Homeowners insurance

2 Sweet

Simple question: who do you use, and are you satisfied with them?

I got a quote from Grange today that was a bit more than I expected. $825/year? Really? http://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/inoutugh.gif

I have Progressive Insurance right now. I've had them for about four years now. Haven't had a problem with them except my premium has gone up significantly the past two years. For 2015, it's up to $1290. I'm considering switching to Allstate as it's only $702 for the year through work. I can set you up with my friend at Allstate if you want a quote.

Cincinnati insurance has been awesome.

I don't recall exactly what we're paying but no no one person is going to have the same as what you're going to get as a"so it's really hard to just throw out a number and say "oh yeah this is what I'm pain so you're going to get that deal as well"

Cincinnati is not the cheapest but I can honestly tell you they've been awesome to handle on claimes we have them for automotive in our household as well as having a writer for my photography equipment.

we heard about them through some of our neighbors having them as well after having a claim basically thrown through a window by nationwide

We also talked to a couple body shops about companies they liked working with and Cincinnati came up quite a few times as well

I've had a few over the years. Auto-owners, Liberty Mutual, Allstate and now Geico. Fortunately I've never had to use them on any house I've had, but rates have definitely increased in the past decade. Nearly tripled for me even with shopping for the best rate.

Lots of stuff plays a part in your premium.

Distance from a fire hydrant, distance from nearest Fire station, construction method of home, materials used (like what kind of siding), source of heat, and potentially what kind of dog you have.

That is in addition to things like your credit score, history of claims, likelihood of a claim in your area from a storm, area mine history, flood plain vicinity, etc.

They more or less look at EVERYTHING and see what the likelihood of any claim would be along with the potential dollar amount of said claim.

Talk to a contractor who does a lot of storm damage repair. See which companies are a pain in the ass to do a claim with and who isn't. Allstate is a pain in the ass to deal with on a claim.

I will pay a little more to have the coverage I want and not have my balls dragged through glass during a claim process. That said, USAA. You don't have to be military to do business with them.

We have Farmers and had no problems with a full roof replacement for hail damage or when my truck got broken into.

Here is some of the hail by the way. Poor little suzuki looked like it had been parked on a driving range.

Allstate's doing good by me with a multiple policy (homeowners, landlord policy, autos)

I had a claim for a roof, didn't have any issue with them and I don't think we took a big increase. They do creep up year after year though.

I also have state farm for everything (life, auto, home, ect). I had Allstate growing up and when i got married my wife had State Farm. Priced them both and ended up going with SF.

We made a claim on the house about two years ago for some storm damage and had no complaints with claims process.

Man, I love my state farm guy. He's based out of Georgesville and is fucking on point, and you know I own rentals Steve. He is available any time and has me binded in less than a couple hours when I get a new rental.

Text me if you want his number.

I have Cincinnati Ins. also. First claim they were very hard to work with. Didn't want to do anything. I had to have a roof replaced 9 months later (URGH!) and it went surprisingly simple. No questions.

Unfortunately because of those 2 claims they jacked me up in rates, but they seem to have gone back down when we got our new house. Insurance is $1200 a yr I think. But its a 3600 sq ft home. ($~250k) so I thought it was reasonable.