College Football Thread v7.0

bicranium

You'd have to beat Wisconsin. Then let's assume you are the 4 spot you would have to beat Bama then face Oregon to win the NC. I miss anything is possible but this is not a scenario that is.

Honestly, if my team's in the playoffs, then I want them beating the perceived best teams. That way, if my team wins it, then there is no doubt that they earned it.

BTW, if we beat Wisconsin, and then beat Bama, I can guarantee you Oregon or FSU or whoever else was waiting for us in NC game would be shitting in their pants.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we beat Wisconsin, and everyone else wins, I think we are in.

Baylor and TCU are going to cancel each other out. TCU has been ranked higher than Baylor for a while now, but Baylor holds the head-to-head win. So, who do you rank higher in the end?

Also, neither TCU nor Baylor will play a championship game, which I think is the biggest deal when considering where they all land in the final rankings. If the committee is to be believed and have any credibility, they must give at least a little weight to championship games. When they do, then that gives Ohio State the nod.

Also, everyone is kind of down on Ohio State right now because of the uncertainty surrounding Cardale Jones. However, if Ohio State beats Wisconsin, then I'm sure the narrative will be something like, "See, Ohio State just reloads, look at all that talent" and "Cardale almost beat out JT for starter position after Braxton went down, so he has to be pretty good," and "Cardale is the third best QB, but he's backing up two QBs that are legitimate Heisman candidates - thus, how do we know Cardale isn't a Heisman candidate himself?!?" and things like that. Meaning, the win over Wisconsin will take away that uncertainty and give the committee confidence that Cardale can keep the team playing at a high level. If Ohio State loses, well, then that decision becomes all that easier.

The committee will be fucked if Ohio State loses but everyone else wins, as then they'll be forced to pick between TCU and Baylor, and that's a no-win situation for them. Ohio State at the #4 gives the committee an "out" if you will.

Also, like Josh said, this comes down to money in some respects. Don't think the committee isn't wondering how the marquee will look. Ohio State versus Alabama in the first ever playoff game has a certain cache to it - far more than, say, Alabama versus Baylor.

Honestly, if my team's in the playoffs, then I want them beating the perceived best teams. That way, if my team wins it, then there is no doubt that they earned it.

BTW, if we beat Wisconsin, and then beat Bama, I can guarantee you Oregon or FSU or whoever else was waiting for us in NC game would be shitting in their pants.

Some clients of mine bought me an OSU shirt( they know we are an Alabama family :lol: ) and my 4 month old a bib and pacifier combo set to try and comvert us.

If OSU does what you described I'll proudly let my girl wear her gear and I'll put that shirt on for the NC game

My picks for this week

Arizona vs Oregon

Missouri vs Alabama

Wisconsin vs Ohio State

Kansas St vs Baylor

Florida State vs Georgia Tech

I like those picks...although a bit optimistic, but as a Buckeye, I deff. understand lol.

I think it will be extremely tough for Arizona to beat an Oregon team that looks unstoppable twice, but hey! anything can happen. If FSU beats GT, regardless of how much, I think that will prove that they are actually an elite team that just plays almost identical to their opponents level.

Hopefully Ga Tech can jump on FSU in the 1st half like every other team has, but continue to do so in the 2nd half. I honestly think the only one that happens is Kansas St over Baylor (besides OSU over Wisky obviously), but crazier things have happened (see the 2007 season)

Really hoping we have a flashback to last year's defense vs. Wisconsin where they sold out to stop the run. Yeah, Abbredaris had over 200 yards receiving. He's not there this year. OSU held Gordon to 74 yards and no TD's on 15 carries.

Reading some Wisconsin forums it seems as though Chris Ash has no idea how to do that. Hopefully he really lets Fickell take control of the planning this week and Ash tops it off with what he knows from being at Wisconsin

Big 12. So much for the "One True Champion" campaign.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11964184/big-12-present-tcu-baylor-co-champions

Cliffs:

Should No. 5 TCU and No. 7 Baylor both win Saturday and each finish the season 11-1, Bowlsby said the league would inform the 12-member selection committee it has co-champions, in spite of Baylor's 61-58 win over TCU on Oct. 11.

Only if TCU and Baylor are both left out of the top four would the league acknowledge Baylor's head-to-head win over TCU.

I hope they both get left out and force them to expand and have a conference championship.

I think K-State beats Baylor anyway.

Anyone getting their hopes up for Urban to win COY should simmer. It will likely go to Kill. An OSU coach hasn't won it since 1979.

The analysts on btn have picked Urban, so we will see.

Why isn't Savan being discussed. He does coach the best program in the country :gabe:

Do you think if OSU plays Bama in the playoff Saban will give Urban another heart attack :lolguy:

:lol:No

Saban: .751

Meyer: .842

Even Tressel had a win percentage of .752.

Saban is an AWESOME coach, but he's not "the best".