Autointerests Track Day At Mid-Ohio June 1st

Robochan

Maybe this is a silly question, but a serious one.

I am always wanted to get out on a track and drive my car to learn more about racing but have never had the chance. I am seriously interested in going to this event to have some fun and learn but what would I need to do besides signing up and paying? any equipment I will need? racing license?

I looked over the FAQ on their page, but I am wondering if some of the veterans might have some knowledge to spare for someone who would like to get into things like this.

Maybe this is a silly question, but a serious one.

I am always wanted to get out on a track and drive my car to learn more about racing but have never had the chance. I am seriously interested in going to this event to have some fun and learn but what would I need to do besides signing up and paying? any equipment I will need? racing license?

I looked over the FAQ on their page, but I am wondering if some of the veterans might have some knowledge to spare for someone who would like to get into things like this.

Fresh brake fluid flush, good condition brakes and tires and a good attitude are all you need to get started.

I like the Auto Interests guys, but in my opinion it's more structured to the intermediate and advanced track guys who are looking for low cost lapping opportunities and it's fantastic in that regard. Beginners would be better served to look to organizations like BMW club or PCA for their first experience.

This was fun last year. I'll be there again this year. Take advantage of the instructors when you can. I had never been on a track before and it was very helpful to get some tips from someone who knows what they are doing.

Can anyone answer this question?

Most groups will allow 2005 rated helmets through most of 2015 until the snell 2015 helmets hit the market. I think it's like sept /October before you'll see any snell 2015 helmets for sale.

Best to check with the group first to be certain.

If the question was in regard to SA vs MA most groups will frown on MA rating but will allow it. Again, best to check first

For you beginners, you should strongly consider our MOR PCA event 4/25-26. You will get an individually assigned instructor for two days who's duty it is to be in car with you for guidance every time you are in the car as well as classroom instruction. Our program is fantastic for getting beginners off on the right foot. Our 2 day program is $365 and open to anyone PCA member or not.

We generally have a half dozen or more loaners at our events

Most groups will allow 2005 rated helmets through most of 2015 until the snell 2015 helmets hit the market. I think it's like sept /October before you'll see any snell 2015 helmets for sale.

Best to check with the group first to be certain.

If the question was in regard to SA vs MA most groups will frown on MA rating but will allow it. Again, best to check first

For you beginners, you should strongly consider our MOR PCA event 4/25-26. You will get an individually assigned instructor for two days who's duty it is to be in car with you for guidance every time you are in the car as well as classroom instruction. Our program is fantastic for getting beginners off on the right foot. Our 2 day program is $365 and open to anyone PCA member or not.

We generally have a half dozen or more loaners at our events

OK you convinced me, looks like im doing the PCA event.