College Football Thread v5.0

bicranium

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, I mean maybe it just shows how bad their passing offenses are at those schools...either way I was surprised to see it.

Holy shit... you're not wrong.

Ranking for passing YPG

Indiana 113th

Wisconsin 121st

Minnesota 124th

Nebraska is fine at 71st considering their run game. More similar to OSU with Braxton/Hyde with their Armstrong/Abdullah combo. Ohio State was 90th in passing YPG last year, 5th in rushing.

Holy shit... you're not wrong.

Ranking for passing YPG

Indiana 113th

Wisconsin 121st

Minnesota 124th

Nebraska is fine at 71st considering their run game. More similar to OSU with Braxton/Hyde with their Armstrong/Abdullah combo. Ohio State was 90th in passing YPG last year, 5th in rushing.

This surprises you how? Hahahahaha, I just know Wisconsins QB situation is horrible so I assumed the others were as well based on so many rushing yards. It's usually a good indicator.

Was listening to The Fan earlier, they were discussing Barrett's stats. IIRC, he's on pace to set all kinds of single season records, including passing yards (held by Hoying) and TDs (held by Troy Smith, I think). Also, let's just say he plays three more years and puts up equivalent stats each of those years... O_O

Was listening to The Fan earlier, they were discussing Barrett's stats. IIRC, he's on pace to set all kinds of single season records, including passing yards (held by Hoying) and TDs (held by Troy Smith, I think). Also, let's just say he plays three more years and puts up equivalent stats each of those years... O_O

He's the first QB since Smith to throw for 300 yards, I believe I read something projecting his numbers. He is on pace for like 3500 yards and 40+ TDs, not bad for a guy that was 3rd string coming into spring practice.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2014/09/40532/barretts-blazing-start-freshman-quarterback-on-pace-for-great-numbers

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I have said it and will continue to say it, ESPN and those involved with college football realize that no school pulls in money like Ohio State. Suddenly they are looking at potential playoff teams and games of Kansas State vs Ole Miss and realize that game is not going to draw ratings. Keep winning and OSU is in the playoffs

ESPN might have an agenda, which is to get Ohio State into the playoff. Teams like Ohio State bring lots of eyeballs, and lots of eyeballs means lots of money. (I think a few other guys have been saying this as well - Zach, maybe?) I heard recently on talk radio how the 4 teams in the playoff won't really matter for ratings. Bullshit, they matter. Just ask the Orange Bowl. I guarantee you more people tune in to see Alabama vs. Ohio State in the first round of the playoffs as opposed to Baylor vs. Ole Miss.

I've heard he is a mega SEC homer, but honestly I don't think I've ever heard him say more than two sentences.

I hate all of CBS when it comes to college football.

Finebaum is with ESPN/SEC Network now I think. PAAWWWWWWWWWWWWL!!!!!!! I think the story on him is that he's a massive Bama homer? Or at least he's really big on both of the Alabama schools, always breaking their stories and focusing almost exclusively on them. The "PAAAWWWWWWWWL" thing is a joke from all the insane Bama rednecks who regularly call into his show.

The 2 SEC commits I mentioned a while back have now flipped to OSU. Alex Stump (4* WR formerly committed to Kentucky) was last weekend and Jerome Baker (4* ATH/LB formerly committed to Florida) was supposed to be around this time last week but he just made the announcement on Twitter tonight.

Glad to see Baker flip, many felt this was something that would eventually happen. Muschamp being on the hot seat had to of helped out in some capacity.

Yeah I knew it was going to happen at some point this year. Oh well, ya win some ya lose some

Yeah I knew it was going to happen at some point this year. Oh well, ya win some ya lose some

You guys think you'll get Mullen next year? There's a lot of talent on the defensive side of your staff (Muschamp included) to be spread around the football world if Mullen comes in and brings his own guys from MSU.

Another commit this morning. 3* DE/ATH Rashod Berry. He's listed at 6'5", 230 but recent reports have him up to 6'6" and 240 and some saying he's been running 4.4 40's. He had serious grade issues over the last couple years in HS but has turned it around this year hence offers over the past couple days from both Ohio State and Michigan State.

They're actually already over going strictly on the numbers I believe. Urban gonna be "processing" some kids after this year. I know he's been pretty upset with some of the guys further down the depth chart on the DL.

Also, from an ESPN thingy "Inside the office of Urban Meyer"...

http://i.imgur.com/hV4Z2eV.jpg

Notice the uniform mockups on his desk...

You guys think you'll get Mullen next year? There's a lot of talent on the defensive side of your staff (Muschamp included) to be spread around the football world if Mullen comes in and brings his own guys from MSU.

I don't know, but I really hope so. Of all the potential candidates that have been talked about so far, Mullen is the only one that really excites me. It's sad because I genuinely like Will Muschamp and think he's a great guy with one hell of a great mind for defense, but it's been clear for over a year now that he's just not the answer. I had high hopes for him, but at this point I'm ready to throw a huge party the day he's fired. The Ron Zook years look good in comparison, and that's a HUGE problem.