2016 Camaro reveal

caseyctsv

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're not nearly twice as expensive.

1LE starts around $38k MSRP, ZL1 starts around $55,500 (including current $2,250 rebate) if you can find a base model, many get into the $60k's with a few options. Considering you can buy the 1LE all day for invoice and not many dealers want to budge on a ZL1....it's not twice as expensive but not far off. ;)

The 1le is going to be a beast and ford has its work cut out. The base ss now pulls a .97 g and pp mustang gt is at a .95 if i remember right.

As for motors, the "what if" argument could go on forever. Hell right after the lt1 came out, they already had a cam/ bolt on car that made 502 at the wheels

Wanna race, Brian? ;)

I would jump on this but a) I don't race on the street b) I never seem to have time to make it to the track and c) it would not be apples to apples anyways. So I will just slide back into the shadows.

Man how cool is it that the Mustang Vs Camaro battle lives on and actually continues to get better.

$38k x 2 is $76k, which is not nearly $55k :)

Only problem is no one pays MSRP, with the rebates a while back you could get one for $33k....and like I said, doesn't take much to get a ZL1 over $60k (not many deals on them). Still isn't double but not far off for not much more performance around a road course.. ;)