Preferred Drag strip/s in Ohio?

aussiek2000

Norwalk and kilkare are the only ones worth a fuck anymore. Pacemakers isn't too bad I suppose. National trails is a struggle for traction.

After not racing at Pacemakers for awhile I went last year. Track was great all season and 60' times never changed. They had some kids running the water box, and they did a great job. Burning off excess rubber, not letting the fucking idiots drag the water out before their burnout (i hate that). I made it a point to let them know what a good job they did.

Going to hit the track in a couple weeks to see what the G8 will do. Are there any tracks preferred over others for friday test and tune? Will be on street tires.

If you want to travel: Norwalk or KilKare

Local: Pacemakers

Avoid:

MCIR (Marion County International Raceway)- Track is not safe, not prepped well, and allows unsafe practices.

Meh: Trails, might be prepped, might not.

Dad always like Kil-kare more than Pacemakers and Trails

If you want to travel: Norwalk or KilKare

Local: Pacemakers

Avoid:

MCIR (Marion County International Raceway)- Track is not safe, not prepped well, and allows unsafe practices.

Meh: Trails, might be prepped, might not.

Saturday up at polaris someone told me to take my truck to marion since their rtech is a joke lol.

Dad always like Kil-kare more than Pacemakers and Trails

Saturday up at polaris someone told me to take my truck to marion since their rtech is a joke lol.

The tech and the track is a joke. If somebody who knew what they were doing would buy the place, put just a little money into it, they could really put a hurting on trails.

I've been up there a few times and won't run my car there ever again. Some people claim they made glory passes there years ago, but the past 2 years I've been there the prep is a joke and the track is not safe.

The tech and the track is a joke. If somebody who knew what they were doing would buy the place, put just a little money into it, they could really put a hurting on trails.

I've been up there a few times and won't run my car there ever again. Some people claim they made glory passes there years ago, but the past 2 years I've been there the prep is a joke and the track is not safe.

Don't they still have guard rails?....not a good idea

Don't they still have guard rails?....not a good idea

Yep, the big reason that place is not safe, metal ARMCO's will rip a car apart along with the driver. Happen to someone my family raced with for years, trust me its not how you want to go :(

IMO (Places I have been to In ohio)

Norwalk

Quaker City motorsports park (no transitions, good prep on race days)

Thompson motorsports park (don't prep on anything but points races on weekends, has a vertical Transition at 330' which is not good for anything that makes power)

National Trails.... lazy staff, lax standards, prep sucks even at events, etc. I hope IFO moves to Norwalk, but I don't see them paying the coin for it.

You will need some decent track prep to run that # with those tires. Good luck!! Keep us posted.

Just hoping to do a 11.99999999. I'll borrow some radials if I have to. just not looking to dump another $500 into for a handful of passes