College Football Thread v4.0

bicranium

Several people with "sources" saying Raekwon McMillan committed to Bama on Thursday night when Saban had his in-home visit. Could just be pre-announcement misdirection or could just be the truth.

We'll know by 12:30ish tomorrow.

That'll be a huge blow to this class. Really hoping it's not true and also wondering what the hell Saban is saying to these kids to get them to commit. They already have 4 linebackers in this class plus several others ahead of them. Playing time at OSU is almost assured if you come in and light it up in spring/fall camp.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OSU's in-home with Raekwon was the last for him today. Auburn was in earlier today, Clemson sent some assistants to squeeze in between Auburn and OSU which most people are labeling as desperation, then OSU finished the night with Urban, Fickell, Vrabel and Withers.

Guy on Rivals who is basically in charge of the announcement tomorrow on NBCSN said they usually know the day before but they don't this time. Said Raekwon hasn't told any staffs that he is or isn't going there. Raekwon's mother told the Rivals guy she may not even know until the school comes out of his mouth tomorrow.

nevada says OSU thinks they have him. So given nevada's track record lately I'd say OSU is completely out of it. :lolguy:

That'll be a huge blow to this class. Really hoping it's not true and also wondering what the hell Saban is saying to these kids to get them to commit. They already have 4 linebackers in this class plus several others ahead of them. Playing time at OSU is almost assured if you come in and light it up in spring/fall camp.

He says, listen...how about a 50k signing bonus...

Zack did you watch it live on yahoo? Next up the Glenville trio and or Dixon?

Watched the stream online, yeah. And had twitter open watching everyone analyze the placement of the hats, which ones looked worn, etc...lol. I audibly celebrated here at the office.

And I think Dixon is next. Sometime this week. I think he didn't announce on Saturday because he wanted to get something formal set up at his school.

Boom - Fickell Got McMillian !

Urban played a role in it but Fickell has been on this kid for a long time. Fickell is a monster of a recruiter, prob the main reason he has been kept honestly.

No video yet, but if I find one i'll post it up. I want to see a video of Bama fans when he grabs their hat only to sit it back down and pick Ohio State

Gif of the end of the pick...

http://i.imgur.com/VaBBJlk.gif

At this point he has already grabbed the Alabama hat after saying he has a lot of great decisions there on the table then says I'm gonna have to roll with... and picks up and puts on the OSU hat.

Bill Greene ‏@BillBankGreene 9m

Luke Fickell deserves credit for landing Raekwon. Position coach sets the comfort and relationship table. #Luke

Also McMillan made it a point to give Fickell some love in his interview. Clemson apparently finished 2nd behind OSU in his recruitment. Will be here for spring ball wearing #42 according to reports.

Zack you may be right on Dixon:

Bill Greene ‏@BillBankGreene 30s

Stay awake Buckeye fans. Might be another party starting Real Soon. Good things come in 3's. Clark. Raekwon. ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZUtGKo3P5s#t=43