2016 Ford GT

zeitgeist57

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see a Gear Shifter in the GT's interior... That, is a problem.

Clearly, the Ecoboost V6 is not the "end-all" powertrain for the GT. I could see a boosted V8 introduced a couple of years down the road to step up the performance on the same chassis.

No stick is a problem for me as well...I'd hold out hope that a strong-selling GT (relative to sales/production expectations) would encourage Ford to engineer a stick option down the road.

If anything, the new GT will hopefully make the last gen (with a stick) more affordable. :) I've ridden in a Ford GT at BeaveRun and it's a hell of a car.

Stick shifts are going the way of the carburetor and crank windows.

If anything, the new GT will hopefully make the last gen (with a stick) more affordable.

That would be awesome, but I don't see it happening. Previous gen GTs are selling for almost double what they were when they were new :fuuuu:

http://jalopnik.com/acura-nsx-this-is-finally-it-1678991549

What will really boil your noodle - if ultimate performance is valued over being able to row your own gears - is that I'll bet the new NSX will mop the floor with the Ford GT.

<<<Drives a Ford, loves 'Murica (though NSX is being birthed here in Ohio). I'm jes'sayin...

sadly

I'm with clay...my only real hope is this makes the last generation more affordable. It's one of the very few cars produced outside of Germany I'd like to own. Based on their value history I may never get that opportunity.

http://jalopnik.com/acura-nsx-this-is-finally-it-1678991549

What will really boil your noodle - if ultimate performance is valued over being able to row your own gears - is that I'll bet the new NSX will mop the floor with the Ford GT.

<<<Drives a Ford, loves 'Murica (though NSX is being birthed here in Ohio). I'm jes'sayin...

Its possible, but.... I'll take that bet. Seeing as the last NSX didn't mop anything with anyone, was noted as the most milktoast of the supercars, highly civilized boredom - and the last GT has already ascended into godhood... well yeah. History and stuffs.

Its possible, but.... I'll take that bet.

This

I love seeing all these TT 6's coming back. It's my favorite setup. Good fuel economy, light, revvy but still has good torque.

ECU Flash and BAM you have an extra 100+ft/lbs.

This

v6's are terrible amirite? /s

This

Sadly you can actually get crank windows on more cars than you can get manual transmissions in right now.

Carbs - well, I'm pretty sure GM and ford would have kept using carbs well into the 2000s if the EPA didn't kick their ass about emissions - carbs were cheap to mfg and easy to service. In 1990 when Chevrolet had the 4 cam, 32 valve, multiport injected ZR1 sitting on their showroom floor it sat in the same room as a Carb'ed, 307ci, pushrod OHV, caprice wagon. Ford? last year of the carb was 1991.

Anyway, back to the GT40 thingie....

So the original GT40s were race cars that required street homologation. And the most recent production GT40 was a "shot fired" that America could still build a supercar that was competitive in the marketplace and high quality. What't the philosophy behind this one? just to say they did it? I'm all for the big three reminding us as to why we like american cars from time to time (in ways other than the camaro and mustang - whose interiors for the money are kinda cheap) but what's the motivation? what is Ford proving with this? Viability of a TT american v6 powered supercar? great, are the going to race it? I'm struggling to see where this is going.

Pricing? (Not the mustang)

Per this article: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/90019/ford-gt-supercar-storms-into-detroit#ixzz3OeqcNJtm

Prices are yet to be confirmed, but a spokesman steered us towards the Lamborghini Aventador, which costs from £260,000, as a guide.

Aventador prices???? :no:

Surely they jest....