How many of you are into cars?

DTM Brian

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like some pretty bad detonation going on in that cylinder. The other cylinders seem to be fine, so either that one wasn't getting enough fuel for some reason or it was getting more intake air than the others. Was there any pitting in the cylinder opposite it? If so, it could be something with the intake feeding too much air to those rear cylinders. I'm guessing the tune was pushing the envelope already, and something caused that one to go over the edge.

looks like some pretty bad detonation going on in that cylinder.

Detonation? Looks to me like a valve head just beat the shit out of everything but I am no expert. My Buick V6 ownership experience was all with bolt on parts and tuning with a Direct Scan system. Nothing compared to this beast

I don't think it was detonation... I think gary's right... the valve just beat the shit out of the top of the piston.

Like I said, I don't have the super specifics regarding how my brother built the engine, but I'm guessing he raised the compression, increasing the interference, and at 8300rpms the valve probably floated in that cylinder for one reason or another and that was the end result.

I think I see a speck of dirt on there....never mind, it was on my monitor. :D

DIRT...WHERE!!!

Sheww..I reacted to fast...I needed to read the rest of your post....GEt that monitor squared away...you almost gave me a heart attack.