College Football Thread v4.0

bicranium

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 15' class may be suffering another blow. Eric Glover Williams who is 1 of our 2 committed players apparently got into a fight at school. He was already on thin ice from all reports with not only his high school coach but Urban as well. If his schollie gets yanked, that leaves this class with 1 kid heading into summer. Many felt this class would be Urbans best to date, it's not looking so good so far.

The 15' class may be suffering another blow. Eric Glover Williams who is 1 of our 2 committed players apparently got into a fight at school. He was already on thin ice from all reports with not only his high school coach but Urban as well. If his schollie gets yanked, that leaves this class with 1 kid heading into summer. Many felt this class would be Urbans best to date, it's not looking so good so far.

From what I've read it sounds like what's going to happen with EGW is Urban isn't going to straight up pull the scholarship but over time it will look like EGW picked another school. Will be interesting to see if a decent program wants to deal with his garbage. And there's still plenty of time on this class. It just takes landing a few to start really having a "leader" of the class who will go after other kids. Obviously EGW isn't that kid given his character issues and Dean is kinda on his own down in Cocoa Beach (sure, he's in Florida, but not one of the big hotbeds).

So, how many years of eligibility does a graduated player have? Is this gonna be here for one season?

Yep, just one season. And I had read about how Michigan thought he was theirs to lose due to his relationship with their new OC (former Bama OC) and he would have been pretty much guaranteed a starting spot at Michigan. Not so at OSU but you rarely see these graduate players transfer somewhere and not start.

• 3 weeks later...

Heads up

"When Ohio State opens its 2014 football season in Baltimore against Navy on Aug. 30, the game will be televised on CBS Sports Network, OSU announced yesterday.

For some Buckeyes fans, that will present a problem.

CBS Sports Network is not a part of most cable and satellite no-frills packages and is not available at all on the WOW cable system."

Heads up

"When Ohio State opens its 2014 football season in Baltimore against Navy on Aug. 30, the game will be televised on CBS Sports Network, OSU announced yesterday.

For some Buckeyes fans, that will present a problem.

CBS Sports Network is not a part of most cable and satellite no-frills packages and is not available at all on the WOW cable system."

• 2 weeks later...

So the Jamal Marcus news was less than surprising to me when it became official over the weekend since someone clued me in on that earlier this month. But just read a real shocker... Noah Spence could be gone soon too. No idea why (obviously he had his ecstasy thing and was suspended for 3 games - Orange Bowl and first 2 of 2014) but that's the latest rumor.

Seen a lot of 2015 mock drafts with him in the first round, some even in the top 10. Would be a huge blow to what a lot of media outlets have been ranking as the #1 DL for 2014.

I was just about to post the Marcus thing on here, I haven't heard a thing about Spence though. I wonder what is up with that? Someone just posted up that 8 kids (30%) from the 2012 class are no longer at Ohio State:

Raquan Southward, Joey O'Conner, David Perkins, Najae Murray, Sevon Pittman, Jamal Marcus, Luke Roberts and Blake Thomas

Also OSU just got a QB commit for the 2015 class, Joey Burrow? Its the first I have heard of this kid

I was just about to post the Marcus thing on here, I haven't heard a thing about Spence though. I wonder what is up with that? Someone just posted up that 8 kids (30%) from the 2012 class are no longer at Ohio State:

Raquan Southward, Joey O'Conner, David Perkins, Najae Murray, Sevon Pittman, Jamal Marcus, Luke Roberts and Blake Thomas

Also OSU just got a QB commit for the 2015 class, Joey Burrow? Its the first I have heard of this kid

First I heard of him too. Guess a lot of analysts like him but he is skinny and kind of raw. If he has a good senior year he will prob be a consensus 4 star.

Burrows is from Athens highschool. He's made a good showing down there, but has some growing to do for D1.

His dad is on the coaching staff at OU.

Hmmmm, my uncle coached against him last year. I'll hit him up (if I remember) tomorrow just to see if he has any insight.

Not that anyone cares. More for my amusement than anything.

Read he was silently committed to Iowa State a couple weeks ago. Travis Waller had silently committed to OSU a couple weeks ago but OSU wasn't very confident in him sticking to it if Oregon offered him so they held off on letting him truly commit/giving him an offer. Not sure what made them pull the trigger on Burrow today. Maybe they somehow found out that Kyler Murray will be announcing for A&M tomorrow which will trigger the Oregon offer to Waller.

It's good because now they have an Ohio kid who can be something of a leader of the class on board (he was already tweeting with guys like 5* LB Justin Hilliard out of Cincy this afternoon) but he's not as highly rated as a guy like Waller or Wimbush so there's no way Gibson will be scared away. Of course, Gibson has his own shit to deal with right now. Suspended for his HS spring football game, suspended from school, allegedly assaulted a female teacher (not physically so I guess verbally?), etc.

So the Jamal Marcus news was less than surprising to me when it became official over the weekend since someone clued me in on that earlier this month. But just read a real shocker... Noah Spence could be gone soon too. No idea why (obviously he had his ecstasy thing and was suspended for 3 games - Orange Bowl and first 2 of 2014) but that's the latest rumor.

Seen a lot of 2015 mock drafts with him in the first round, some even in the top 10. Would be a huge blow to what a lot of media outlets have been ranking as the #1 DL for 2014.

The only confirmation out there is that it is academic. I think where he ends up will provide the final answer (JUCO or the like = Academic, FBS= trouble)

The knock on this kid is size, mind you he's 6'4 210lbs as a Jr lol.

Listed 6'4", 210 but people say he's probably more like 6'3", 185. Still, that's not really a problem for a kid with a year and a half at least before he's going to be on campus.

The only confirmation out there is that it is academic. I think where he ends up will provide the final answer (JUCO or the like = Academic, FBS= trouble)

Yeah, what I read referenced the ecstasy (so maybe more or maybe just talking about the prior incident), bad grades and even potentially an assault in there. Said he was simply "a bad kid".

As more info comes it seems he's just next in line to get the boot and hasn't actually been booted yet. Someone mentioned he's moving in with Evan Spencer and Jeff Heuerman soon to try and keep him in line.

The grades thing is insane because he was actually academic all-B1G last season. So maybe the ecstasy thing just completely derailed him.

Listed 6'4", 210 but people say he's probably more like 6'3", 185. Still, that's not really a problem for a kid with a year and a half at least before he's going to be on campus.

Yeah, what I read referenced the ecstasy (so maybe more or maybe just talking about the prior incident), bad grades and even potentially an assault in there. Said he was simply "a bad kid".

As more info comes it seems he's just next in line to get the boot and hasn't actually been booted yet. Someone mentioned he's moving in with Evan Spencer and Jeff Heuerman soon to try and keep him in line.

The grades thing is insane because he was actually academic all-B1G last season. So maybe the ecstasy thing just completely derailed him.

I meant Marcus, lol oops

The knock on this kid is size, mind you he's 6'4 210lbs as a Jr lol.

I think they see him as lacking too much mass to be an elite prospect. When they do their recruit rankings, the perceived ability to contribute immediately is one of the metrics. That is why you see so many 3 stars that go in the first round of the NFL draft.

By the time this kid is ready to step into the role of starting qb at OSU, he will most likely be 225-235lbs. We have all watched a kid come in a little small as a freshman and end up a monster by the time they leave. A lot of people think this kid is going to blow up after the summer camps and some even say he is elite 11 worthy.