How many of you are into cars?

DTM Brian

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an '87 GN. But I come from a car family...

The prize piece of my ol' mans stable is a '72 Stingray convertible 454, but he has another 'vette ('80) and a '96 Impala SS. He had to sell the '85 vette and '65 Impala SS convertible to pay for college for us.

Then there are 5 drag cars that are in various states of build. Currently running are my dads S/ST Monza and my brothers S/ST Camaro, the dragster needs some shakedown time, there is another Camaro roller that is planned to get a Buick V6 Nascar engine to run S/Stk and they just bought a wrecked chrome-moly Beretta that they'll be fixing.

I used to be really in to them in high school, but as soon as I hit college I started noticing bikes more and more and by the end of freshmen year I had to have one. I was originally going to buy an 05-06 GTO, but decided that the practicality of a 4-wheeled vehicle was just something I had no use for (:rolleyes:) and went with a bike instead. Saved myself about 15 grand and am having WAY more fun than if I had gone with a car :D

I figure once I get a real career going that I'll probably still pick up an 06 GTO in Phantom Black Metallic with the 18" rim package and 6-speed. I freaking love those cars :leghump:

Wow, total bragging thread huh?

:ttiwwop:

Got rid of my last car project for a bike and haven't looked back. It used to always be BMW's for me though. I like corners (especially AutoX). Some of my old whips:

P5260015.jpg

DSC00573.jpg

IMG_1000.jpg

In action:

6x4.jpg

I also got to drive on a LeMons 2008 team and got maybe 5 hours wheel to wheel racing experience. I can't wait to do it again this year. That's Ze Brick and should be returning this year.

IMG_1901.jpg

So yes, I like cars.

I had a 67 Tempest Gto,

I have a 70 VW Dune bug

When I got the bike, I realized just how lame "performance" cars are, so I opted for a luxury car instead. Got a Caddy Eldorado with the Northstar. Couldn't be more comfortable when the weather sucks, and couldn't have more fun when it's nice out. Best of both worlds. Then this winter I totalled the Eldo, and got myself a STS to replace it. Drives about the same, and aside from 2 extra doors, it's pretty similar.

I still want an 83 Delorean with the manual and the 6 cyl.

The prize piece of my ol' mans stable is a '72 Stingray convertible 454, but he has another 'vette ('80) and a '96 Impala SS. He had to sell the '85 vette and '65 Impala SS convertible to pay for college for us.

Then there are 5 drag cars that are in various states of build. Currently running are my dads S/ST Monza and my brothers S/ST Camaro, the dragster needs some shakedown time, there is another Camaro roller that is planned to get a Buick V6 Nascar engine to run S/Stk and they just bought a wrecked chrome-moly Beretta that they'll be fixing.

You need to talk to my ole ladies family they got some cool cars. Her uncle has a GNX with less than 1000 miles on it.

I used to be into cars pretty good in Highschool, but once I got a bike at age 17, I got into bikes and lost interest in cars. I still like to wench around on cars and "sup" them up. I have lowered my S-10 Xtreme, put 20 inch shoes on her, done some things to spice up the looks dept, and some minor performance stuff. I hope to have it blown and a new cam next year and a tune by Brian of course. We are about ready to start house hunting again, so I had to put that project off untill maybe next year. My old man has a pretty mean 01 WS6 T/A however. He just bought Texas speed stage 2.5 heads and a lingenfelter cam. Its going to be our winter project. I told him when its time to get it retuned, That Brian will hook him up.

I also got to drive on a LeMons 2008 team and got maybe 5 hours wheel to wheel racing experience. I can't wait to do it again this year. That's Ze Brick and should be returning this year.

IMG_1901.jpg

So yes, I like cars.

You are my hero. I've always wanted to field a LeMons car. Drag racing is fun, but I want to try something else.

You need to talk to my ole ladies family they got some cool cars. Her uncle has a GNX with less than 1000 miles on it.

Where's the :drool: smiley? You are my new hero, sorry V4junkie. You don't happen to know what # it is do you?

Edited by JRMMiii

I used to really be into cars....mainly F-bodies(till i discovered bikes), I have about 5 good friends that have them,....had a 99 z28 up till about 2 months ago, got sick of paying $3500 a year insurance and not being able to drive it in the winter. Currently saving my money for a 05 cts-v (LS6 6speed manual) the insurance on those are way less because its a 4 door :lol: and they are faster than my z was :D It will be atleast a year before I maybe get one though :/

the z:

DSC02927-1.jpg

I sold my 96 Impala a few years back. It was fun for a hot second, but lighter and quicker cars were starting to come out..and the Impala's mass just didn't cut it anymore. Still..I had mad fun in that thing. Ended up selling it on Ebay. Good memories.

The only cool car I ever had was a couple years ago. It was a new '06 350Z that I had completely done over in NISMO stuff....Body skirts, Spoiler, Intake, exhaust, wheels, suspension, and it had custom leather seats made, and the dash had been gutted and replaced with a single 7" touchscreen for DVD/CD/GPS/MP3/iPod....

That thing was the pride of my existence until I sold it to get my CBR and a house....

2989045390092123726S600x600Q85.jpg