Spring Track Day Feedback

Rice Eater

This is primarily directed towards guys running slicks that launch hard, 1.50 or better 60'. I'm curious if anyone else had trouble with spinning on Friday. My car is normally pretty consistent in the 1.47=1.51 range for 60', but the best pass I made was a single 1.527 with the rest in the 1.61-1.755 range. The couple changes I made for the day were very minor(fuel mix) and longevity(rocker girdles), so nothing that should have radically boosted horsepower.

Curious what other people experienced. Thanks for your constructive feedback.

This is primarily directed towards guys running slicks that launch hard, 1.50 or better 60'. I'm curious if anyone else had trouble with spinning on Friday. My car is normally pretty consistent in the 1.47=1.51 range for 60', but the best pass I made was a single 1.527 with the rest in the 1.61-1.755 range. The couple changes I made for the day were very minor(fuel mix) and longevity(rocker girdles), so nothing that should have radically boosted horsepower.

Curious what other people experienced. Thanks for your constructive feedback.

That track was junk at best. Everybody was having a hard time getting down the track and the prep was laughable.

It was hard to race at on the weekends last year (when they generally prep the track). I'd be 1.47-50 varying different each run, never the same. Kil-kare, 1.41 all day. Pacemakers 1.43 all day. It's the ntr track.

Ok that makes me feel better. I run a lot at NTR on Friday nights, then at KilKare when NTR is running other events on Fri. I'm always in that range except at our track day. I also looked at my log book for last years CR day and it was similar.

I didn't want to come out and say it sucked before asking what others experienced as I know some of you put your time and effort into making this happen for all of us.

Given the option, I would pay more if we could insure a better starting line. Maybe I should have unhitched the Suburban and tried it instead haha, or the wife's MB.

Thanks for the feedback, I was ready to buy new slicks and shocks, I'll wait until 5/19 and see if its back for the slicks TnT.

1.897 60 on Friday... Same setup Kil-Kare rental Sunday 1.297

I saw you across the road, looked like you were fighting some problems. Hopefully the crappy track was the most of it for you.

1.51-1.53. Car typically is 1.48-1.50 at Kilkare or Norwalk but honestly those tracks really do care about their racers. They want to give their patrons the best experience possible whether they're on the track or in the stands. Just go into the restrooms and you'll see how much NTR ownership and management care about their patrons.

That's the worst I seen Trails in a while. I have been 1.28-1.29 60' the last 3 or 4 times I was there last year but Friday other than one run 1.58 was the best. Nothingis more fun than two burnouts per run. I had trouble in 2nd gear as well as third so I really didn't feel all that safe. All this talk about NHRA wanting to give people a save place to race then they give us a track like that.

I managed to get one 1.59 on friday along with a bunch of 1.68-1.78's.

Went back for a private event sunday and the best I could get was a 1.68 at the beginning trailing off to 1.8XX in the evening

Maybe we could pay more for more prep?.......or have Wags run the prep crew :)

I know just enough about prep to be dangerous, and they are doing it wrong there.

That track needs to be scraped down more often, needs upkeep during the week, needs drug more, and just needs work.

Look at how Kurt Johnson at Norwalk or Jason Millier at MIR work a track and that is how it should be done.

I would pay a little more. What would it take, an extra $5 per entry? What did we have, 50/60 cars, extra $300 and they keep it prepped like Jeggie was bringing his p/s out.

Heck I wasted $35 on race gas, $20 on gas for the truck, plus the entry, $5 or $10 more would have been worth it for a clean pass.

I dont think its a money issue, its a trails doesnt know what the hell there doing issue. That or they just dont care one of those two.

Let's say the short bearded guy at trails (newer guy) sprayed the concrete pad in front of the waterbox. So you had 2 waterboxes and dragged out water 20 feet before the starting line lol. I know they don't get paid much, but to not know/ or be shown that is crazy. Only happened one day, but it was a Saturday at a points race.

I would say we should voice our concerns, but the wife has been e-mailing them about the nasty women's restrooms for a couple years with no response.

People have been telling them for years via e-mail, phone, face to face, and with their wallets, they just don't care...

People have been telling them for years via e-mail, phone, face to face, and with their wallets, they just don't care...

Truth . myself and many others I know rarely go there now for just this reason.

Many others places to go and at least seem like they give a damn.

truth.

i kid you not, there is an older guy that does tech on wednsday nights out there. the guy had/has zero respect for anyones cars or the owners either. several people had to say something to him because he would slam their doors shut.

my dad had him one day, and before he even touched the car, my dad told him if he needed in the car, he would open the door due the handle being mounted a little high, so if you werent carefull it would rub the door. the guy completely ignored him, opened it himself, and when my dad said somthing, he slammed the door shut.

mean while, i had hunted down bud (guy in the wheelchair) and had him sign off. as im walking back to my car, the other dick head decided he wanted to tech my car anyway. i told him it had already been done, and continued to walk to the booth. when i got back to my car, i opened the door, had climbed most of the way back in, then the dick head walked up, tried to push my door shut with my leg still hanging out, then proceeds to tell me that next time i refuse to let him tech my car, he would pull it off to the side and tear it apart bolt by bolt and tech it that way before i would ever be allowed to race again.

i went strait to management and told them everything, even about the complete disrespect he had for everyone else's cars. the dick head still has job there.

cliffs: trails hired massive ass hole for tech that has no respect for racers or their property. acted like a complete douche when confronted and came after me for no reason. still has a job there