College Football Thread v8.0

bicranium

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mariotta won with 90 percent of vote - 2nd to only Smith in 2006 in largest margin of victory.

Gordon 2nd

Cooper 3rd

Boykin 4th

JT Barrett 5th

Winston 6th

Rose Bowl will feature last 2 Heisman winners.

Weird that Smith holds the record. If you look at his stats, they were honestly nothing special. I mean when comparing them to other heisman winners.

Weird that Smith holds the record. If you look at his stats, they were honestly nothing special. I mean when comparing them to other heisman winners.

I agree - it wasn't like Smith was out of this world good or had astronomical stats. I think it's because he was the best player on the best team that year - and, in fact, on a team that people were regarding as the greatest team ever in CFB. Thus, how hard and how far Ohio State fell from grace after the debacle in the desert against Florida.

It was a lackluster year in college football.

You had two 1 vs. 2 matchups during the regular season that year: Ohio State vs. Texas at the beginning of the year and Ohio State vs. Michigan at the end of the year. I wouldn't consider 1 vs. 2 matchups to be lackluster, especially not two of them in the same year.

BTW, I've always contended that the BCS system fucked us in 2006. (Well, technically, Florida fucked us, but whatever.) Ohio State was the only undefeated team that year (right, or was Boise undefeated too?) and was essentially put at a disadvantage by having to play Florida. No BCS, and Ohio State is the clear national champion that year.

You had two 1 vs. 2 matchups during the regular season that year: Ohio State vs. Texas at the beginning of the year and Ohio State vs. Michigan at the end of the year. I wouldn't consider 1 vs. 2 matchups to be lackluster, especially not two of them in the same year.

http://mommasaid.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/fish-hook1.jpg

Watched the 30 for 30 on the u pt.2 last night. First I didn't realize they got screwed in 2000 by the bcs. They lost early (maybe first game) then went undefeated beating the #1 and #2 teams in the process. One of those, FSU still got in over them. Then they showed the game against osu and boy did they make excuses and blame the ref haha.

Watched the 30 for 30 on the u pt.2 last night. First I didn't realize they got screwed in 2000 by the bcs. They lost early (maybe first game) then went undefeated beating the #1 and #2 teams in the process. One of those, FSU still got in over them. Then they showed the game against osu and boy did they make excuses and blame the ref haha.

The end was pretty lame as well....where they said the U had the most National Titles as anyone from 1983-2002 at 6...then they blow a whistle and drop a flag on the screen and the count goes down to 5.

Watched it as well. I was dumbfounded when the one guy listed off six recognizeable nfl players and said they were all second string guys, the 2001 season. They also claimed that the 2001 team would have made it to the nfl playoffs had they been an nfl team. That's a pretty bold statement considering there's no fucking way.