Wat did you fix today ?

carl1647545492

I feel like the "fixer n chief " in my house and its not always car stuff either but different things that come up in the house....

Fixed the stove (I think) cleaned up the terminals as someone recommended and it works ...yay !

Fixed a broken window switch (got lucky and soldered the right spot)

I can get someone in to do it but I think I like the high of getting it fixed myself and mooching around my garage giving myself hi fives.

All I ever seem to do is fix shit around my house. This past weekend was fun....NOT!

I have well water at my house. Thursday evening while at my 2nd job, the wife calls to tell me that we have trickling water. I installed a water filter between the pressure tank and water softener this summer and have had random issues because of it. I tell her to turn it to bypass. No water at all. Friday, I took the day off from my main job and replaced the pressure gauge and pressure switch. Still no water. I had the start and run capacitors tested (old 3 wire well pump). They tested good. FFFFFFUUUUUUU. It's the well pump. I decided to just have someone replace that since it could possibly be a major task since I didn't know how deep my well was. That got replaced Saturday morning. When the guy rewired my well pump to 2-wire, he told me that my pressure tank is bad too. FFFFFFUUUUUU. I told him I'd replace that myself. So, yesterday evening after I got off work from the 2nd job, I bought the tank and some other parts I needed for the install. I replaced that and had very little water pressure still. SUMBITCH!!! Then it hit me. When the well pump was replaced, it stirred up a shit ton of sediment which collected in the water filter and clogged it. Replaced that and have awesome water pressure once again.

TL;DR

No water in house on Thursday.

I replaced pressure gauge and pressure switch on Friday.

I had someone replace the well pump on Saturday.

I replaced the pressure tank on Sunday.

Pressure switch and gauge: $50

Well pump replacement: $1200

Pressure tank: $170

Finally having running water again: Priceless

Faucet in the kitchen dripped unless it was shut off with the handle in the hot position. Then I also noticed a slight drip from the left side of the sink left a puddle in the cabinet. Fuck, I hate water issues.

Easy fix though.....picked up the phone, called Ray Hughes and while it wasn't an easy job for him (nothing ever is) it only cost me $150 and I didn't have to do a fucking thing. Just the way I like it.

Props to Ray for spending 3hrs on a Sunday fixing my shit.

Cliffs: Upgraded Faucet, replaced sink basket and replaced piping.

Faucet in the kitchen dripped unless it was shut off with the handle in the hot position. Then I also noticed a slight drip from the left side of the sink left a puddle in the cabinet. Fuck, I hate water issues.

Easy fix though.....picked up the phone, called Ray Hughes and while it wasn't an easy job for him (nothing ever is) it only cost me $150 and I didn't have to do a fucking thing. Just the way I like it.

Props to Ray for spending 3hrs on a Sunday fixing my shit.

Cliffs: Upgraded Faucet, replaced sink basket and replaced piping.

Glad he did good for you. He is one of my best friends and I can tell you that when it comes to plumbing he is ocd.

All that happened at my house over the weekend is some carpet cleaning. Cleaned the carpet in the basement so I can turn it in to a playroom for my son. He has so many toys you can't hardly walk through his room, and Christmas is upon us...

All I ever seem to do is fix shit around my house. This past weekend was fun....NOT!

I have well water at my house. Thursday evening while at my 2nd job, the wife calls to tell me that we have trickling water. I installed a water filter between the pressure tank and water softener this summer and have had random issues because of it. I tell her to turn it to bypass. No water at all. Friday, I took the day off from my main job and replaced the pressure gauge and pressure switch. Still no water. I had the start and run capacitors tested (old 3 wire well pump). They tested good. FFFFFFUUUUUUU. It's the well pump. I decided to just have someone replace that since it could possibly be a major task since I didn't know how deep my well was. That got replaced Saturday morning. When the guy rewired my well pump to 2-wire, he told me that my pressure tank is bad too. FFFFFFUUUUUU. I told him I'd replace that myself. So, yesterday evening after I got off work from the 2nd job, I bought the tank and some other parts I needed for the install. I replaced that and had very little water pressure still. SUMBITCH!!! Then it hit me. When the well pump was replaced, it stirred up a shit ton of sediment which collected in the water filter and clogged it. Replaced that and have awesome water pressure once again.

TL;DR

No water in house on Thursday.

I replaced pressure gauge and pressure switch on Friday.

I had someone replace the well pump on Saturday.

I replaced the pressure tank on Sunday.

Pressure switch and gauge: $50

Well pump replacement: $1200

Pressure tank: $170

Finally having running water again: Priceless

I have done all the same for troubleshooting and thinking it was all those things 2-3 times this year, for it to be a sediment clog in the line. Flushed the line and new filters, and we were good. But, I know we were lucky too.

Edited by Mojoe

Glad he did good for you. He is one of my best friends and I can tell you that when it comes to plumbing he is ocd.

I forwarded him Mo-Joe's CCW Information as he is interested and definitely has a need. Follow up with him to make sure he's on it. ;)

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/22/77a8a912e12de0670a10c3e4e6f4f674.jpg

Rear wheel cyl on project TD-7, gotta love projects that sat for years before your dumb enough to be the next fool to take it on!

As a side note finally fixed the kitchen sink drain before my wife decided to dump the catch bucket on me!