Tire Changing

yotaman88210

How about tomorrow afternoon. Someone else needs some done too. Give me a call tomorrow after 3pm and I can have you bring them over.

Two problems with that;One,I don't have your number,and two,I've decided to dump more money into the bike and order new sprockets.:cool:

I want to do it all at once,so I'll get ahold of you as soon as they come in.I figure that way,after I bring over the tires and get them mounted,I can just throw the new sprockets and chain on and only have to have the bike apart once.I'm trying to avoid as downtime as much as possible because I just got back in town and was having bike withdrawls.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
Now Flounder you doing the Dynamic or Static balance on Yota????:eek:

Both,,

Actually in early spring, Im going to take the tires off the 750 and put in a garbage bag for when the 1K tires are spent. (I have a 190 on the 750 now and want to go back to a 180 ASAP.) Not to mention the 750 tires have a few heat cycles in them. This will allow me to have new tires on the 750 for the track as well as another set for when the 1K needs them which Im sure will be at the middle to end of summer.

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
I just bought a tire mount and balance system and we are up and running.... Details for now....

OFF the bike Mount and Balance - $20 per tire. -

ON the bike Mount and Balance - $60 per tire.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" - $100 for both front and rear.

CASH ONLY FOR SERVICES

If you need any other work done, we are charging $50 per labor hour, with a minimum of one hour.

These prices are very reasonable. $20 per tire is $5 cheaper than Iron Pony and most dealers that do on the bike changing charge at least $70....

I dont want your old tires so I am charging a large disposal fee of $10 each. If you are on your bike I will hold your disposal money and give it back if you come back for the tires within 24hrs. We have enough shit in the garage. Dont need a bunch of used tires laying around.

I am also working on getting special pricing on tires. I can already get pretty good deals on Michelins. I will let you know if I can get you a good price, just ask. Anyone who needs tire services give me a call or send me a PM. Thanks guy!!

Kevin Lauer

614-746-3156

Yota, is this all current?

hey dude, I need a price on a rear 170/80-15 and a front 130/90-16 I'd like a strong cruiser tire that'll get me at least 12 thou miles.... since that's how many I got on the oem set..... let me know what you can come up with.....

Nope not really possible. We got the "no mar" system. All the parts that touch your rim ahve a special coating on them so they cant scratch! Its freaking sweet!!!

By the 'no mar' system are you reffering to the system shown at the Indy GP where the guy could take the tires off in like .00002 seconds? That was really cool and I would trust my wheels 100% to be on the machine without being scratched.

Yep thats the system. All that info is pretty much current. I havent been doing much changing. The machine is at the Motorcycle wishlist shop. We get our tyres from www.sportbiketrackgear.com

Edited by yotaman88210

hey dude, I need a price on a rear 170/80-15 and a front 130/90-16 I'd like a strong cruiser tire that'll get me at least 12 thou miles.... since that's how many I got on the oem set..... let me know what you can come up with.....

I just put D404s on a buddies Shadow 750. one of the only ones I could find with that 170/80-15

See above post. We get our tires from STG. Its near impossible to beat STG prices on tires. They buy so freaking many, they are able to offer great prices! Let me know when you need me to mount you... ;)

Thanks man im a little slow today.

Ill be sure to give you a call when i get stuff lined up.

i dont want anyone but you guys mounting me since you promise not to leave a mark.:D

• 3 months later...

:woo:

Just spoke with Chris and I'll be gettin em done early sunday morning :D Thanks Yota :D

*edit*

Got 'em done this morning and rode around on the new rubber for a while today; everything went off without a hitch. Chris did a solid job and that is one hell of a setup he's got there...that garage is sick!

Thanks again for referring me to him Yota :)

Edited by Harb67

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
So yota, do we get with you about the tires or Chris? Gonna be needing some this season for the new bike...haven't seen you in a minute, have to catch up this year.

Either way is fine man. Same machine. But yes, we do need to catch up!!

Hmm, gonna contact STG to see if they price match...Anyone know if the Pilot Road Tires (or the 2ct ones) are any good? I want to get good miles out of them and want to be able to ride in all conditions if traveling, but also want to hit some turns for fun sometimes as well.

What's the timeframe on front/rear tires on the bike? Like how long would you guys need the bike?

Edited by SuperHawk