College Football Thread v7.0

bicranium

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost in this crazy season is how good Elliot has been and is as a RB. IMO, there hasn't been any drop off in quality after Hyde, which is saying a lot since I think Hyde was a stud. I'm amped that Elliot is only a sophomore and thus likely has at least one year left.

It safe to say the playoff is gone for us, unless 2 of the top 5 loose and we beat wisky.

So really is it possible our defense learns to stop the run in a week? Chris Ash was brought in to be the man, and yet our run defense got worse; the pass defense is marginally better. His job review is slightly on the line this week IMO. Before JTB got injured I was skeptical of this teams defense...Can we rely on them?

I am okay with OSU's offensive chances, keep Cardales throws to 1-2 checks throw, quick and on time spot throws, make those talented receivers be the stars. Run, run, and run some more, and keep it mixed up. I think the offense can hold its own, although Wiskys defense is tough.

FSU will struggle with GA tech, but I doubt JW throws four picks again... toss up

Oregon's kyrpotnite is that 3-3-5 defense...Arizona has a chance. Still ducks win

Mizzou - I hate to tell them but they are going to get roll'd-tide.

Baylor and TCU are apparent to get the nod above OSU, the ONLY way we jump either is with a decisive victory...and then a loss or TWO would be great from 1-5!

Is it possible that Ash's scheme that keeps the safeties in pass d at all times rather than allowing them to come downhill against the run has really hurt this teams run D? I mean you dont go from top 15 to this in one season for no reason.

Also I think Kwon gets more snaps than Grant this week. He flows to the ball much better and will be needed against MGIII

This is going to sound like haterade, but something to consider is the NON-CONFERENCE schedule. MSU played Oregon, AT Oregon, and still manages to have a top ten D. Thats just one example, but everyone, and I mean EVERYONE (Paul Finebaum has even clowned them for it) talks shit about SEC teams and their predilection for playing The Little Sisters of the Poor. Can't be too hard to keep those kids off the scoreboard.

In other news, watching Sunday Night Football, and damn if Carrie Underwood doesn't have some great legs.

Is it possible that Ash's scheme that keeps the safeties in pass d at all times rather than allowing them to come downhill against the run has really hurt this teams run D? I mean you dont go from top 15 to this in one season for no reason.

Also I think Kwon gets more snaps than Grant this week. He flows to the ball much better and will be needed against MGIII

Tyvis Powell is a good kid, but not a prime time safety. He has really made some big errors, consistently.

Vonn Bell is a good safety, in pass coverage, not the typical OSU run stopping safety we have seen in the past.

I am not certain its all scheme (but a valid point), I think there is a talent gap there, maybe more so.

I really have NO concerns with Stauve, although we seem to make the best of any QB's career against us. I think we need to go Dantonio on Wisky and put the CB's on their islands and make their role players beat us, not MG3. We really are going to have to pack the box to stop this run game, Ash will have to scheme a better/ or risky solution to stop the run.

I'm really disappointed JTB broke his ankle and won't play the rest of the year. Now when Whisky kicks your ass I am going to have to hear about OSU without their two starting QB's, and what shoulda coulda woulda happened if the team was healthy.

And if they make the playoffs and Bama dismantles them again with the same argument.

Ummm...so having a third string QB starting isn't a factor?

It is. No matter how much of a homer your wife allows you to be and no matter what teams it happens on or who you cheer for/against, it's a factor.

as if this isn't a valid argument...

He doesn't understand an argument with any sort of validity.

How long have you been married? I think you should stick to being a troll bandwagon lol

FTFY

I understand the difference.

Ok so the B1G has four yes 4 teams in the top 50 in total offense. Wisconsin(20), Ohio state(11), Michigan st(14) and Nebraska(33). So while the B1G might have 4 in total defense it's because the B1G doesn't put up any offense :lol:

The Sec has 7 teams in top 50.

The big 12 has a shitload of teams in total offense. That conference must not play any defense.

Top 50? Who reaches that low? Both conferences have all teams in the top 10982304598235. So what?

Jive, you're a gambling man, wanna make a wager? If OSU beats Wisconsin, you can't post in this thread for a year. If Wisconsin wins, I won't post in here for a year...ball is in your court.

Agreed. But let's add one more thing. If Osu wins I'll put up an Osu themed avatar for a year. If osu loses you put up an alabama avatar for a year.

Rumors going around that Tressel flew into Lincoln

Every time a job opening is there, his name follows. He has a pretty good gig right now, I don't ever see him coaching again to be honest. Hell I heard Saturday at the game that he was going to discuss coaching at Michigan (an OSU fan told me that), I literally laughed.

As for the bet, fine no perma ban. How about, if OSU wins Jive has to change his signature on here to "Urban Meyer once gave me a dirty sanchez" and if Wisconsin wins I will put, "Nick Saban once gave me a dirty sanchez".

Some odds sites have Tressel as the favorite to be the next Huskers' coach. It's not something that just popped up. They've been in love with Tressel for a while in Lincoln.

Also...

DOM TIBERI ‏@DOMTIBERI 3m3 minutes ago

Urban Meyer says J.T. Barrett's surgery was a success and he is expected back in the Spring on a limited basis.