College Football Thread v8.0

bicranium

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least we aren't wearing those stupid fucking chrome helmets with the idiotic metallic green Buckeye leaves.

People don't like those? They're awesome. They're not chrome. They're like a brushed metal finish. The red stripe is chromed. Stickers aren't optimal with OSU's biggest competition in the league being green right now but I'm fine with them.

People don't like those? They're awesome. They're not chrome. They're like a brushed metal finish. The red stripe is chromed. Stickers aren't optimal with OSU's biggest competition in the league being green right now but I'm fine with them.

I hate the chrome looking uniforms that OSU wears, I have been adamant about that the last few years they have worn them. Leave that shit to Oregon who needs to do it because they have no tradition to sell people. I refuse to believe that a recruit chooses a school because of their uniforms, if that is what sells a kid to a school then let him go haha. Bama doesn't have a hard time recruiting and they have the most plain jane, ugliest uniforms in college football. My highschool uniform was identical to Bamas and we hated them (1999-2003 era).

I hate the chrome looking uniforms that OSU wears, I have been adamant about that the last few years they have worn them. Leave that shit to Oregon who needs to do it because they have no tradition to sell people. I refuse to believe that a recruit chooses a school because of their uniforms, if that is what sells a kid to a school then let him go haha. Bama doesn't have a hard time recruiting and they have the most plain jane, ugliest uniforms in college football. My highschool uniform was identical to Bamas and we hated them (1999-2003 era).

I was pumped with the gray stripe uniforms until I realized they fucked up the shoulder numbers by doing them black. I will take them over the black stripes though, so it's a step in the right direction haha.

Huh... most people I talk with regularly would be fine with our typical alternates now becoming the standard uniform. The only problem I have with the uniform itself is the reflective border for the numbers on the home jerseys is silver as is the number and I think the border should be white so the numbers don't just look like duct tape without light hitting it right.

And the black numbers I guess are a tribute to the 1968 team...

http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/osu/graphics/sports/m-footbl/125-all-time-1968.jpg

Tom Herman won the Broyles award which goes to the nation's top assistant.

I've expressed some displeasure with his performance in some games but he is the QB coach too and to be down to your 3rd guy and still do what they did on Saturday... well deserved.

Hopefully he can call a great game for the 3rd time this season against Bama. So far his best two games while at OSU have been this year vs Michigan State and against Wisconsin. Although the Wisconsin game, I feel the defense should get a boatload of the credit for as they made the offenses lives a whole lot easier by completing shutting down Wisconsin.

I edited my post after realizing it was a tribute to 68 more than 02 like they are calling it. I haven't liked any of the alternate uniforms at all, not even any of the ones they wore against Michigan in years past.

Me either.

Call me grumpy cat, I suppose.

Our current alternate unis look like some 5th grader got inspired by a Tron movie. The stripe on the helmet is too big, the brushed metal or whatever is boring and reminds me of a homeless robot, the metallic green Buckeye leaves are, well, green, so I don't really need to say anything more there, the red on the helmet doesn't match the red on the jerseys (huge pet peeve; same color disparity has irked me for years when it comes to the NY Giants uniforms), and the numbers look like they are exaggerated and enlarged to help people with visual disabilities.

Fuck those things.

Tom Herman won the Broyles award which goes to the nation's top assistant.

I've expressed some displeasure with his performance in some games but he is the QB coach too and to be down to your 3rd guy and still do what they did on Saturday... well deserved.

May be tough to keep Herman. I'd imagine he will get some offers after this season. Good thing our HC is an offensive guy, so we will still be okay.

Huh... most people I talk with regularly would be fine with our typical alternates now becoming the standard uniform. The only problem I have with the uniform itself is the reflective border for the numbers on the home jerseys is silver as is the number and I think the border should be white so the numbers don't just look like duct tape without light hitting it right.

Agree with all of this. I LOVE the "chrome" uni's, I especially love the "All Whites" that we wore in last years UM game, the rest of you can eat me.

I do really like the gray sleeve stripes as opposed to to black ones. We were rocking those as late as the early 2000's, as I have an AJ Hawk jersey with the gray stripes.

If you think that having cool uni's doesn't play a part in kids picking schools, you're nuts. How big of a role, who can say, but it definitely plays a role. Kids want to kick ass, and look cool doing it. Hell, *I* want to look cool while kicking ass. Lol Johnny Bravo, on the other hand, looks cool while falling off of a bicycle onto and pile of newborn puppies, so he isn't so much worried about his outfit helping him with that.

Man, it's gonna be a long three weeks till game time.

May be tough to keep Herman. I'd imagine he will get some offers after this season. Good thing our HC is an offensive guy, so we will still be okay.

Apparently he was offered the SMU job in mid-November. Pretty surprised that Herman turned that down and Morris jumped on it so quickly.