Spring Track Day Feedback

Rice Eater

nope that was a different guy. the guy im talking about is older, taller and wears glasses.

I wouldn't be too happy if he put his hands on my car. Sounds like someone is thinking he is on a power trip. Someone needs to put him in his place. That is complete bullshit.

This wasn't the same guy doing tech at our track day was it?

I thought the guy doing Tech at our track day was pretty cool. He seemed to do a reasonably thorough check of my car without touching anything except my helmet to look inside and make sure it had the correct rating.

I wouldn't be too happy if he put his hands on my car. Sounds like someone is thinking he is on a power trip. Someone needs to put him in his place. That is complete bullshit.

Exactly. And the fact that i went strait to management, and the guy still has a job there, just shows how much they really care about the people that spend alot of money to race.

nope that was a different guy. the guy im talking about is older, taller and wears glasses.

Yeah i know who you are talking about. Fuck him. Dude showed up middle of the year last year. He tried to tell me one weekend that my race pants had to be on when I was getting teched as I had shorts on. I told him they would be in my race bag (with helmet and rest of race suit). Dude gets an attitude with me and says "no, they have to be on." I told him it was 90 degrees out and he must be confused with the staging lanes. Said he wont sign off if I don't. Told him I'd just have Chris sign it. Then old man river signed it.

Sadly Bud died over the winter :(

Yeah i know who you are talking about. Fuck him. Dude showed up middle of the year last year. He tried to tell me one weekend that my race pants had to be on when I was getting teched as I had shorts on. I told him they would be in my race bag (with helmet and rest of race suit). Dude gets an attitude with me and says "no, they have to be on." I told him it was 90 degrees out and he must be confused with the staging lanes. Said he wont sign off if I don't. Told him I'd just have Chris sign it. Then old man river signed it.

Sadly Bud died over the winter :(

LOL WUT? I have never seen a track require someone to wear their pants to tech in.

What a joke...

It's too bad that they can't or won't pay the wages necessary to attract and retain quality people who will perform the duties necessary. In the other hand, maybe the employees are performing exactly as they are expected to, I have no way to know which scenario is the correct one. What I do know is I have run a business, and to be successful and make a profit you need to make the customer WANT to come back. Their stance reminds me of a training tape we had for new sales clerks showing the way not to treat the customer saying "buy it or don't buy it, like I don't really care". It would seem the employees at NTR "don't really care".

LOL WUT? I have never seen a track require someone to wear their pants to tech in.

What a joke...

Yeah he said it to couple other racers that pit with us too.

What a joke...

I'll buy that they want to see them (I've seen jokers race in pajama pants), so I brought my gear bag down for tech. He took a quick look to see they were SFI. I think having to wear them for tech sounds crazy.

I'll buy that they want to see them (I've seen jokers race in pajama pants), so I brought my gear bag down for tech. He took a quick look to see they were SFI. I think having to wear them for tech sounds crazy.

You'll have to buy the whole thing. Happened the weekend after Bud was let go (BS) by that guy. Only time ever, but it happened. Said it to Tim Fenneman (blacked out blown dragster) also. Been racing for a lil bit so I know the drill. I guess if it's gonna happen it will at ntr. It's like Vegas there sometimes.