College Football Thread v7.0

bicranium

I think Nebraska will end up with the guy from Colorado State or the offensive coordinator from Oregon. Heres a list of who they believe has a chance of being their next coach

http://nebraska.scout.com/story/1486746-hot-board-2-0-the-nebraska-coaching-search?s=204

Been reading McElwain ends up at Florida.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both. Are you really that fucking stupid?

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=524&pictureid=7182

ar·gu·ment

ˈärɡyəmənt/

noun

a reason or set of reasons given with the aim of persuading others that an action or idea is right or wrong.

ex·cuse

verb

ikˈskyo͞oz/

a poor or inadequate example of.

Either it's a valid argument (an explanation/reason) or an excuse (a bad example). Good reason or bad example?

So...are you really that stupid that you don't know the difference? :gabe:

I want to make a joke about "typical Alabama fan", but since you're not a typical Alabama fan, I'm not sure what the protocol is. :lolguy:

shrug.jpg

Same guy that said he hated Simms then praised him moments later. LOL.

I understand the difference.

Sure doesn't seem like it.

Ok so the B1G has four yes 4 teams in the top 50 in total offense. Wisconsin(20), Ohio state(11), Michigan st(14) and Nebraska(33). So while the B1G might have 4 in total defense it's because the B1G doesn't put up any offense :lol:

The Sec has 7 teams in top 50.

I guess the SEC has 14 in the top 128 for total offense. This must means they really really suck at defense. Might suck as much as your logic when it comes to football.

"Yeah dude did you see the game last night. Did you see the score? The score who cares about that, what was tr total yardage?"

Remind me not to watch a football game with you.

Total yardage does not determine the winner of a game. So asking about it in that context would be very dumb. Like you.

Pellini will probably not get picked up by a B1G team. I don't know why he would come here as a coordinator, either. I see him moving down a rung...maybe to a school not in the power 5, as a HC.

I honestly thought that Muschamp will get a call from either Braska or TTUN or both.

Kelly is a tough call. He has made ND relevant again, but, much like Bo P, he is freaking crazy. Easy to put up with crazy when the W's are rolling in, but it doesn't take long to wear out when you get a couple L's in a row.

Anyone else in the B1G on the hot seat? Hazell?

I'll just be done watching college football and go back to rooting for my terrible Chicago Bears :(

I mean, like, where are from? I get that you drive a spaceship so staying in one spot would be hard. Favorite hockey team? Canadians?

I mean, like, where are from? I get that you drive a spaceship so staying in one spot would be hard. Favorite hockey team? Canadians?

Favorite hockey team BLACKHAWKS!!!

Born and raised in Chicago. Spent time in Minnesota and south Florida now here.

Could you imagine the QB controversy at tOSU if somehow the stars align and Jones takes us to an NC?

[/headsplode]

3 things would have to happen...

1) They would have to allow him to open in up, by open it up, I mean like 25+ passes per game, which I don't see happening.

2) He would have to put up pretty insane numbers...like 20/27 320 yards 3 TDs, 11 rushes 65 yards 1 TD averages in the coming games...which I also, don't see happening.

3) He would have to win, which I could see happening, but probably not due to his outstanding play.

I will be fully rooting for Jones (obviously), but I think Herman and Urban will go ultra conservative and I see a real possibility of the game being completely controlled by Wisconsin because of their run game and our lack of ability to stop the run. I hope I'm wrong, but it's tough to win playing conservative football against a team with a tough defense that can also put up points on offense.

Could you imagine the QB controversy at tOSU if somehow the stars align and Jones takes us to an NC?

[/headsplode]

That topic was discussed on elevenwarriors and many on there felt it would still be a 2 horse race between Barrett and Braxton. I think if anything, it would make transferring for Jones that much easier. He finally has a chance to show other teams what he is capable of doing, all the while knowing he is still going to be #3 heading into next year regardless of what he does the rest of this year.

...our lack of ability to stop the run.

Really hoping we have a flashback to last year's defense vs. Wisconsin where they sold out to stop the run. Yeah, Abbredaris had over 200 yards receiving. He's not there this year. OSU held Gordon to 74 yards and no TD's on 15 carries.

My dream scenario: Cardale is enough of a game manager to keep us viable, our defense comes through big at key moments, we make a run and win the NC. I guarantee you all three QBs - Braxton, JT, and Cardale - would become icons in this town for different reasons. Braxton as the fallen hero (that we'd all assume would have led us to the NC had he not got hurt), JT (for obvious reasons), and Cardale (as the unsung hero that came through in the clutch for us).

/dreaming

Back to reality: let's just beat Wisconsin.

You'd have to beat Wisconsin. Then let's assume you are the 4 spot you would have to beat Bama then face Oregon to win the NC. I miss anything is possible but this is not a scenario that is.

I doubt beating wisky would put us at no 4...

I doubt beating wisky would put us at no 4...

I bet it does...TCU will be playing 2-9 Iowa State and Baylor is without their qb (concussion) against Kansas State. I will go on a limb and say Kansas State wins that game. Beating a top 15 team with your 3rd string qb would have to impress the committee. Also, you're assuming that Bama and Oregon win their championship games. Remember, Oregon is playing a team that has already beaten them once this year.

TCU vs Bama does not interest the world as much as Bama vs Ohio State. The reality of this all is that it boils down to money and who is going to bring the most of it to the party. No one brings more than Ohio State. With that said, they'll win and get shit on by the committee haha.

1-3 are locked up. That only leaves the four spot. Tcu could fall or beating whisky would be enough to jump and grab the four spot.

There is another possibility that FSU finally loses. Then you would have

Bama

Oregon

Tcu

OSU

Either way the path is still the same to a NC