brake pads with great stopping power

PRD2BDF

The Saab is due for brakes soon and frankly, it stops like shit. I thought it was fluid so I swapped fluid and no change. Looking in the previous records from former owner, they put in cheap pads. Problem found.

What's the best pad that makes the car stop yesterday? I was interested on EBCs because i remembered making a thread about that but lately I'm reading about them separating from their plates.

Suggestions.

Edited by PRD2BDF
fucking autocorrect

Hawk DTC70, or Carbotech XP10. You're deaf, it'll be fine.

Lolz. In seriousness you will never get DTCs up to temp on the street, and they dust HORRIBLY...and you're certainly not blind so you'll see how bad it F's your wheels.

Of track pads that I've run Carbotech was the most street-friendly but I'd still not be looking at their XP lineup. I'd look at their street or the most their AX lineup.

I would see whats available for your car in an autocross specific pad from Carbotech or Hawk. Something for autocross isn't going to have the need for temp like a track pad, but is going to give you the maximum bite at normal temps. I have Hawk 9012 on my Miata, but they're a little too temp dependent for regular street duty.

Carbotech

This, try the AX6 for good initial bite that doesn't need warmed up, or xp8 for the opposite.

xp8 will dust like a whore

Hawk DTC70, or Carbotech XP10. You're deaf, it'll be fine.

this

Lolz. In seriousness you will never get DTCs up to temp on the street, and they dust HORRIBLY...and you're certainly not blind so you'll see how bad it F's your wheels.

Of track pads that I've run Carbotech was the most street-friendly but I'd still not be looking at their XP lineup. I'd look at their street or the most their AX lineup.

xp8s are great for street imo, minus dust and noise. Only take a few 45mph stops to get them working well.

Porterfield R4-S makes for a great street pad imo. No noise. minimal dust. better than hawk street pads. Bit pricey. semi limited applications. has worked great for me on several different cars, some getting HPDE abuse.

These are good pads for sure, but don't compare to an AX6 or XP carbotech.

I run EBC redstuff pads on all four corners with centric(stoptech) slotted rotors on my SS cobalt. Absolutely love the combo on the Brembo calipers.

EBC redstuff gets my vote.

Did that combination improve your stopping distance?

Did that combination improve your stopping distance?

Feels like it. Never done a measured test though. Pedal feel has improved dramatically and that combo doesn't seem to have brake fade issues. The OEM brembo rotors and pads were good for a few good stops but would fade quickly. I blame GM for that though, they could have opted for a better grade of lining.

I run ebc red's and love them, they are advertised as a low dust pad, but no high performance pad is low dust. The dust they produce isnt excessive though.

They have fairly good cold bite and I have not hade fade issues on them.

As for reducing stopping distance, if you cannot lock up your current setup then a better pad may improve your stopping distance, however if you can lock your current setup then the tires or brake proportion is the weak link and I wouldnt expect much of an improvement.