Help me spend $30-40k even $45k on a new ride...

TTQ B4U

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised to hear the CTS-V is soo bad in the snow.

We use our E55 on bad weather days and very rarely is the snow a problem for that car which is pretty similar in stats to the -V. Hasn't been the worst winter around here but my wife has driven the E55 every day this winter so far without issue and that's on all season tires not snows.

We use our E55 on bad weather days and very rarely is the snow a problem for that car which is pretty similar in stats to the -V. Hasn't been the worst winter around here but my wife has driven the E55 every day this winter so far without issue and that's on all season tires not snows.

I am too. Not to mention all the knuckleheads in Chrysler 300's and what not do fine.

I'm still considering it as the company will also be paying me $.57.5 mileage / going rate so even if I travel in crap weather to Michigan, I can rent a car and use the money from the mileage to cover the costs. Like Paul said too, we have the Suburban Assault Minivan too for weekend stuff.

Good problems to have I suppose.

I agree. Matt (90G60) isn't piping up on this topic as much as I would, but he's having a great winter in his '07 CTS-V on snow tires. I'll mention again that even CLEETUS is having a great winter on new Winterforce tires.

Tim, no matter what you get, make sure you budget for snow tires. I'm sure you'll get by just fine.

I'm also in the same boat: $0.575/mile this year, and the bank would much rather me just get a rental car. :)

I agree. Matt (90G60) isn't piping up on this topic as much as I would, but he's having a great winter in his '07 CTS-V on snow tires. I'll mention again that even CLEETUS is having a great winter on new Winterforce tires.

Tim, no matter what you get, make sure you budget for snow tires. I'm sure you'll get by just fine.

I'm also in the same boat: $0.575/mile this year, and the bank would much rather me just get a rental car. :)

^^good to hear. Absolutely on snow tire front. I'll probably find a second set of Caddy wheels or something really sharp aftermarket for my summer tires and use the stock ones for winter rubber.

Is it doable? Sure, but I have been driving my truck when I know it is going to snow.

If you check out the Facebook CTS-V group whenever it snows 1-2 people wreck theirs and post about it.

I've never really tried the v in the winter. The ex did, and nearly wrecked---which is one of many reasons why she's the ex

It's hard for me to drive the v in even cold weather, when I can drive my gtr like a jackass in literally any weather

I left it alone as mine is missing a supercharger :megusta: Yes, I've driven mine everyday on snows and it's been fine. The only stress factor has been getting stuck behind FWD/AWD vehicles that are driving way to "cautious". Then again I have the same problem in the summer.

Mentioned earlier that I've been wanting a wagon (this thread isn't helping). If I were to get one, it would come with another back-up vehicle.

But all that ugly with the TTV8 is kinda cool.

nah,

when you're going out with a butterface, you can brag to all your buddies about how great she is in bed, or how good she looks naked---but it doesn't mean shit. the only thing everybody sees is her ugly-ass face. sometimes you don't mind banging the ugly chick who is a monster in the sack.

i'd rather have both.

nah,

when you're going out with a butterface, you can brag to all your buddies about how great she is in bed, or how good she looks naked---but it doesn't mean shit. the only thing everybody sees is her ugly-ass face. sometimes you don't mind banging the ugly chick who is a monster in the sack.

i'd rather have both.

/thread.

M5 or V and get a rental when necessary.

-Marc

BTW, I'm finding that Uber is a very viable alternative to driving a nice car in shitty weather. For $5, I get picked up at my door within five minutes of opening the Uber app, I get driven downtown and dropped off at the door of my office, which means that I'm not paying for parking, using gas, worrying about where I'm going to park, worrying about parking a nice car in a crappy parking garage, or walking around in crappy weather wearing nice clothes.

I think Marc's spot on: get the nice car you want and rent or Uber whenever it's not feasible to drive.

nah,

i'd rather have both.

Depends, how are Butterface's tits? I bet I'd notice those.