What is your EDC?

Radio Flyer1647545514

Not quite. Glocks are technically still DAO, though not in the traditional sense. When you rack the slide on a Glock, it is in essence only 'half-cocked'. When you pull the trigger, the striker spring moves rearward (one action), the safety's drop, and then the striker drops (second action).

Again, I say it is not traditional in the sense that if you have a miss-fire, there is no second-strike capabilities.

Most other striker fired guns simply drop the striker when the trigger is pulled (single action).

Cliffs: Glocks are weird. Semantics and all that.

If you want to get into semantics then the M&P is something like 9/10's cocked, so they can claim to police departments that they are DAO, even if just barely, so that they qualify for PD's that still use the archaic requirement that they only issue DAO guns.

But for simplicity sake, striker fired is a different system than single action or double action. Then you've got Sig with their DAK triggers, and HK with whatever the fuck they have that's better than you, and hates you.

If you want to get into semantics then the M&P is something like 9/10's cocked, so they can claim to police departments that they are DAO, even if just barely, so that they qualify for PD's that still use the archaic requirement that they only issue DAO guns.

But for simplicity sake, striker fired is a different system than single action or double action. Then you've got Sig with their DAK triggers, and HK with whatever the fuck they have that's better than you, and hates you.

I don't, and as I said most, striker-fired guns, not all. I'm just pointing it out.

I know what you mean though. Technically they're DAO; in practice, they are closer to a SA. Better?

I don't carry everyday, but when I do, I carry either my Glock 27 or my 30S. I personally like the larger caliber, and higher capacity. My wife carries a Kahr CW9, and she carries everyday. As posted before, you should try many different weapons and decide for yourself what you are most comfortable with. And that goes for holsters as well. I prefer the Foxx Trapp. Good luck with your search.