2016 Camaro reveal

caseyctsv

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a 2016 Camaro at the Indy 500 Chevy display, next to a current gen. You can see the shorter wheelbase, and dimensions, but it still has a small greenhouse. Have to say, I will test drive one when they are available. The thought of a LT1, with a (small) backseat it to much to pass.

• 3 months later...

Performance numbers from GM are out...

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/chevrolet/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2015/sep/0914-camaro.html

Cliffs: 0-60 mph in 4.0 seconds and covers the quarter-mile in 12.3 seconds in the auto. 12.5 for the manual. The V8 is 223 pounds lighter than the 5th gen.

And if you haven't seen it yet you can kind of build one on the chevy site. Scroll down to the 2nd box:

http://www.chevrolet.com/2016-camaro/

Impressive weight for the turbo-4...350 lbs off the nose compared to the SS? I'd be interested to see an aftermarket company do a suspension/brake/tire upgrade that gets the turbo past the V8's handling numbers for less money...

This is nothing new, while not at that level, every base engined car had/has the capability of handling better than the heavier siblings. The change came recently when the base cars are actually given similar option packages (performance packages) to take advantage of their lighter weights.

This is nothing new, while not at that level, every base engined car had/has the capability of handling better than the heavier siblings. The change came recently when the base cars are actually given similar option packages (performance packages) to take advantage of their lighter weights.

I understand. I also remember a time when car magazines would do "Tuner Shootouts" where shops like Stillen, Hennessey, etc...would take everything from VW Golfs to RX-7s, 300ZXs, Corvettes, Mustangs, etc....would build them up and square them off against each other.

In that spirit, I'd love to see the aftermarket make an "RS-spec" turbo-4 Camaro and easily bolt-on performance to exceed the SS. Or, since we're living in rare times where both Ford and Chevy (and even Cadillac!) make turbo-4's that have stick shifts...would be cool for them to tune and pit them against each other.

Just a thought...

2016 Camaro > 2015 Mustang.

everything>BRZ

I understand. I also remember a time when car magazines would do "Tuner Shootouts" where shops like Stillen, Hennessey, etc...would take everything from VW Golfs to RX-7s, 300ZXs, Corvettes, Mustangs, etc....would build them up and square them off against each other.

In that spirit, I'd love to see the aftermarket make an "RS-spec" turbo-4 Camaro and easily bolt-on performance to exceed the SS. Or, since we're living in rare times where both Ford and Chevy (and even Cadillac!) make turbo-4's that have stick shifts...would be cool for them to tune and pit them against each other.

Just a thought...

would read

I seem to be building a track record of enjoying the newest model until the bigger and better one comes out a couple months later. When I had the Mustang every kid at every gas station was like "nice car man, have you seen the 2015's?" In my head I'm screaming YES I'VE SEEN THE FUCKING 2015'S THEY'RE SO AWESOME WHY DON'T YOU ASK YOUR WELFARE PARENTS FOR ONE OH WAIT HAHAHA LITTLE FAGGET EAT MY SHIT. So yeah, can't wait for that again.

I seem to be building a track record of enjoying the newest model until the bigger and better one comes out a couple months later. When I had the Mustang every kid at every gas station was like "nice car man, have you seen the 2015's?" In my head I'm screaming YES I'VE SEEN THE FUCKING 2015'S THEY'RE SO AWESOME WHY DON'T YOU ASK YOUR WELFARE PARENTS FOR ONE OH WAIT HAHAHA LITTLE FAGGET EAT MY SHIT. So yeah, can't wait for that again.

http://upandhumming.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/ashley-olsen-cute-film-issues-mary-kate-olsen-Favim.com-235292.gif