2015 Mustang!!1!1

zeitgeist57

http://jalopnik.com/the-2015-ford-mustang-is-the-most-advanced-muscle-car-e-1476612775

- Personally the rear overhang is a little too much, but I only hope that means more interior space.

- Love the 300hp EcoBoost/6-speed manual combo. However, I'm conflicted by people calling it a "pony car" as it's now more like a Hyundai Genesis. I fault the Genesis more than Ford for this confusion. :) 420hp 5.0 Coyote? Definitely a "muscle car" :thumbup:

- I've just been working off of the media hype for now...looking forward to drive-test info from the automotive press. I hope that this thing (especially in EcoBoost form) is light and very tossable.

- The body looks great overall, but as mentioned it's actually pretty pedestrian. A good thing for the general public. Looking forward to what the SVT/Shelby-esque future editions will look like.

- PRICE?!?!? Too bad the EcoBoost is more than the V6, but if either can be had for under $22k I'd be impressed.

- If you really like the 2013 but don't own one, good idea to wait until these start coming onto the market next year. I'm sure the last gen will drop noticably in price. :)

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "Almost" car...

Almost good looking.

Almost a turbo v6.

Almost a modern suspension.

Almost a decent interior.

Almost a Taurus.

Almost a Fusion.

Almost a 370z.

This.

The new Mustang just screams that it doesn't know what it wants to be. Almost retro. Almost contemporary. It's a very uncertain design all around.

I agree the overhangs are too much. The wheelbase thus looks too short in proportion. I do like the side profile and the rear. The front is a mess and doesn't match the rest of the car. I won't even speak of the abortion of an interior.

From what's been talked about there's a very good chance that the 3.7V6 that's a hold over from the current is going away with the second "year" of this car. To be replaced likely with an EcoV6. The V8 currently in it is also supposed to get a reworking, again not in this year but the second.

As it sits, I can't wait to get to the auto show this year to get my hands on one. Good chance one of these must end up in my garage!

The "Almost" car...

Almost a modern suspension..

Front Mac Struts are a double ball joint, so a virtual pivot point,, how is this not modern?

And damn near everything has some sort of "multilink" rear sus.

Is it not modern because is isn't double wishbones at all four corners like a .....a... . old honda?

Looks like I was right about the "Fastback".

I want to see what the final weight is. If it's sub 3500, I'll be happy. If it's closer to 3000 I'll be ecstatic.

First Chevy makes a Vette I want to own, and now Ford may have made a Mustang I'd want to own. What is this world coming to?