2016 Ford GT

zeitgeist57

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides the LeMans rules, I read an article about the EPA changes and they pretty much said V8's are going away (at least at FORD) in order to meet regulations. I hope it's not true or something changes in the government before that happens but that's what I read.

That has been the rumor for some time that the new Zora (mid-engine Vette) would have a V6-TT also so we'll wait and see.

It's the mid-70's starting all over again...

Yep. Not just at Ford.

We are going from a horsepower war, to an emissions war. :mad:

Progress I suppose....

Or you could say it's a tech war. He who can get to the highest specific power with everything else the best (response, driveability, FE, etc.) wins! I like that spin a lot more, and that is progress IMHO.

In person it looked better than I expected. I wasn't convinced, but Ford also had a classic GT and the 2000's GT nearby and after seeing all three together I was satisfied. I only wish the front end/headlights were a little more classic GT'ish, a touch too Ferrari for my taste.

P.S. The GT completely slapped the NSX's dick in. On opening day there were few people at the NSX, the GT was mobbed. Could barely get near it. 'MERICA.

I was there yesterday and it was the same thing, which is actually kind of sad because I think the NSX looks great and should perform really well.

I was there yesterday and it was the same thing, which is actually kind of sad because I think the NSX looks great and should perform really well.

Acura has been shooting blanks for so many years now, they have a lot of catching up to do. Plus, they have been trotting out this same NSX concept for like 3 years now with little to no perceptible changes, so it's pretty old news. Not to mention they won't reveal any powertrain specs...

It wasn't a bad looking car until oh, boy, that fake front grille. My jaw about hit the floor when it came around with a big plastic fake front end.

that car will kill in gtlm. i cant wait to see it on the race track. the protype ford is about to win the rolex... guess what powers it?? also go look up the fuel millage of the old gt. thats why it wasnt raced. it couldnt. the power and millage of the new gt will be killer. i love the sound of its raw exhaust outside of the tubros. Edited by Spidey2721

that car will kill in gtlm. i cant wait to see it on the race track. the protype ford is about to win the rolex... guess what powers it?? also go look up the fuel millage of the old gt. thats why it wasnt raced. it couldnt. the power and millage of the new gt will be killer. i love the sound of its raw exhaust outside of the tubros.

I agree on gas mileage for a LM car, but funny enough i was at the 24 last year, and the best sounding car by far was still the freakin Ferrari. Turbo LM cars have a very odd note.

Should do well though.

Would have been more impressive debut if:

1. There were airplanes in the hanger;

2. Hexagons were involved; and

3. People were pushing it around.

Obviously, this was not a legit debut. Ford should have hired DWiggs as a professional debut consultant for this. A fail from all aspects.