Your Opinion Wanted - Choosing an AR15 for 2-3K

Diamonds

They're all mil spec. Are you looking for asthetics or what? Longer barrel? Sweet looking rail? I'm not sure how a $3k ar15 is any better than for instance a S&W M&P15T? Maybe it's just me, but I feel as if you're wanting to buy an expensive gun because, well it's expensive.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He asked a valid question based on his interest. We asked the reason and expressed options. He's on his topic and no one has to agree with it. I look forward to seeing what is suggested. I'm a SCAR fan, as well as an ACR fan. Interested to see what the end decision is.

Let's stay on topic.

They're all mil spec. Are you looking for asthetics or what? Longer barrel? Sweet looking rail? I'm not sure how a $3k ar15 is any better than for instance a S&W M&P15T? Maybe it's just me, but I feel as if you're wanting to buy an expensive gun because, well it's expensive.

I used the term "level up". To me, that means getting a rifle with a better trigger from the factory, great barrel, nicer amenities (ambi safety), QD rail mounts, QD barrel systems (although not important to me) polygonal rifling (whether or not you buy the hype), other proprietary systems that help with cooling (rails, in some cases), piston system in some cases.

I mean, (as an example) there is a reason why Larue is taking over the AR10 market based on accuracy alone (not what im after, just saying that their 3500.00 gun is better than the 1500.00 dollar average ar10)

Anthony, a lot of the 2500+ dollar rifles leave that "milspec" arena with some of the refinements that they add based on innovation. Barrels, Billet pieces, geissele-or-similar triggers, custom or proprietary stocks, rails that QD and or have better cooling properties than most,...

He asked a valid question based on his interest. We asked the reason and expressed options. He's on his topic and no one has to agree with it. I look forward to seeing what is suggested. I'm a SCAR fan, as well as an ACR fan. Interested to see what the end decision is.

Let's stay on topic.

Thanks Joe. I knew this had the potential to turn into a "you don't need it" or a "why spend a lot on an AR15" thread.

Right now, I am leaning towards the HK (naturally) or a Larue.

Still want to look into Knights, JP, Rainier, Noveske, and a few others.

Let's stay on topic.

I asked questions, and gave opinions....which was what he wanted. Lol, you guys kill me.

Not hitting you on it. It was valid exchange. I posted that so this didn't spiral way off to a "beat Bob up" thread. The info and opinion exchange is good. But, as you can see with the post I deleted, some clown is going to come in here and post a link to a toy AR from Walmart, and think he's funny.

The man wants quality, I can certainly understand this though I'm usually on the entire other end of the spectrum lol. Take my AR for instance, M&P Sport that I made a custom (includes grinding and JB Weld lol) 45deg BUS set up on with a cheapo NcStar Holosight and some cheapo LED tac light because it works and was free to me from Amazon.

My purpose, sits around the house or in gun case for home defense, and sometimes I shoot it because its fun. I can use it just fine and its fine for shooting 100yrds off my back deck or dumping magazines like an idiot because its fun.

But, as you can see with the post I deleted, some clown is going to come in here and post a link to a toy AR from Walmart, and think he's funny.

I must have missed that!

And Anthony, I think joes point is this.... Be sure and give opinions based on the question asked. I asked for advice on choosing a high end ar15 based on opinions, experiences, and here say about them regarding which one to buy. A lot of people out there would rather try and talk me out of it. There's no need. I have already made up my mind to spend the jack. I just want advice on which one.

some clown is going to come in here and post a link to a toy AR from Walmart, and think he's funny.

I tried to play airsoft with Diamonds and some stuff happened so i thought it was funny to post an airsoft gun link. He did spend way to much money on his pellet gun and i guess he wants to send too much on a real gun.

Meant no disrespect.

Only members on that form can view the pics.

here you go Joe.

It has the extended rail (500.00 dollar option)

TAKEN FROM THREAD

WTS MR556a1

Hello, I am looking to sell my NIB Mr556. It has been sitting around collecting dust and could use the cash for other things. It has a Magpul miad, HK Diopter sights, HK extended rail (same as M27 IAR), 1 HK steel magazine, 3 HK rail covers, box and papers. I am asking 3000.00 Shipped for it. I will have pictures up soon. Thanks

1604493_10102211955685104_1156733378_n.jpg

1618581_10102211955720034_2046067767_n.jpg

1904044_10102211955690094_2038631681_n.jpg

I honestly don't see the appeal of getting that hk over an ar that's half the price.

Opinion based. Just cant dig the HK prices compared to a Noveske or a Wilson.

Noveske new Shooting team looks pretty good. http://shopnoveske.com/collections/rifles/products/noveske-shooting-team-rifle

Not gonna lie Bob, I like HK's but this AR looks plain as hell. From a glance you could tell somebody it's a Olympic arms and they would agree. That name brand premium FTL.

Not gonna lie Bob, I like HK's but this AR looks plain as hell. From a glance you could tell somebody it's a Olympic arms and they would agree. That name brand premium FTL.

Reluctantly....Admittedly... First, I would be buying it for the name. The "amazing/greatest-in-the-world" piston system would be the second reason.

Part of addiction is realizing that you have a problem.

Edited by Diamonds