BMW M5 Folks: Come on in

Zx2guy19

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100% chance no smart advice was taken here.

On that note-lets see the NegEqRola!

HAHAHA this is hilarious. Loved how this thread went from a "need advice on which car do i buy next" to "hey maybe we'll all try and help this guy out and teach him a life lesson" to "FUCK BITCHES GET MONEY I DRIVE AN AUDI NOW!"

congrats on your new purchase, now lets see some pics of this beast.

100% chance no smart advice was taken here.

He's a typical young guy

Cars are > Sex as much as Sex > Cars.

This is CR; a testosterone laden racing forum

Cars, guys, Racing Forums and you're surprised?

I'm really happy to see that this thread has turned into my own personal financial advice thread for me- looks like I need to drop my financial adviser since some of you have chosen Financial Advising as your profession of choice.

If you all must know, yes, I am 25 years old. Yes, I fucked up on 2 cars prior to this an ultimately paid the price. I bought this car not as a status symbol, but to accomplish a few things.

1) Get out of my lease. As much as I enjoyed my Honda, it depreciated much quicker than most Honda's because of the trim and how many miles I was putting on it. Best to cut my losses now.

2) I love my 240, but it's still a 25 year old car that takes a lot of money to keep on the road.

3) Combine the two cars together- the Honda was a nice ride, and the 240 is much faster. This car accomplishes both, without having to do double maintenance (and yes, I know maintenance on an Audi is high).

Ultimately, I'm comfortable with my decision, and so is my wife.

That said, on to the details:

I got the car for $26,300 and they gave me $17,200 for my trade. I owed $19700, so I paid the $2500 out of pocket to clear that. I also put another $2500 down. My new payment is $456, $133 more than what I pay now. My insurance went up $14 as well.

2011, 51k miles, 6spd, black on black. Very well cared for, has some scratches that I'd expect from a ~5 year old car, but overall, it's in great shape. These pics are all pre-detail (Friday night). It was detailed on Saturday before pickup.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/chopperman19/IMG_1196_zpsxwvcusxc.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/chopperman19/IMG_1199_zpsemvrp0ro.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/chopperman19/IMG_1197_zps88rs9itm.jpg

I'm really happy to see that this thread has turned into my own personal financial advice thread for me- looks like I need to drop my financial adviser since some of you have chosen Financial Advising as your profession of choice.

• Dude, people are always going to razz you about stuff. Embrace it for what it is.
  • People are going to give financial advice and embrace that too. Most doing so have experiences that could benefit you. Some are also pretty savvy financially too.

If you all must know, yes, I am 25 years old. Yes, I fucked up on 2 cars prior to this an ultimately paid the price. I bought this car not as a status symbol, but to accomplish a few things.

Deny the status piece, but I'll call it, you didn't have to buy an S4 to accomplish the below. That's okay. Translation - I'm busting your balls.

1) Get out of my lease. As much as I enjoyed my Honda, it depreciated much quicker than most Honda's because of the trim and how many miles I was putting on it. Best to cut my losses now.

No losses to cut. Leases protect you from depreciation. The overage in miles does lead to more depreciation, but that is going to be the same on the S4 as it would have been on the Honda. All you're doing is under paying for your usage. Cutting the loss now isn't actually cutting a loss as it is settling up for your underpaying. Make sense?

2) I love my 240, but it's still a 25 year old car that takes a lot of money to keep on the road.

Sounds like you've decided to ditch that car, which certainly help consolidate things.

3) Combine the two cars together- the Honda was a nice ride, and the 240 is much faster. This car accomplishes both, without having to do double maintenance (and yes, I know maintenance on an Audi is high).

See my point under #2.

Ultimately, I'm comfortable with my decision, and so is my wife.

That's all that matters really.

I got the car for $26,300 and they gave me $17,200 for my trade. I owed $19700, so I paid the $2500 out of pocket to clear that. I also put another $2500 down. My new payment is $456, $133 more than what I pay now. My insurance went up $14 as well.

($2,500 + $2,500)/60 mos. = $83mo. + $133+14mo totals $230 per month overage for the next 60 months than where you were last week. So long as you're good with that, then cool.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/chopperman19/IMG_1196_zpsxwvcusxc.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/chopperman19/IMG_1199_zpsemvrp0ro.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/chopperman19/IMG_1197_zps88rs9itm.jpg

Sharp car. Can't wait to get mine.

Don't want to quote all the stuff above, but for the down payment, that will be the sale of my 240 (how I justified that.

Cool. Now you just need to go in with me to see if we can get a discount on a couple APR Stage II pulley and Tune deals ;)

Don't want to quote all the stuff above, but for the down payment, that will be the sale of my 240 (how I justified that.

Cool. Now you just need to go in with me to see if we can get a discount on a couple APR Stage II pulley and Tune deals ;)

Listen to this,

And like stated already but il repeat brad might have screwed up young on cars but makes up for in properties so when the day comes where he wants to be even I'm sure he will just cut a check for all the negative and walk away lesson learned. You can't win them all but as long as you win more than you loose your still winning.

Now use money to upgrade it instead of paying off negative equity and enjoy the hell out of it :)

Ha, I've got 3 pages up on my phone about that. Did you get an S4?

Not yet. Just a matter of a few weeks yet. I have to turn in my current co. car (Fusion Sport) as it's over it's miles, etc. and await the funding for the new one. Shouldn't be long though.

I'm okay as the weather still sucks. Once the above is done I'll find one. There are tons out there. 2013 or 2014 is what I'm looking at.

Congrats Brad on the S4! I LOVE the Audi peelers (your wheels) and if you ever decided to get rid of them, let me know.

Can't wait till you get the pulley and tune. Make sure you check out audizine.com and ecstuning.com for OEM parts and aftermarket. A lot of other sites out there but these are two big ones. Don't ignore AWE when looking at performance parts and I have friend that gets AWE at a discount.

Can't wait to see the car and have fun getting to know it! Get some VAGCOM coding done so you can unlock all the cool features haha.

Congrats Brad on the S4! I LOVE the Audi peelers (your wheels) and if you ever decided to get rid of them, let me know.

Can't wait till you get the pulley and tune. Make sure you check out audizine.com and ecstuning.com for OEM parts and aftermarket. A lot of other sites out there but these are two big ones. Don't ignore AWE when looking at performance parts and I have friend that gets AWE at a discount.

Can't wait to see the car and have fun getting to know it! Get some VAGCOM coding done so you can unlock all the cool features haha.

Thanks man, I've been on Audizine for a good portion of today and will check our ecstuning soon. There's a shit load of stuff made for these cars (obviously) so I am researching what's good and what to stay away from.

Looks nice.

V6 with a small blower correct?

Thanks- and yeah, that's right.

Did you ever drive a DCT car? Just curious since you chose a manual. I've driven a DCT based new S4, but not a manual.

I actually haven't daily'd a DCT, but I have driven a couple. I really don't notice a huge different from a daily driving perspective. My Accord was a 6 spd MT, so I've been DD'ing a manual for 5+ years.

I'm impressed with the manual...and that price seems very reasonable for the amount of car you're getting!

Hold onto it for as long as you can; turn that negative[equity] into a positive! :thumbup:

Thanks man, I'm pretty excited with what I got it for. I looked again today to make sure I got a good deal, and similar cars with similar miles are going for right around 30k.

At $26K I think you got a good deal. Did you get a warranty? is the car CPO?

Buddy of mine has an older DCT S4 that is out of warranty, just got handed a $4K bill to replace the clutch packs. You made the right choice sticking with a manual trans.