College Football Thread v4.0

bicranium

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So was Braxton Miller. QB Draws scored 2 TDs didn't it? Either going with Braxton or going with Hyde, both were getting the job done. On the 4th and 1, if Denicos Allen was blocked, Miller would of had the first down and then some. But he wasn't touched and hit miller behind the line of scrimmage. If is always easier to blame the coaching staff and the play calling when the play failed. What if they did give it to Hyde and he was short? Still the coaches fault for being predictable because they should have passed?

So, are you trying to say that you think the Ohio State offensive game plan was fine? Serious question.

I get your argument about that one play (the 4th and 1). But, what I am saying pertains more to the game planning in general.

So was Braxton Miller. QB Draws scored 2 TDs didn't it? Either going with Braxton or going with Hyde, both were getting the job done. On the 4th and 1, if Denicos Allen was blocked, Miller would of had the first down and then some. But he wasn't touched and hit miller behind the line of scrimmage. If is always easier to blame the coaching staff and the play calling when the play failed. What if they did give it to Hyde and he was short? Still the coaches fault for being predictable because they should have passed?

QB draws aren't consistent plays though, they're more of a defensive error than offensive brilliance, whereas Hyde was simply a monster all year who had no problem plowing right into the middle of the line and coming up with 4-5-6-20-50 yards, every single play. It's incredibly hard to stop that on defense when you're already throwing the entire box at defending a run play. Add in the fact that we've got some pretty solid depth at RB, and we'd quickly wear down a defense. In hindsight, I'm still perplexed as to why we didn't run it all season long, with a small handful of tosses when we catch safeties cheating, as another poster said.

I'm not jumping on the OSU hate train, but if our playcalling is the same as it was against MSU, Clemson will beat us with ease.

So, are you trying to say that you think the Ohio State offensive game plan was fine? Serious question.

I get your argument about that one play (the 4th and 1). But, what I am saying pertains more to the game planning in general.

I was just talking about the 4th and 1 play that everyone is questioning. As for the offensive game plan, they were out coached and out played in the 1st and 4th quarter.

Clemson is the best match up we could have hoped for.

I didnt watch one second of the MSU game, it was a trap game, I felt that...and I had to be in a wedding, and I consumed enough booze to not even remember it was on the TV.

Lets move on...Here is where I am concerned....

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/teamrank/2014/all/all

So far so good, with 17 commits we are in a good position with this class, this is were we need to focus for the next month now. The Clemson game is all well and good, however its just semantics of playing two over rated teams in average conferences.

We clearly need more talent, and specially at linebacker, Wide out, Safety/Secondary... THIN THIN THIN in these places...Apparently the "freshmen" play rule for Eli Applie, Burrows, Bell...doesnt apply or they are not good enough yet...

Braxton should stay, he needs to have some passing game before the bigs...right now he is ala TP but a lot smaller.

OSU game plan::

Defense: MSU has a mediocre offense, please don't fuck this one away

Offense: Give ball to the Superheisman, beat MSU with your feet, if need be throw the ball to our best WR C. Hyde, steal Heisman votes from J. Winston in the process... :fuuuu:

Clemson is the best match up we could have hoped for.

I didnt watch one second of the MSU game, it was a trap game, I felt that...and I had to be in a wedding, and I consumed enough booze to not even remember it was on the TV.

Lets move on...Here is where I am concerned....

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/teamrank/2014/all/all

So far so good, with 17 commits we are in a good position with this class, this is were we need to focus for the next month now. The Clemson game is all well and good, however its just semantics of playing two over rated teams in average conferences.

We clearly need more talent, and specially at linebacker, Wide out, Safety/Secondary... THIN THIN THIN in these places...Apparently the "freshmen" play rule for Eli Applie, Burrows, Bell...doesnt apply or they are not good enough yet...

Braxton should stay, he needs to have some passing game before the bigs...right now he is ala TP but a lot smaller.

Really? Clemson is the best we could have hoped for? Our D cannot stop the pass and we were hoping to face a QB in the running for the Heisman? Hmm.

Really? Clemson is the best we could have hoped for? Our D cannot stop the pass and we were hoping to face a QB in the running for the Heisman? Hmm.

Would you rather -

Alabama?

Stanford?

Oregon?

Missouri?

Oklahoma State?

Baylor?

UCF? (Okay here)

I would prefer a NON sec team as to avoid the pitfalls of the potential in loosing to the super conference. The acc on the flip side is weak, like the B1G, so they are on our level.

But on that list, I think we loose to all those teams, some in shoot outs, some in blow outs. So from my perspective Clemson is the best case for us.

Would you rather -

Alabama?

Stanford?

Oregon?

Missouri?

Oklahoma State?

Baylor?

UCF? (Okay here)

I would prefer a NON sec team as to avoid the pitfalls of the potential in loosing to the super conference. The acc on the flip side is weak, like the B1G, so they are on our level.

But on that list, I think we loose to all those teams, some in shoot outs, some in blow outs. So from my perspective Clemson is the best case for us.

lets just hope Meyer doesn't choke a Clemson player :lolguy:

Ironic OSU is facing a kid who many felt would be the qb here. Boyd had OSU in his final choices and picked Clemson. Imagine had he came here, we'd have Braxton a reshirt sophmore learning behind a pretty good quarterback with 2 years of eligibility left rather than just 1. One of the few players OSU lost out on who would have really helped this team, the other being Lamarcus Joyner who picked FSU.

As for those team rankings for recruiting, look how many players Tennessee has taken in this years class and they aren't done. They very well could have close to 40 kids in 1 class haha. OSU will finish in the top 3-4 once it's all said and done.

It's funny how OSU loses and suddenly all the ESPN guys claim they were pulling for OSU to win Saturday. I think they realize a bad SEC team lucked into the NCG and is going to get throttle by a very good FSU squad.

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

Brandon...okay...that list is daunting. I guess the B1G can't count on us for a W. MSU is a maybe. That D is stout. I worry about all others. Think a well-rested Wisky can represent?

I think FSU will roll Auburn. I still say 'bama is 1 or 2. They win and get to suffer the agony of missing out on one last BCSec title by a single play. Lol tide. Heh.

Don't feel bad for Bama, they will be in the 4 team playoff every single year along with another sEC team, count on it. The 4 team playoff will almost ensure 2 SEC teams in the NCG or at least do their best to ensure it. They will never play one another in the semi-final games.

I think FSU will roll Auburn..

I'd take that bet. FSU has played trash, with the exception of Clemson, this year. The ACC is even more of a joke than B10.

And re: Hyde vs Miller YPC, I'm pretty sure Miller isn't seeing in the neighborhood of 4-5 yards after contact like Hyde is.

FSU will roll Auburn, I will agree with Harmonda on that one. Auburn is a tipped ball and last second miracle away from being a 3 loss team. They are not a great team by any means of the word and their defense is suspect. FSU will hang points on them and be able to shut them down.

I'd take that bet. FSU has played trash, with the exception of Clemson, this year. The ACC is even more of a joke than B10.

The ACC might be more of a joke than the B10 but FSU has rolled everyone of those teams including Clemson. FSU will roll Auburn. Auburn has been nothing butt lucky. They should have lost to UGA and Alabama, they are pretty much a 3 loss team IMO. Auburn will get exposed against FSU, I wouldn't be surprised if it is a worse beating than they put on Clemson. I am really looking forward to FSU knocking these overrated SEC teams off of their high horse.

FSU will roll Auburn, I will agree with Harmonda on that one. Auburn is a tipped ball and last second miracle away from being a 3 loss team. They are not a great team by any means of the word and their defense is suspect. FSU will hang points on them and be able to shut them down.

Beat me to it.

Don't feel bad for Bama, they will be in the 4 team playoff every single year along with another sEC team, count on it. The 4 team playoff will almost ensure 2 SEC teams in the NCG or at least do their best to ensure it. They will never play one another in the semi-final games.

+1 trillion

People think the SEC gets preferential treatment now? Just wait until 3 of the 4 slots are SEC teams.

For instance, if the playoff were this year, Bama and Auburn are both definitely in. Then, you'd have every SEC honk in the media making a push for South Carolina or Missouri to make that fourth slot.

"But South Carolina ROLLED Clemson just like Florida State did!"

"But Missouri only lost to South Carolina without their starting QB and Auburn but Auburn is so epic and Missouri still scored a TON of points on them!"

Put it this way, you can pretty much guarantee that any SEC team that is undefeated or has only 1 loss will be in the playoff. I said it here first and you can quote that shit.

I was just talking about the 4th and 1 play that everyone is questioning. As for the offensive game plan, they were out coached and out played in the 1st and 4th quarter.

People questioning the 4th and 1 play aren't very bright. Braxton scored the TD to tie the game off that same play and gained another 5-6 yards on it on the drive to take the lead. Heuerman gets his block on Allen there and Braxton may have been gone. I question the offensive gameplan coming in and the play call before the 4th down. They split Hyde out wide early on and it resulted in nothing. All that did was take a huge running threat and a solid blocker out of the backfield on what were obvious QB draws. Had any of them been successful they probably eventually throw off of it but they were never successful. Then on 3rd and 3... they went back to it. The obvious play is just to run Hyde twice up the gut. You probably get it on 3rd down and if you don't you do like you've done going all the way back to last season and go tempo and run it again. Hyde didn't have a carry for less than 2 yards all night. 2 + 2 = first down.

Which is why if I see Hyde out wide once on January 3rd my TV is going off.

The ACC might be more of a joke than the B10 but FSU has rolled everyone of those teams including Clemson. FSU will roll Auburn. Auburn has been nothing butt lucky. They should have lost to UGA and Alabama, they are pretty much a 3 loss team IMO. Auburn will get exposed against FSU, I wouldn't be surprised if it is a worse beating than they put on Clemson. I am really looking forward to FSU knocking these overrated SEC teams off of their high horse.

I've got no love for SEC, but Auburn is used to playing tight tough games. FSU doesn't know how to play a tough team. OSU has had the same issues in the past. Cruise through a regular season, find yourself against a pissed off SEC opponent in the BCS Championship game, collapse on a national stage.

Remember, OSU is one pass interference call away from not being a national champion in the last 40 years. You have to be lucky to be good, but you have to be good to be lucky.