Picked up another slow ride.

Draco-REX

Well, since I made my slow ride fast(er), I thought I should get another slow one.

Max speed 50mph+...

..down hill..

..if someone better than me is driving it..

14781331355_267e11497d_b.jpg

14780976472_cb8ac90cc0_b.jpg

Yeah, I'm a dork. But dammit, this thing is fun to ride and tinker with. And it doesn't aggravate my neck, which was the main reason why I picked it up.

It's a 2014 Catrike 700, reputed to be the fastest stock trike. The fact that it is US built is nice too.

nice!! but how do you transport it?

Sea Sucker trike rack

1000lbs of holding force for a 33lb trike.

Which way is front?

Cranks front. This is often referred to as a "tadpole" trike because it has two wheels up front. If it had two in the rear it would be a "delta".

I could have gone with a two wheeled recumbent, but I think the trikes are neat. It's like a go-kart that runs on calories. :D

Looks like a death trap. Stay safe man.

I don't plan on seeing many road miles, to be honest. Drivers do tend to give trikes greater space, but I don't want to test that. My girlfriend and I stick to trails, so hopefully I won't have to worry about being flattened beneath some idiot texting.

you'll be fine on the road...just get a $15 rear light for extra visibility. i was riding last night and passed a guy on the road behind hoover on a hand cycle with carbon fairings over the wheels. i dont think a single part of it was much more than 24" off the ground, him included. it was pretty cool

and you probably wont hit 50 on many downhills in OH...i think my max speed ever was 52 and that was a long, steep downhill and i was tucked into as aero as i could be. i'd be interested to see how it goes though

• Downvote 1

You'd be amazed at how many bike vs car incidents we get in the ICU. Guess which one ends up lying in the bed? Best of luck to you.

Not at all. When I was younger I was in the ER at least 4 times for accidents. And now, after years of driving, I want even less to do with riding on the road. Too many dipshits with phones.

Wanna run em? ;)

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af40/ted_kennedy/Bike_zpsedede6c0.jpg

Cool. From a dig? :)

You are going to need a longer swing arm with all those nitrous bottles

The physics of popping a wheelie in that thing hurt my brain... and legs.

Gayer than bobbing for apples in a bucket of dicks.

Is there somewhere to apply for this dick-in-the-bucket job? Also, is there something in place to keep our dicks from actually touching? The compensation would definitely have to be increased in that case...

Cool. From a dig? :)

The physics of popping a wheelie in that thing hurt my brain... and legs.

can i get in on this fun too?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/Screenshot_2014-06-02-14-29-41_zps7mh8nrvq.png?t=1406778035

Edited by evan9381

I don't know shit about those things, but I will say I've never seen a bike with 3 water bottles.

distance riders. i carry 2 which is enough for 50 miles or so for myself. some people consume a lot more water and dont want to stop as often. if its ridiculously hot out (90+), i usually carry an extra in my jersey pocket. fill it full of ice water (or freeze it if i have enough notice of what i'll be riding), and let it keep me cool by being on my back, then drink that one last once it melts in the heat.

Guest GMoney

How to instantly get a golden buckeye card... Get any type of trike.

Just messing. I understand if you have back or neck problems, I love riding and hope you get to put many miles on that thing.

can i get in on this fun too?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/Screenshot_2014-06-02-14-29-41_zps7mh8nrvq.png?t=1406778035

Couple guys putting together a friendly race and a Lamborghini shows up... ;)

I don't know shit about those things, but I will say I've never seen a bike with 3 water bottles.

I like to ride with plenty of water. I'll sweat like crazy and the wind will blow it away so I won't know how much I'm sweating. So I just drink a lot to keep ahead of my losses.

That said, I only used 2 on the road bike. I went to three on the trike because it looks better with two bottles behind the shoulders instead of just one. I may remove the one on the boom.