How many of you are into cars?

DTM Brian

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm into Euro cars as well.. I really like the Lotus Exige's, and I almost went out to Salt Lake City to buy an Elise last year.. but my wife said that all the other vehicles we own need to be paid off first before I can get anything else now! :mad: I will own one... I've got a 5 yr plan... in 5 yrs or less, I will own one!

The thing is, the Sports car industry has fallen flat on its face, you can get exotic cars for cheap now!

Here is the Lotus Elise I wanted to buy..

I'm into Euro cars as well.. I really like the Lotus Exige's

There's a Saab/Lotus/Mercedes dealer in North Olmstead that my g/f and I stopped by after getting her service at the Chevy dealer. They were sitting on 4 Lotus's (one of them was the orange color that I love), a used 2005 Bentley Continental, and a few AMG SL's.

The sales guy was really trying to talk me into getting a Lotus (since that's the whole reason I stopped into the place), basically convincing me that the financing works out because the residual value of those cars remains high, so you wouldn't really take a huge loss on the resale market. Then I forgot to research what used Lotus's were going for.... so maybe it does make sense? The only issue is trying to find someone with enough cash that would want to buy a used Lotus if you were ever forced to sell it.

Great cars though.

Where's the :drool: smiley? You are my new hero, sorry V4junkie. You don't happen to know what # it is do you?

here is a pick of his drag car, far lane.

SUPER ROD

Richard Bateman carried the Hoosier banner into the final round in Super Rod. A huge 90-car field was on hand until there were just two competitors remaining. Bateman got the jump at the light (.025 RT) over his opponent and went on to claim the win with a 9.890 ET (-.010) on the 9.90 index. Not only did Team Hoosier claim the victory, the World Champion was also a member of the elite group with Steve Furr crowned the 2004 Super Rod World Champion.

I wished he was still racing, he stopped before gsxrnurse and I got together

sr_final.JPG

Always have been,

55 Ford Fairlane Crown Vict. Club Sedan, fully restored 3 years ago, bought new off the showroom by my great grandpa and grandma

74 Mustang II(ya it was an awful year but o well) bought new by my dad going for resto this summer

01 Mercurcy Cougar(flame on), bought new by myself in 01. SVT Hybrid Engine, 50 shot ZEX, cosmetic work, suspension work, lighting work, stereo work, and all the other basics.

Brian,

Do you have a wideband O2 sensor hookup on your dyno? I cant up my spray until I know I can get it tuned. Not to mention I need a custom burnt chip, any experience with that? I've been meaning to call/email you or Mike.

Car will be down mid summer at times, and Id like to finally get all this done.

Should have either a Lotus Elise or Pontiac Solstice by year end. Vastly different cars. Each has its advantages.

Will ultimately depend on my wife - LOL

She's not into cars or bikes. Though she did like my 1991 Mr2 Turbo - sunk a small fortune into it - put out between 325-375 rwhp depending on the boost and whether it was running right or not.

Should have either a Lotus Elise or Pontiac Solstice by year end. Vastly different cars. Each has its advantages.

Will ultimately depend on my wife - LOL

She's not into cars or bikes. Though she did like my 1991 Mr2 Turbo - sunk a small fortune into it - put out between 325-375 rwhp depending on the boost and whether it was running right or not.

dude, gotta take the elise over the solstice...

one's a well tuned sports car, the other is an over-sized barbie powerwheels...

0068067400018_500X500.jpg

Edited by magley64

@ Shitty:

Picture looks like....Rockingham? I'm pretty sure it's IHRA. I've never been there. Out of all the "Rod" classes ("Super" classes in NHRA) the 9.90 index class is my favorite.

Car looks good too, but as nice as that class racer car is, I'd still take the GNX over it. :D

I don't know if I have any shots of my ol' man or brother's car in action. I'm sure my brother knows Bateman - he's got the majority of all the sportsman racers, their class, and their cars memorized.

I'm currently working on my wifes Scion Xa. Should be able to produce at least 3HP at the tires once I'm done with it.

Love it! What'd you do, change the hamsters over to guinea pigs? I hear that makes a big difference

dude, gotta take the elise over the solstice...

one's a well tuned sports car, the other is an over-sized barbie powerwheels...

LOL -- Hey I wouldn't critcize it to that extent. It has good potential with a bit of tuning and suspension work. The turbo is ludicrously small but.. can be upgraded.

I have a family, mortgage kids etc. so I have to think about the money aspects. I was considering a Z06 but ... insurance, mileage etc. bites into the wallet.

The Lotus gets good mileage and kicks butt. At twice the cost of the Solstice.

It's a shame to talk mileage and sports car in the same sentence but that's married life.

alright, maybe a BIT harsh on my part...

Back in '04 I was looking at solstice as a possible purchase. After walking around a local store and seeing that disney princess version, that's all I can picture when I see one...

I opted for the 97 Eldorado in red metallic instead.

alright, maybe a BIT harsh on my part...

Back in '04 I was looking at solstice as a possible purchase. After walking around a local store and seeing that disney princess version, that's all I can picture when I see one...

I opted for the 97 Eldorado in red metallic instead.

I got harrassed by Mustang/Z28 owners about my MR2. As I'm sure I would if I owned a Lotus. You'd never get one on the curves long enough to show them why.

Quite frankly - I have a wide interest .. muscle cars , sports cars, bikes cruiser and sport.

Just not enough garage space and money.

Though I must say I've been waiting on the new Camaro. Mileage thing will kill me most likely.

^^where do you race kart? are those auto or shifter karts? looks like a load of fun

i have races up and down the east coast... but around here cicleville, g&j kartway in camden, and new castle motorsports park on the east side of indy. and its a single gear, a whole lot funner than shifter kart racing!!! trust me, shifter karts are fun dont get me wrong the thing is they have so much power that they enable you to make mistakes and get away with them. with single gears you mkae a mistake and you're screwed making for an amazing race. it also shows who is going to break under preasure

I was really happy with the Eldo...

I knew I wanted a 2 dr, the sunroof/moonroof was HUGE, it had a 300 hp V8 (vs the solstice standard 177 hp 4 banger, or gxp 260 hp)

It was more comfortable, and 1/3 of the price...

the only downfalls were the automatic trans, and FWD configuration...

I still want to build a beast of an eldorado someday, put an eldo shell on a GTO or cts-v chassis.

I was really happy with the Eldo...

I knew I wanted a 2 dr, the sunroof/moonroof was HUGE, it had a 300 hp V8 (vs the solstice standard 177 hp 4 banger, or gxp 260 hp)

It was more comfortable, and 1/3 of the price...

the only downfalls were the automatic trans, and FWD configuration...

I still want to build a beast of an eldorado someday, put an eldo shell on a GTO or cts-v chassis.

The Solstice does seem a bit pricey for what you get. However, I would not buy a new one when I can get a low mileage used one for $10-12,000 less.

They have factory boost kits that still honor the warranty now. Boost hp to 290.

The Lotus would be my first choice... ahhhhh.... all depends on the economy...and my salary