IT Geeks; What's the best SSD to get?

TTQ B4U

I'm finally upgrading my main drive on my Photo PC to an SSD. Looking for a 250-500gb capacity.

What are your thoughts on speed and mainly reliability with the following? Any others I should consider?

• Samsung EVO or Pro Series
  • Intel
  • OCZ Vector or Vertex drives

Insight appreciated.

*Samsung Evo 250GB and up (the 120GB is slow and I have durability concerns)

*Samsung Pro is among the fastest and most reliable on the market, but it's more expensive than the Evo.

*Crucial M500 offers great bang for the buck, and adds additional data and power redundancy. The M550 is Crucial's new line, but being new to the market, it's still too expensive.

The big perk of the Samsung SSDs is the software. The bundled S/W allows you to migrate your existing Windows installation to a SSD. Migrating is different from cloning, in that is configures your existing install to match the SSD's storage parameters.

I'm sure you already know this, but if you do a lot of photo editing (presumable RAW), you'll want a lot of RAM in your system. The 512GB Pro is ~$150 more than the 500GB Evo. I'd go with the 500GB Evo and use the extra $150 to add RAM or a large platter drive for storage.

I'm sure you already know this, but if you do a lot of photo editing (presumable RAW), you'll want a lot of RAM in your system. The 512GB Pro is ~$150 more than the 500GB Evo. I'd go with the 500GB Evo and use the extra $150 to add RAM or a large platter drive for storage.

Thanks. I'm loaded up with RAM so good there. I also just added 16TB more of RAID storage on top of the 6TB inside my PC. Should be good for a while on storage of Vids and Pics.

I'm good with the price of the Pro. Not going to cut corners anywhere.