saturday 2-14, Doc's Hangout

Cordell

For those of you who don't have Valentine's day plans, or are free after 9pm, Doc will be opening the hangout. Some friends have said they will come on Facebook, so it will open. Let's not disappoint our very generous friend, who rumor has it may not have the hangout next year.

For those who don't know,

Hangout is at 320 London Road in Delaware, in the Howald Industrial Park. We are at the front of the first building to your left as you come down the drive.

There are many good routes to use from Columbus to the Hangout (e.g., I-71 north, SR315 north along the Olentangy, SR257 north along the Scioto), but a simple way from Polaris tonight would be this: travel west on Polaris Parkway. It becomes Powell Road at US23, but continue to the village of Powell (watch your speed there). In the center of town, turn right on Liberty Road. Go until it dead ends on London Road. Turn left on London Road, travel 100 ft, turn right into Howald Industrial Park. The whole trip is just 3 turns!

I'm happy to open the Hangout if CR members want to come. Saturday works fine for me, but I'm not sure the weather wants to cooperate. As of Friday morning, here is the forecast for Delaware:

Saturday 70% Precip. / < 1 in

Windy with occasional snow showers. High 28F. Winds WNW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of snow 70%. Snow accumulations less than one inch. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

Saturday Night 20% Precip. / 0 in

A few clouds from time to time. Gusty winds diminishing after midnight. A few flurries or snow showers possible. Low near -5F. Winds NNW at 20 to 30 mph.

Are you sure you want to come out in snow with wind gusts over 40 mph and a low temp of -5 ? My drive is only 5 minutes, so it's not a problem for me, but consider that the roads could be hazardous.

Let me know by Saturday afternoon so I can have at least the clinic area toasty warm for everyone. I don't expect the garage section will be much above 50 with the cold and wind. Of course, this is a weather forecast we're considering here, so I'm not betting the farm that it will turn out that way.

I have dinner plans with the wife but I'll probably be up afterwards.

Roads are going to be below freezing so less than an inch will probably just result in it blowing around. As long as it's not turning into ice no problem.

I need to get some work done on my wifes car, but if I cannot get use of my buddy's lift then I may swing out for a bit. Paul, If you are going to be there and I end up heading that way, I can bring those boxes for you if you want/still need them.

Yea ide appreciate it. I messaged you, and never got a response back didnt wanna bug u about them lol