2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat

Mallard

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoping that's sarcasm...

CTS-V coupe and sedan are both over 4200 lbs.

Maybe I should have said "muscle car"? I don't think the CTSv or Bentley are competitors of the Challenger but I could be wrong?

As a side note, I was disappointed when the new CTSv rolled out 400+ pounds heavier than the first gen.

I found a picture of the new SRT Hellcat parked:

http://cdn.doyouremember.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/fnacpantherimage.toutlecine.com-photos-g-a-r-garfield-serie-tv-10-g.jpg

In all seriousness, it looks like a great car and I applaud FCA for putting it together and out to market. Unless it's going to sticker under $35K, I'd buy a CTS-V or Shelby 'Stang before this thing.

I saved for almost 4 years to pay cash for my Challenger. I had the money to purchase a GT, SS, was even looking at a used Shelby convertible.

In the end, I purchased the Challenger because it was a bigger car, and Dodge absolutely nailed it in the looks area for these cars. Very evocative of the originals, yet still very high-tech (when optioned as such).

Is it heavy? Yes. Yes it is. Do guys in 5.0 Mustangs and SS Camaros drive faster and lighter cars? Yes. Yes they do. But I don't think they drive cooler cars. Now, that's just my personal opinion.

Anyhow, I weigh like 290. So weight to power ratio wasn't tops on my list. Drove it two summers bone stock, never felt it was underpowered.

Always going to be faster cars out there. I stopped into Dyno Tune Motorsports yesterday and watched a Victory Red ZL1 Camaro 'vert put over 550 HP to the rear wheels. And it was stock except for a CAI. And a tune, of course. Sounded like a shuttle launch.

If they wouldn't rape me like Justin Bieber in Lucasville on the trade in, I would consider it.

But they would.

Well said, go with what you like. I think they'd make good daily drivers. I've never driven one, so who knows maybe I'd like them. If Mitch would have babied an SRT8 for 4k miles and indirectly sold it to me for the same overly tempting price, I'd probably own one now.. If I liked driving it.

I saved for almost 4 years to pay cash for my Challenger. I had the money to purchase a GT, SS, was even looking at a used Shelby convertible.

In the end, I purchased the Challenger because it was a bigger car, and Dodge absolutely nailed it in the looks area for these cars. Very evocative of the originals, yet still very high-tech (when optioned as such).

Is it heavy? Yes. Yes it is. Do guys in 5.0 Mustangs and SS Camaros drive faster and lighter cars? Yes. Yes they do. But I don't think they drive cooler cars. Now, that's just my personal opinion.

Anyhow, I weigh like 290. So weight to power ratio wasn't tops on my list. Drove it two summers bone stock, never felt it was underpowered.

Always going to be faster cars out there. I stopped into Dyno Tune Motorsports yesterday and watched a Victory Red ZL1 Camaro 'vert put over 550 HP to the rear wheels. And it was stock except for a CAI. And a tune, of course. Sounded like a shuttle launch.

If they wouldn't rape me like Justin Bieber in Lucasville on the trade in, I would consider it.

But they would.

If you own a orange challenger then I'm pretty sure that I drive past your house every day I go to work, nice looking car I've never seen it dirty you must take great care of it.

I own a 2013 classic plum crazy purple bone stock. And I love it I look at all cars and had money to buy any of them.but being old and fat I was way more comfortable in the challenger. And yes car is a auto fuck all the haters....lol don't get hard Peter I'm just playing with you

There's even a hole in the headlight for more horsepowers!

Yea, and Chevy made a huge deal out of the "Flow-tie" on the Z/28. I'm sure it will only be a couple months before someone buys an extra headlamp for the other side and mounts twin turbo's up front.

they put this drivetrain in a Chrysler 300 and I'm buying one.

Just can't warm up to the styling of the Challenger (plus life dictates 4 doors for me these days)

According to the 5 year plan, the Charger will get it, but the SRT 300 is dead.

I actually LOVE this car and everything about it but the weight. If they seriously dropped 600-800lbs from this thing it would be even more silly. I'm sure it will still be quick for what it is but you can count on it running $60k+ when all is said and done...

Some info on the blower was posted on another forum. Not sure how accurate, but they did say in the release that it's an IHI and not a TVS.

"It is a twin screw, so a Lysohlm style... similar to a Whipple, Kenne Bell, or SMS. The big difference is that it uses a front inlet instead of a rear inlet."