College Football Thread v8.0

bicranium

Here are some fun facts:

OSU has now beaten 2 of the 3 Heisman finalists from 2014.

The Big 10 beat 2 of the 3 "top" SEC teams in head to head games on neutral sites and took the third down to the wire with one of our "second tier" teams.

The SEC Bowl Performance for 2014

OSU beats bama

Ga Tech beats Mississippi State

TCU beats Old Miss

Wisconsin beat Auburn

Notre Dame beat LSU

Now I'm sure the hate will continue to flow, you will hear the "its just one year" but I still find it funny. All the band wagon bama fans got real silent and stopped posting on social media.

I guess maybe all of those urban heart attach memes did not work out so well :gabe:

Edited by Wagner

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, their ability to play well, for the ENTIRE game, is impressive.

We will see, as our record against Oregon is pretty good ;)

This Oregon team is a different animal. I actually watched all of that game while shopping for gun and car parts, they made FSU look like a FSB school at best.

The game could be pretty epic of OSU can keep up. We are talking two teams hitting on all 8 right now that are from "weak" conferences that beat "better" teams.

I'm not as big an OSU fan as I used to be but I would love to see another good game.

Think about this if OSU does beat Oregon, the team that all the "experts" said did not belong in the playoff would have scored 28 un-answered points on the mighty bama and went on to beat them, then go on to beat the ducks who just tea bagged the defending national champions.

...with our 3rd string qb.

Great story line for sure.

For the last decade or so I've believed that osu is good enough to beat the best team in the country when playing to their potential. Conversely I also believe we can lose to anyone when we arent.

Go bucks!

...with our 3rd string qb.

Great story line for sure.

For the last decade or so I've believed that osu is good enough to beat the best team in the country when playing to their potential. Conversely I also believe we can lose to anyone when we arent.

Go bucks!

Good coaching will do that for you.

OSU shut down Cooper, exposed the piss poor bama QB, and then punched their defense in the mouth.

I think OSU WILL beat Oregon. I'm not an OSU fan. I didn't go to OSU. I don't own one single piece of OSU paraphernalia. That being said....They will beat Oregon.

OSU was/is vastly underrated because of three things --> big10 conference, lack of star players to begin 2014 season, & 3rd string QB.

Then, OSU threw out a big "fuck you" to Wisconsin with a shutout and then played hard and strategically shut down major aspects of the Alabama offense.

Why are they NOT equipped to do that against Oregon? You people need to understand that Oregon is/was always a good team in the past 5 years. People get too caught up in the fact that Oregon (much like the 2011 Trojans) is "different" because they take more risks... It won't amount to enough defense when they play OSU. Yes, Oregon is fast... Must be something in the water on the west coast. OSU wins by 9. You heard it here first...

I think OSU WILL beat Oregon. I'm not an OSU fan. I didn't go to OSU. I don't own one single piece of OSU paraphernalia. That being said....They will beat Oregon.

OSU was/is vastly underrated because of three things --> big10 conference, lack of star players to begin 2014 season, & 3rd string QB.

Then, OSU threw out a big "fuck you" to Wisconsin with a shutout and then played hard and strategically shit down major aspects of the Alabama offense.

Why are they NOT equipped to do that against Oregon? You people need to understand that Oregon is/was always a good team in the past 5 years. People get too caught up in the fact that Oregon (much like the 2011 Trojans) is "different" because they take more risks... It won't amount to enough defense when they play OSU. Yes, Oregon is fast... Must be something in the water on the west coast. OSU wins by 9. You heard it here first...

Unlike the last 2 teams OSU has played Oregon has a good QB and is more than a one trick pony (see cooper) on offense.

IF OSU can slow Oregon down this will be a game because Oregon has not played may teams that are as physical as OSU.

That and Elliot is a beast, he busts through the line and hits the second level it gives defensive coordinators nightmares.

Unlike the last 2 teams OSU has played Oregon has a good QB and is more than a one trick pony (see cooper) on offense.

IF OSU can slow Oregon down this will be a game because Oregon has not played may teams that are as physical as OSU.

That and Elliot is a beast, he busts through the line and hits the second level it gives defensive coordinators nightmares.

Their 2 running backs had almost 1000 yards each, If I recall. Also, if they would have kept running the one with the dildo hanging out of his helmet, I think they could have beaten us.

The roughing the kicker call was the right call, due to them rolling into him rather than actually destroying him. I agree with a couple questionable no calls as well as several holding calls that should've been called. Oh well, OSU came out with a victory and that's all that matters

Oregon looked so good, because FSU played so bad. You take away the 5 turnovers and FSU probably wins that game. Every year Oregon looks like they are that team, they have had good quarterbacks before, I personally do not think Mariotta is that great of a player. I don't care if he won the Heisman, that's a joke of an award just like all the other ones.

Their 2 running backs had almost 1000 yards each, If I recall. Also, if they would have kept running the one with the dildo hanging out of his helmet, I think they could have beaten us.

Well, when you have to play from behind because you are getting out coached, out executed, and out played you can't run the ball...

If anything, the FSU/Ducks game gives me hope that we CAN play with Oregon. FSU was hanging in that game until they started treating the football like it was coated in biological waste. Oregon is hard enough to stop ordinarily. If you give them extra possessions, they will make you pay for it.

I'm not scared of Oregon's D.

Well, when you have to play from behind because you are getting out coached, out executed, and out played you can't run the ball...

They were outplayed for sure, but calling them a 1 trick pony is inaccurate IMO.

Either way, on to the Ducks. LOL at that video...

Jalen Marshall might be the worst punt returner I've ever seen. Can someone explain to me why he's back there?

What are you talking about? I didn't think he played bad last night at all. He didn't fumble the ball, that's the most important thing to me from a punt returner. The coverage from Bama was pretty good and their concrete footed kicker booming 60-70 yard punts every time, high in the sky, didn't help things. Had Marshall let a couple of the ones he caught go, they could've been downed at the 1 rather than the 5 or 7, wherever they were downed.

What are you talking about? I didn't think he played bad last night at all. He didn't fumble the ball, that's the most important thing to me from a punt returner. The coverage from Bama was pretty good and their concrete footed kicker booming 60-70 yard punts every time, high in the sky, didn't help things. Had Marshall let a couple of the ones he caught go, they could've been downed at the 1 rather than the 5 or 7, wherever they were downed.

Every game I watch he calls a fair catch inside the 10, yet he'll let one drop that's further out towards the 20 and roll inside the 10. Also makes a routine catch look very sketchy/dangerous. I get nervous anytime he goes near the ball. Rarely has an explosive return.

Love the excuses. finebaum says "they were a pieced together team with a 1st year starter at qb"......so, our 3rd stringer making his 2nd start is ok? fucking hilarious! the LES(sec) west may have been the most overrated division in all of cfb.......sec! sec! sec!.......love it!

The representation from the SEC west was nothing short of disappointing and embarrassing. Texas a&m and Arkansas were the only ones to win a bowl game. This is really going to hurt every team in the SEC next year. Watch them all be devalued (which is probably a good thing).

I really enjoy the playoff system. Because now you have to earn the title. There is lots of talk that if we were in the BCS system it would have been a Bama vs fsu championship game. I'm glad we didn't get that. Clearly OSU was the better team last night. And thankfully with the playoff they get a legit chance to play for the title.

All is I can say is I have a major football hangover. These past 6 days has been nothing but couch and games. Haven't worked and haven't kept up on our contractor building our new studio. Gotta get back to business now.

Congrats guys. Good luck on the 12th.

Every game I watch he calls a fair catch inside the 10, yet he'll let one drop that's further out towards the 20 and roll inside the 10. Also makes a routine catch look very sketchy/dangerous. I get nervous anytime he goes near the ball. Rarely has an explosive return.

I think Bama's punting caught the whole team off guard. If he had been the returner all yeah his average would have him top 20 in the country