feel a sense of pride in being a part of a group willing to do so? It's no different here we are a community and as a community it's nice to band together every once in awhile and say we did something. Those who participate and those who run it need to feel successful at it. Time and effort go into making something like this work, hell I drove around for hours one year picking donations up from people and a few more hours buying toys with donated money and then dropping everything off. It's not about being respectful of those who actually volunteer to make something happen. Tina, Anthony and all the other admins and mods put In time to make a site like cr actual be a community and it's things like a toy drive that kinda keep us together no different than any other group. When did it become politically incorrect to stand up for your group? At what point did it become that if you don't understand something then therefore it must be wrong? If someone was butthurt trish could easily remove Josh's posts from her site and I could do so here. At some point we all have to be a little mindful if we may be stepping on someone's toes.

If 25 toy drives get one toy a piece, or one toy drive gets 25 toys; the fuck does it matter? Are people seriously bitching about this guy trying to do a good thing simply because it cuts into them trying to do a good thing? Is there some competition for most-toys-collected that I am unaware of?

Excellent post.

Haha I totally agree with the statement about all the time that goes into doing something like this. I know for a fact, I have spent well over 100 man hours making phone calls, meeting with people, emailing back and forth, plus promoting this event. Like I said this specific post wasn't made with intentions of promoting the event, I made one of those already on another section of this site. I am not stepping on anyones toes, you do yours, we do ours, kids come out happy at the end. That's the only thing I care about.

We post up on our official page each year after the toy drive, giving thanks to the different groups, companies, ect that attend our event. We even post links to their Facebook pages and or websites. We aren't about taking full credit, we are about helping kids have a better Christmas morning each year. Maybe you could come join us for one of these events before passing any sort of judgement. I'll tell you this much, it's gotten bigger each year and I don't care if I piss people off in the process, I will continue to make it even bigger each year. First year we had 50-75 cars and 252 toys, last year we had 100-150 cars and 582 toys, this year my personal goal is to see 200+ cars and over 600 toys. We are trying to get this event big enough that we can donate toys to numerous places all over the state.

Here is just a few groups who attend our event without complaining:

Ohio G Club

Ohio Mustang Stampede

S.I.C.C

Ohio Rotaries

I am willing to give credit to other groups if they are willing to join forces. If not, then again I wish you the best with your toy drive(s).

I don't think anyone has eluded to making any judgements. I assume it would be natural for the group associated with your official page to have reservations or at least some show dislike if another group started posting about theirs. Some of them would get it as I am sure trish does an we do. As we all have stated its all for a great cause. Some don't take pride in cr as a group some of us do and we like to see cr in a good/positive light and let want others to feel good about associating themselves with it. We don't have even a fraction of the participants josh has each year, cr isn't known for its vast amount of people who attend events or participate in anything really. It's very tough to get a few to volunteer items or donate money and we usually have to be very creative in having anything at all some years but we still do it because it's the right thing to do. Those of us that are willing to volunteer our time and money and stress over trying to make something successful want it to be as good as it can. I can say with100% certainty that when josh started his cr's donations dropped in half and there wasn't much to begin with. I consider myself a part of cr, I try to patronize the business' of its members and support its events. I appreciate the work and time that goes into making this site work and I take pride when we do something good.

Happy Thanksgiving, folks.

Great post. Its extremely selfish to worry about who is getting credit for donations.

I don't think anyone is looking for credit we don't go out and hold a press conference saying look what we did. It's taking pride in something and wanting to give others something to take pride in as well. Now we can sit around making assumptions or if you want to know why something us just ask.

I don't think anyone is looking for credit we don't go out and hold a press conference saying look what we did. It's taking pride in something and wanting to give others something to take pride in as well. Now we can sit around making assumptions or if you want to know why something us just ask.

I'm not making assumptions. The posts in this thread have done nothing more than enforce what I said. You can take pride in helping other. Why does it matter what group does it? Its because people want to say " look what I organized"

I will apologize if I failed to explain myself correctly. For me it all comes down to respect. I have never taken credit for anything I have done on behalf of cr. I extend all gratitude to everyone else who chooses to volunteer, donate or help. I always try to publically thank everyone involved. I have never even posted about a toy drive without first asking permission from Anthony and that goes for every year. I know he wouldn't have an issue but out of repect I ask because I don't want to step on his toes in the off chance he has something else planned or wants to go a different route. Some small toes may have been stepped on but we are all big boys and girls we will get over it. I hope that josh and trish both have a successful toy drive and all groups involved are able to help as many kids as possible.

I find it very funny that you claim your donations dropped when I started this considering not a single member that I know of, from CR, not local to us attends. I also find it funny that I have not seen a single post on here or online for your toy drive, I can't help it if you don't promote it. FWIW we have actually promoted other peoples events LOL. We share dyno days on the Newark Meets page, we share different toy drives through out Ohio on our toy drives page. In fact we will be promoting Super Fly Sundays toy drive which is next weekend in Akron. I take absolute offense to you and Trish's post and I really don't care if you like it or not. The only people who have commented on Central Ohio Subarus are people from Newark/Heath already HAHA!! Hell give me some info and or links and I'll promote yours as well.

I will make sure I take a count of how many Subaru's and members of CR we have show up to our toy drive this year and I will report back just for you ;)

Intentional or not you're both coming off as real assholes. Arguing over a damn toy drive, I am sure if you promoted yours half as hard as we do ours, it would be successful. You can't just make a single post on here and expect people to come. You have no idea how many people we have been told no from, yet we continue pushing our event just as a way of showing them up and showing that we won't be stopped. If this is a huge deal, delete my thread in the events section, I can still get 200+ cars to show up thanks to the greatness of Facebook and networking.

Credit is the last thing I want/need, if you look at any picture taken of this event I am always in the very back. I am never front and center, the only thing I am front and center for is collecting the toys and shaking everyones hand while thanking them for attending. I will extend the offer again, if you want to team up, come on out. I don't believe our name has any 1 group in particular taking credit. It is Cruise For Tots, not Newark Cruise For Tots, not Daddy Built Racing Cruise For Tots, not Ohio Drifting Cruise For Tots. At this point I am done arguing and defending myself against you. If it's a really big deal, PM me and we'll continue the discussion there.

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

For cr we chose to promote after thanksgiving although tina did post about it and our cr dinner in the meetings section. I am sorry if your are taking great offense I. Am not willing to collect as many toys as possible at the risk of disrespecting another group. We are a very small group and can only do what we can. We certainly do not go to the extent you do and we applaud your effort. This really could have been a non issue if you would have just appologized to trish and I am sure she would have said no worries. You stepped on toes and the people involved said no problem but you cannot help but play the victim some people would rather do that than apologize and say they did something wrong. I am not saying that your drive takes away from crs rather it makes it that much harder to attract the same clientele on our own website. Take the toy drive out of it for a minute as we all agree we want the same thing and your left with what's respectful. And I have had people state they have donated to yours as they thought it was for cr. If we get one toy we consider ourselves successful. Last year we only had 8 people donate either a gift or money which is just under our usual expectation on 10-15 people. We were able to be creative and donate 120 gifts. If we cannot get the few we do have to understand your isn't the same as ours then it really cuts into our goal of improving each year. We are constantly trying to ratify our group and be something people want to join and participate in. Our toy drive helps us achieve this goal and therefore would over time provide more and more toys. I assume you do what you feel is best to be better than you were the year before, so are we. Ours is typically managed 100% by one person, typically me sometimes thorne and it is that persons personal goal to increase what we can offer year after year with what little resources we have. Unfortunately it is not as easy to try and build ours as big as you have with yours when your doing 3 separate toy drives at once which I currently am not to mention trying to deal with major personal issues. Some support from cr and it's members would do a lot to alleviate the stress that comes with trying to make it successful on cr's behalf. Anything that takes away from that just makes it that much more difficult to achieve. It would be nice to get some acknowledgement of that by the person who with no ill intentions is doing it. Edited by wnaplay