2016 Ford GT

zeitgeist57

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I repeat. A V6? Really....

This is a Ford GT. Not a GTR, not a Noble, a Ford GT. Could make 1200 HP and still be the wrong motor in the car.

Please explain why?

Is it because the original was a V8? It's called progress bra. The GT40 probably raced on bias ply tires, you want those on there too?

I repeat. A V6? Really....

This is a Ford GT. Not a GTR, not a Noble, a Ford GT. Could make 1200 HP and still be the wrong motor in the car.

The original GT was built as a street car so they could meet homologation rules and wipe the floor with Ferrari on the track. The new GT was built as a street car for homologation...

I see no problem here. The rules of racing series' change, and so will the specs of your car.

Edited by Mallard

Please explain why?

Is it because the original was a V8? It's called progress bra. The GT40 probably raced on bias ply tires, you want those on there too?

So Vipers should have Hellcat motors. Right?

Vettes should have the new TTV6 in the ATS-V. Right?

Its un-natural and I dont like it.

So Vipers should have Hellcat motors. Right?

Vettes should have the new TTV6 in the ATS-V. Right?

Its un-natural and I dont like it.

Doesn't matter. The car will have zero problems selling.

I see the motor choice as a positive, seeing another truck motor wouldn't be exciting.

seeing another truck motor wouldn't be exciting.

ya know, before they were "truck" engines, they were the medium budget engines on most american sedans. just sayin'

TT V6 should be interesting. I mean I'd rather see an inline 6 but I'm weird like that. honda's indy cars are TT V6 and so is the new NSX.

All this bitching about this car, how many people here are actually thinking about buying one?

You aren't familiar with the CR way of things.

Those who might entertain such a purchase, or can buy a car in this price range will provide legitimate feedback.

Everyone else will nit pick the car to prove it's of no interest to them anyway, and pretend they would totally be on board otherwise. In reality, it could come with a 2000hp TT V8 and they would still find reasons to bitch.

You aren't familiar with the CR way of things.

Those who might entertain such a purchase, or can buy a car in this price range will provide legitimate feedback.

Everyone else will nit pick the car to prove it's of no interest to them anyway, and pretend they would totally be on board otherwise. In reality, it could come with a 2000hp TT V8 and they would still find reasons to bitch.

Lolz. I know how CR is, I was just curious to see the response.

AND they announced the 2017 Raptor with an EcoBoost V6 FINALLY! This is the Raptor they should have been selling since the engine came out.

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/2016-ford-f-150-raptor-this-is-it-1678949534/1678956512/+ballaban

Does Ford have any mic's left to drop today?

I don't think they dropped anything yet? Tossing turbos on a V6 is not revolutionary.

The interior is a straight kick in the dick for what the MSRP will be.

No man pedal? That is just not F'in American.

Would not buy.

To be clear I think they both look awesome....

These pics don't look as similar as the ones I saw tonight while eating dinner, but still similar

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/13/e723a3d2a961120536b0f1b3fb022a08.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/13/6ae0cb218a1c938429403456a746ef72.jpg