College Football Thread version 9.0

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been a huge Devin Smith fan since his arrival. Many feel all he does is catch touchdowns, I am ok with that haha. His career stats are pretty crazy 120 catches, 2458 yards, 20.4 career average. That puts him tied for 2nd right now, #1 is 21.3

30 TD's: 2nd (4 behind David Boston)

120 career receptions: 9th (1 behind 8th place

2458 career yards: 5th all time

Looking at individual games this year, his catch to td ratio is insane

These are in order from week 1, catches are first followed by td's

2 1td

1 0td

2 1td

4 2td

2 1td

1 0td

1 0td

3 2td

6 1td

0 0td

3 0td

1 0td

4 3td

2 1td

If he touches the ball, odds are it's a TD haha

Week 2 hurt. Bad. I was watching in the hosp with dad as he was recovering from a major surgery and we were trying not to scream at the TV. He was ticked that Smith dropped a couple key passes, including a TD pass that hit him in the hands. I assured him, "he's a phenomenal WR. Just wait."

He didn't want to think so, so every week following when Smith made a huge play I'd either say or text him, "SEE?!" lol

Quoting something from the old thread...

IIRC, Ohio State was the home team in '06, but chose to wear the white unis because they had done so well in the white unis in previous trips to Arizona - '02 against Miami, '04 against Kansas State, and '05 against Notre Dame. They were the home team again in 2007, but opted to wear red because of getting manhandled the year before by Florida wearing the whites.

The biggest reason OSU chose to be the "away" team was just overall familiarity with being the "away" team. They were familiar with it from having been the "away" team in the games you mentioned and choosing to be the "away" team means more than just the jerseys, they got to use all the same stuff they had used before (high school practice field, hotel, etc., etc.). Some think that level of comfort may have been an issue though.

I get a little superstitious with that stuff so when OSU was undefeated in the uniforms you hate and didn't use them for the B1G title game last year I was upset and then OSU lost. But they did wear them for the Clemson game and I decided uniform superstition is dumb and I'm dumb. :dumb:

Quoting something from the old thread...

The biggest reason OSU chose to be the "away" team was just overall familiarity with being the "away" team. They were familiar with it from having been the "away" team in the games you mentioned and choosing to be the "away" team means more than just the jerseys, they got to use all the same stuff they had used before (high school practice field, hotel, etc., etc.). Some think that level of comfort may have been an issue though.

I get a little superstitious with that stuff so when OSU was undefeated in the uniforms you hate and didn't use them for the B1G title game last year I was upset and then OSU lost. But they did wear them for the Clemson game and I decided uniform superstition is dumb and I'm dumb. :dumb:

I can guarantee you this: if we lose this game against Oregon, I will place at least 15% blame on those black numbers on the shoulder pads. So, consider me dumb too. :)

I can guarantee you this: if we lose this game against Oregon, I will place at least 15% blame on those black numbers on the shoulder pads. So, consider me dumb too. :)

So you don't like the black numbers? I'm with you on that. I understand they're a throwback to the '68 uniforms but they just don't look good.

And now it looks like Jameis IS going pro. So all those tweets and whatnot yesterday about him likely coming back were just completely off. There were A LOT of them from several different people/sources so I bought it but this definitely makes more sense considering there was stuff as early as October pointing to him being gone.

I guess I need to pm old jump'n'jive to get his info to send him his sticker.....maybe he stopped reading the other thread after his bammers lost....hmmm

I sent you my info last night in pm. Yeah I stopped following this thread since Bama lost and I have to get focused on the real world.

Miller should just leave already. I don't want to see him standing around by himself on the sidelines not talking to anyone looking like he is absolutely bored out of his mind during the NC game. Just leave!!!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/report-lsu-another-possible-destination-for-braxton-miller/ar-BBhAJZT?ocid=ansYarbarker11

Miller should just leave already. I don't want to see him standing around by himself on the sidelines not talking to anyone looking like he is absolutely bored out of his mind during the NC game. Just leave!!!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/report-lsu-another-possible-destination-for-braxton-miller/ar-BBhAJZT?ocid=ansYarbarker11

Agreed. I'd hate to see him leave after all the work he's put in to keep this team on the map during what should have been rebuilding years, but next year is an absolute clusterfuck. I'd say it's pretty reasonable to say we could work 2 QBs in, but there's no way we're going to a triple option 3 QB system for ONE year. And maybe my memory may be tainted, but I like to think that Jones and Barrett are both actually better physical specimens than Miller. He'd REALLY have his work cut out for him to start next year after not being able to throw a football for the past 12 months.

JT or Cardale are the future (I'm inclined to say Cardale if he can give us one more amazing game with smart decisions and minimal mistakes). Kenny G style respect to Braxton if he stays though.

Braxton wants to be a QB I believe, however as I have stated for several years now, he is not a very good qb. Rather he is an elite athlete playing the qb position. I think if he would swallow his pride and accept a role at another position, he might have a successful career in the NFL. I don't think he will be an All Pro or anything, but he can make a living. Here is some guys in recent years that were QB's in college, swallowed their pride and found a living in the NFL

Matt Jones

Denard Robinson

Michael Robinson

Josh Cribbs

Braxton could become the next Kordell Stewart for all I know. That's not a terrible thing, dude made it in the NFL for a decade.

Matt Jones found lots of coke in the NFL, not really a career.

Antwan Randle El comes to mind too.

My first thought.

Eric Crouch ? :)

Didn't he retire twice before ever playing?

Denard Robinson has made a decent transition so far.

I stand corrected. :)

No worries haha

The "source" of that story is apparently not credible at all. LSU has denied any talk with Braxton, not to mention there is rumors of ND's quarterback transferring there as well. I wish he would come out and say something himself, the best we have gotten so far is his dad saying he will be back. Winstons dad said he wouldn't make an announcement til after Monday and we see how that is working out right now

Matt Jones found lots of coke in the NFL, not really a career

He played 4 years in the league, not bad when the average career is like 3 years. He apparently made enough money to fund his cocaine addiction haha.

I hope that he comes back as an "H". It would kill me to see Brax in another school's uniform. Dude is a Buckeye, man.

On another note, if he were to transfer out, how weird would it be to have a kid that could legitimately be in the Buckeye Ring of Honor that finishes at another school? I mean, there haven't been too many two time All B1G Offensive PotY....

Choosing between Brax, JT, and 12 Gauge. This is what Tilley must feel like at the club.

So, I'm going to give Jive some credit for A) being a gifted troll (seriously, respect. Had me loling quite a bit) and B) Taking all of the ribbing and dishing it out in a good natured way. If all Bama fans were like Jive, well, the southern economy would probably collapse (because someone has to work at McDonalds), but it would be a happier place.

Given Braxton's brittleness, even if he manages to find his way back into the starter role, he won't stay there for long, if history is any indication.

Also, I'm still behind what I said a while ago: losing Braxton was addition by subtraction. Too much of the offensive was monopolized by him. Him being out has truly opened the playbook, I think.

And, I agree completely with Josh: Braxton is not a good QB, but he's a phenomenal athlete that happens to be playing QB. So, I guess that's a compliment: Braxton is such a good athlete that he can actually pull off playing the most difficult position on the field.

Braxton reminds me of the kid in pee wee football, you know the one who was the best athlete on the team. They put him at qb so he could just have the ball in his hands every time it was snapped. Maybe he'd complete a pass every once in 50 passes, but the other 49 times he was a threat to take it to the house, solely because he was that much better of an athlete than everyone else on the field.