College Football Thread v8.0

bicranium

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gardner is the only reason Hoke lost the last 3 games against OSU lol. Informed me that Michigan is still an easy place to recruit at, had nothing to say about the state of their current recruiting class.

They will end up with someone just like Hoke, you are correct.

Umm... Gardner is the only reason the last 3 games weren't absolute blowouts. Denard couldn't throw in 2012 (he ran well in the 1st half of course) because of his injury so Gardner had to. Gardner had 461 total yards and 5 TD's last year and hurt himself in the game but played through it. Then this year Gardner once again had his best game of the season vs. OSU. Hopefully someone points that out to those people because he deserves a ton of credit and respect for what he did in his time there with clearly subpar coaching.

Michigan isn't bad to recruit to though. Hoke was a great recruiter for about 2 1/2 years but kids stopped buying what he was selling this year after seeing the product on the field continue to decline despite highly rated classes. Their class this year is supposed to be pretty small anyway so whoever does come in won't have a an abnormal amount of work to do to close it out as long as they get someone relatively soon. I think you can take the kids who have decommitted from this year's class from Michigan and put together a top 20 class with them. 5* WR George Campbell, 5* RB Damien Harris, 4* TE Chris Clark, etc., etc., etc. So they can get them there. It's just a matter of coaching them and actually progressing each year instead of regressing as Hoke's teams did.

How would anyone with half a brain think that Gardner was the reason why Michigan lost to Ohio State?

No clue, he told me I apparently didn't watch the game, so I posted a pic of me and the wife on the field afterwards haha. Every time my buddy post something Michigan related I troll it just to get this kid fired up, and it works every time haha. Today he was talking about how Michigan is getting Mr. Michigan next year in Malzone (qb from Michigan). I informed him that getting Mr. Michigan is not a great feat considering the competition level in Michigan is that of a powder puff league.

Did you tell him OSU Is getting Mr Ohio! Lol big deal, it doesn't even make them top of their recruiting class, though they are great players.

Speaking of which, does anyone else think it's odd that all these qb's sign with OSU at the same time? I know this year was a prime example of "anything can happen", but I'm surprised they don't want to go somewhere that they will see more playing time. OSU has a senior star, freshman star, and now a very capable sophomore in Jones. I don't even know who the freshman qb Collier is.

Will these incoming freshman see playing time in the next couple years? Will Burrows even be used as a qb?

Did you tell him OSU Is getting Mr Ohio! Lol big deal, it doesn't even make them top of their recruiting class, though they are great players.

Speaking of which, does anyone else think it's odd that all these qb's sign with OSU at the same time? I know this year was a prime example of "anything can happen", but I'm surprised they don't want to go somewhere that they will see more playing time. OSU has a senior star, freshman star, and now a very capable sophomore in Jones. I don't even know who the freshman qb Collier is.

Will these incoming freshman see playing time in the next couple years? Will Burrows even be used as a qb?

Burrows is most def a qb, Gibson is the one that will get switched to WR if I had to bet. The staff told him he'd get a shot at QB, but ultimately many feel he will be getting switched.

The qb situation at OSU is crazy, but in a good way. I don't ever recall OSU having so many qb's that have the ability to play solid.

I know I have posted this before but heres the next few years breakdown at qb

2015:

Sr: Braxton Miller

Jr: Cardale Jones

rSO: JT Barrett

rFR: Stephen Collier

FR: Joey Burrow

FR: Torrence Gibson

2016:

Sr: Cardale Jones

rJR: JT Barrett

rSO: Stephen Collier

rFR: Joey Burrow

rFR: Torrence Gibson

FR: Jarrett Guarantano (most likely to commit)

2017:

rSR: JT Barrett

rJR: Stephen Collier

rSO: Joey Burrow

rSO: Torrence Gibson

rFR: Jarrett Guarantano

FR Danny Clark

Now, you gotta take into consideration maybe Braxton leaves this off season. Then maybe Jones transfers, Barrett leaves after next year or 2016. Suddenly your once full stable of qb's isn't as full.

The other thing to keep in mind is that every one of these guys beleives that they have what it takes to be the starting QB at tOSU. None of them is going to shy away from competing for that spot. And none of them is going to say, "I can't win that job, so I'll go elsewhere" when Urban and his staff have clearly shown that they don't play favorites or just assume the older player is the better player.

Competition breed success, you also have to realize that having 6 qb's is not a bad thing. Look at this year as a perfect example, injuries happen, suspensions happen, ect. It's always a great thing to have a wealth of riches when it comes to college football.

On more thing...I'm almost positive that the list of people who thought JT would win the job over Jones was about as long as a list of JT's family/friends. And all that kid did was...well, we all know what he did. Joey Burrows is looking at that and saying "All I need is a chance, and that can be me".

Apparently, tOSU delivered such a whipping to Wisky that Gary Anderson has decided to take his ball and go home. Announced today that he will be leaving Wisconsin to become the HC at Oregon State. Maybe he's hoping that coaching a team with the initial "OSU" will help salve his ego.

Apparently, tOSU delivered such a whipping to Wisky that Gary Anderson has decided to take his ball and go home. Announced today that he will be leaving Wisconsin to become the HC at Oregon State. Maybe he's hoping that coaching a team with the initial "OSU" will help salve his ego.

Came here to post this.....seems like a downgrade to me.

Osu picked up 4* RB Mike Weber tonight. Kid was a Michigan committee and from Michigan. Looks like Damien Harris will either be Kentucky or Alabama bound at this point. I don't see them taking 2 backs in this class, unless they know someone like Dunn or Ball is leaving.

Osu picked up 4* RB Mike Weber tonight. Kid was a Michigan committee and from Michigan. Looks like Damien Harris will either be Kentucky or Alabama bound at this point. I don't see them taking 2 backs in this class, unless they know someone like Dunn or Ball is leaving.

This just went across the bottom line.....nice snag

Weber committed on Sunday to Drayton or Coombs over the phone then confirmed that with Meyer and Coombs in person at his school on Monday. That's when the ND/OSU official visit switch happened. Didn't think he'd announce so soon (thought maybe this weekend on his visit, possibly hold off until his all-star game).

Damien Harris with a strange tweet of "Mike Weber committed to Ohio State?"w right after it was made public. Strange because Meyer and company was at Harris's house last night. I wonder if they told him nothing about Weber or if this is sour grapes that someone took a spot he prob felt was his, you snooze you lose. I hate the games kids play with recruiting, a lot of times they leave schools hanging out to dry, but feel disrespected when someone else jumps the gun before them.

Yeah, I didn't know what to make of that tweet. Maybe Urban and his staff didn't get a good vibe from Harris last night and decided to have Weber go public with his commitment.

Main targets left in this class...

4* DT Neville Gallimore

3* DB Juwuan Briscoe

3* WR Lawrence Cager

OSU did reach out to current Wisconsin 3* TE commit Kyle Penniston once they learned of Andersen's departure. Urban loves poaching kids from schools dealing with coaching transitions.