BMW M5 Folks: Come on in

Zx2guy19

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear it's going away so soon. But if you like losing money I'll gib ya 20k for it tomorrow. :gabe:

I'm a huge fan of losing money as clearly displayed by this thread haha...I wish that was sarcasm, but all facts point towards me being a dumbass. :no:

"My s4 is just way too fast for me"

---said no one ever

I vote to keep it for six months minimum. Summer is coming. Enjoy the car, or be prepared to get your shit pushed in real good on resale

Again, I should have rephrased that. The car is too fast for my needs...it's no where near my 240, so it's not like I'm shitting my panties with it's mass amounts of power.

I do think I am going to keep it a few more months. At a $450 a month payment and only a 1.7% interest rate, I can enjoy it for 3-6 months, pay down some of what I owe and then sell it in the fall for a similar price so that I get some bang for my buck.

Again, I should have rephrased that. The car is too fast for my needs...it's no where near my 240, so it's not like I'm shitting my panties with it's mass amounts of power.

I do think I am going to keep it a few more months. At a $450 a month payment and only a 1.7% interest rate, I can enjoy it for 3-6 months, pay down some of what I owe and then sell it in the fall for a similar price so that I get some bang for my buck.

Nobody "needs" a 350+ hp car. There's a huge difference between a 20 year old 500hp death trap that goes like a missile in a straight line (but overheats, has no a/c, radio, no creature comforts), and a 400hp daily driver that you can drive across the country in, take to a nice restaurant, take colleagues to lunch in, and not draw constant attention to yourself. I have a 10 mile round trip commute---if I had a 30 mile commute, I would never question the need for a fast daily.

Nobody "needs" a 350+ hp car. There's a huge difference between a 20 year old 500hp death trap that goes like a missile in a straight line (but overheats, has no a/c, radio, no creature comforts), and a 400hp daily driver that you can drive across the country in, take to a nice restaurant, take colleagues to lunch in, and not draw constant attention to yourself. I have a 10 mile round trip commute---if I had a 30 mile commute, I would never question the need for a fast daily.

see sig for approval :)

honestly its more than you need brad but everything you so much want

• 2 months later...

Car is gone...ended up getting 2k more for it then what I paid from Jim Keim Ford. Traded it in on a brand new 2015 Fusion, Titanium with the 2.0L Ecoboost engine. Lowered payment $135, 6mpg better, non premium gas and insurance is going to lower. Not only that, but it's a brand new car that will have basically zero maintenance cost for the first few years.

No lesson learned here- I got out of my Honda (again, didn't like the manual for a DD commute car), drove the shit out of my S4 for 3 months, made 2k, and then got into a brand new car for $7 more a month than my base model Accord.

I feel like I won the game of cars.

Car is gone...ended up getting 2k more for it then what I paid from Jim Keim Ford. Traded it in on a brand new 2015 Fusion, Titanium with the 2.0L Ecoboost engine. Lowered payment $135, 6mpg better, non premium gas and insurance is going to lower. Not only that, but it's a brand new car that will have basically zero maintenance cost for the first few years.

No lesson learned here- I got out of my Honda (again, didn't like the manual for a DD commute car), drove the shit out of my S4 for 3 months, made 2k, and then got into a brand new car for $7 more a month than my base model Accord.

I feel like I won the game of cars.

Better but not a win, how mich money did you loose twords interest? You never win with a loan sadly but you did do much better.

Better but not a win, how mich money did you loose twords interest? You never win with a loan sadly but you did do much better.

1.9% interest rate, probably $100 worth.

$134 a month more than my Accord x 2 payments= $168

I put 5k down because I had to pay off the $3100 debt from my Accent (rolled into my Accord, that would catch me some time) and then I got an over payment check in the mail for $1600, so I only really put $300 on the Audi.

Overall, it cost me about $550 to buy the Audi and then I got $1700 more than what I paid for it. Definitely a win.

Lets start a poll on how long before he trade in the fusion for something more powerful

i have my fingers crossed that the 240 will now get done faster once he sees the fusion is not a "fun" car to drive

Except that you end up driving a fusion. Nobody wins when that happens.

Noted- I disagree with a 245 HP family car that can be over 300 with a tune at 33 mpg, but we all have opinions.

i have my fingers crossed that the 240 will now get done faster once he sees the fusion is not a "fun" car to drive

This weekend- it'll be wrapped up and aligned right after vacation.

No one driving a 4 cylinder Fusion "won" the game of cars.

See above.

Noted- I disagree with a 245 HP family car that can be over 300 with a tune, but I digress.

http://i.imgur.com/K0VfuRs.jpg

Me too...fuck.

are you factoring the tax/title/reg work you paid for the audi?

Yep- payoff was $25,700 and they gave me $27,500

Always lose there!! Freakin taxes.

Either way-good move for you long term :)

Thanks man, it was made as a long term decision.

Noted- I disagree with a 231 HP, 3400lb car (3800lbs if you got the AWD) family car that can be over 300 with a tune at 33 mpg, but we all have opinions.

Fixed it for you. A CAT 797 dump truck has 3,211 hp but I wouldn't call it a rocket ship. Everyone testing these things reports 16 second 1/4 mile times.

Still, what's the over/under on how long it takes before ford's interior quality begins to annoy you?

I'm kinda disappointed this recent purchase didn't end in something more bonkers.

Good, to see it worked out for you. Sorry I couldn't help you out the other day (damn out of warranty Audi's). Sounds like you got a killer deal though with the fusion, you'll love it. I take fusions from work all the time and love the comfort and way they drive, especially on 3 hour trips.

Fixed it for you. A CAT 797 dump truck has 3,211 hp but I wouldn't call it a rocket ship. Everyone testing these things reports 16 second 1/4 mile times.

Still, what's the over/under on how long it takes before ford's interior quality begins to annoy you?

I'm kinda disappointed this recent purchase didn't end in something more bonkers.

Agreed- however the S4 was 333 at 3847. Is the Fusion an S4? Fuck no. But is it a base model Accent with 138 hp? No.

The interior of this car is what sold me- I know people will think I'm crazy, but the S4 interior did literally nothing for me. 5 year old technology, nothing touch screen, shitty Bluetooth, no backup camera, etc. The seats and leather were great, everything else was basically lower end 2015 Fusion stuff.

I got the car yesterday and it's like driving a damn spaceship. Comfortable as hell, pretty quick and the transmission feels great (paddle shifters too).

The Audi was reaching 60k miles and a major maintenance milestone. I'm glad I dumped it when I did.

My neighbor has a Fusion...are you sure it's not the 1.6L turbo?

Also, he just drove a Nissan Versa for the last 8 days because the transmission in his Fusion suffered a seizure and made the whole car immobile.

I don't think they even make a 1.6L Ecoboost- it comes in 1.5L and 2.0L with about a 60 HP difference. I got the 2.0L (all Titanium's have it). If there's ever a problem with the trans, it's under warranty, so I don't care. They'll give me a rental and tow it for free, etc.