Eastsiders - traffic question

zeitgeist57

I commute from Perry county to Dublin M-W-F and Downtown T-Th. On my Dublin days I either go 70 all the way to 270 on the west side OR I jump on 270 on the east side and go south all the way around. (Look at a map...it makes sense when you realize 70 isn't straight and doesn't cut the circle in the middle like we picture it in our heads). Every once in a while I take 37 up to 161 to 270 north around to Dublin but that adds like 10 minutes. The only way I stay sane is I leave the house before 6 and leave work before 4. Next year I will be Downtown every day and that will improve life. However...it is the section of 70 from 256 to the 71 split that is the biggest problem. All you can do is hit it as early as possible. Anything after like 6:30 is maddening. Be prepared for a slow crawl surrounded by the stupidest humans you have ever come in contact with. At least I don't have to take 33 up from Lancaster...that is the most fucktarded stretch of commuting in central ohio.

i love when it snows and listening to the traffic reports on the radio "33 from the bypass to 270 running about 90 minutes"

LOL WUT

If you go on 315, the zipper rule is generally in effect. As much as one could ask from the U.S. Good point though, Tom..

Unfortunately I do not see this enough to accept that people know how to merge properly. the ramp from 270S/670 is a nightmare for me any day, because many people never use their blinkers to change lanes over there. Not saying this is universal, but I'v almost been wrecked by people over there a great number of times because they cant merge or signal properly.

I know it's not the East side really, but I feel I might as well vent about how fucked up the Cleveland Ave. and High Street exits are with all their construction. Takes me 32 minutes on a good day to get from Westerville to High Street. Absolutely ridiculous!

I work nights so I'm not sure what you're talking about.
I also work nights. I don't know why, but the zipper effect does not work on the 270/70 eastbound ramp. These people feel it necessary to bunch up on the ramp. Yesterday one of these idiots came to a complete stop right in the middle of the transition. Other than that, what traffic?

In on one for 33. FML!!!!! I get on 33 at hill diley road and leave the house at 5:40ish. Get to work a hour early 6:10ish just to beat the fuck tards that can't merge or stop on a on ramp. Its bad when its that early in the morning and I can already tell that the carol construction is fucking shit up cause traffic has been a lot heavier than normal. And coming home around 5-ish at 33 and 270 is just fuckin the dumbest thing I've ever been around. Its like you went into a pin of chickens and cut all there heads off just to watch them run around......

I hear ya Cody. And feel everyones pain for having to go through that light. I hope the new overpass really frees that area up! Im glad I dive off at diley road going home. Once past gender road its a free for all until Pickerington rd light.

I typically drive through the ghetto down Weber / Cleveland if I need to go to the Eastonian area. People in the hood drive like crazed lunatics, but always quickly!

I live off of Weber rd, it is usually quite the opposite for me. Seems everybody and their brother go 10mph under the speed limit.

We have it easy in the 'bus.

Living downtown and working outside the belt is ideal, I drive against traffic everyday. 15 miles in 15 minutes :megusta:

This. I drive 9 miles north against the flow of traffic to go to work. I usually have no problem making it to work in 15 minutes. My hours are 8-4:30 so the drive home usually sucks with all the traffic around the worthington galena rd area, takes me 20 minutes to go a mile through 2 traffic lights.

I also work nights. I don't know why, but the zipper effect does not work on the 270/70 eastbound ramp. These people feel it necessary to bunch up on the ramp. Yesterday one of these idiots came to a complete stop right in the middle of the transition. Other than that, what traffic?

The transition there is actually too short, which is why it snarls so bad. The transition is supposed to be double the length. Same with 270/33