2016 Camaro reveal

caseyctsv

since the 1le sports pack came out in 13, the camaro has won almost every, if not every comparison test between the 2, including the 15 mustang. Straight line performance is neck and neck with the mustang usually trapping 1 or 2 mph faster, but with very similar times. Handling, braking, balance and fun to drive is always camaro.

This one will be even better.

Media guys are getting to beat on them today.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one that dislikes the aesthetics of the Camaro more than any of the other "vintage muscle car reboots"?

Not like I'm looking to buy any of them but I like the Mustang and Challenger first, then the Charger oddly enough (lol if you want), then these.

DartLOL.

since the 1le sports pack came out in 13, the camaro has won almost every, if not every comparison test between the 2, including the 15 mustang. Straight line performance is neck and neck with the mustang usually trapping 1 or 2 mph faster, but with very similar times. Handling, braking, balance and fun to drive is always camaro.

This one will be even better.

Fun to drive on tracks or closed public roads? Driving them daily isn't quite as tantalizing.

Fun to drive on tracks or closed public roads? Driving them daily isn't quite as tantalizing.

I'm just telling you the information I've read in reviews/videos. I've driven both as well, and you can tell the Camaro is the better behaved/handling car. I'm not a girl, so any street car suspension will be fine for daily driving.

Put an Audi interior in one and drop the sills an inch or two and I'd buy it.

Camaro interior LOL outward visibility LOL 200lbs lighter still heavy LOL

Gotta start somewhere. Mustang gained 200lbs, camaro lost it. They deserve props imo.

I'm just telling you the information I've read in reviews/videos. I've driven both as well, and you can tell the Camaro is the better behaved/handling car. I'm not a girl, so any street car suspension will be fine for daily driving.

Gotta start somewhere. Mustang gained 200lbs, camaro lost it. They deserve props imo.

I had fbody's before I got into Mustangs. I would like to have them make a solid Camaro I would want to buy again. It does drive better than the Mustang I won't argue that. I just wish it wasn't so stressful knowing what's around you.

It'll be like every Camaro. It will have more horsepower and be faster than a Mustang but a Mustang will outsell it 3 to 1.

Except the new camaro has outsold the mustang since its debut in late 2009 except for a 1 to 2 sporatic months a year.

I had fbody's before I got into Mustangs. I would like to have them make a solid Camaro I would want to buy again. It does drive better than the Mustang I won't argue that. I just wish it wasn't so stressful knowing what's around you.

Yeah, and the new one is actually WIDER than the current one...

2016-Chevrolet-Camaro-RS-003.0.jpg

So the new camaro is a "Fastback" now? hmmm....I do not hate. Does have shades of the early 2nd gen while still keeping the 1st gen tribute shape.

so here is the thing that irks me, visibility:

http://jalopnik.com/leaked-memo-answers-all-the-2016-camaro-questions-gms-a-1704765341

And no, they don’t care about rear visibility, because previous-generation Camaro owners didn’t care about rear visibility if it came at the cost of the car’s silhouette. Sorry. You do get a standard backup camera though.

Who cares what previous generation owners think about visibility, they obviously voted with their wallets. What about the people who didn't buy camaros? shouldn't these be the people GM is chasing after? I look at it this way, in the next year or so I am going to buy a car. Currently I want retro muscle car and the top of my list is the challenger R/T - why? it was the most useable of all the retro muscle cars I have driven. Had the best visibility, had the most useable room, looks great, and am probably not going to use it like a track car. Second is a mustang GT, again was great on visibility, useable, felt good, but looses to the challenger because the challenger is such a big car. A camaro is not even close to my list, I would probably consider any number of euro cars, wagons, pickups, etc...before a camaro. Why? Visibility and interior quality. The 2014 car I drove was poorly laid out, the interior felt like 1980's GM (complete with indigo Cadillac limo mood lighting), and I couldn't see shit out of those useless rear quarter windows. They look big enough from the outside but the camaro has a blind spot that you could hide an aircraft carrier in. This is what you see from the inside:

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/vehicle-pictures/2010/chevrolet/camaro/6060-052-rear-seats-480.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f170/MN12Fan/Camaro1LTRSblackrearquarter.jpg

moving at 65mpg on a highway what are you going to see out of that? certainly not the car/motorcycle/18 wheeler in the next lane you are changing lanes into.

What about the people who didn't buy camaros?

When we were test driving cars the Camaro got scratched off the list without hesitation because of visibility.

After seeing the new pictures and info I'm not regretting going with the Mustang at all.

Except the new camaro has outsold the mustang since its debut in late 2009 except for a 1 to 2 sporatic months a year.

Yeah, and the new one is actually WIDER than the current one...

I think it's actually smaller in every dimension, including width. Perhaps an inch or two. I don't recall exactly. Only one place an inch matters to me and it's not on something as big as the Camaro, though it's a step in the right direction.

As someone else mentioned, it's not bad, just not for me. I do think it's an improvement in looks over the overly slab-sided, high-silled previous gen fortress. And hell, who can hate on any manufacturer attempting to improve their sports cars!

Visibility is definitely not a strong suit of a 5th gen - I drove Mitch's Saturday and it definitely takes an adjustment. The 6th gen has a lower sill height - one of the press that drive it said the dash/hood is lower greatly improving forward visibility. Rearward not so much.

I am looking at 5th gen Camaros and C6s. I crossed the Challenger / Charger / Mustang off as they just feel "normal" when you sit in them. You could be in any American made sedan. I want my "toy car" to feel special. I suppose that is just me.

I would be hard pressed to pick a 5th gen Camaro over a C6.... and I own one.

Honestly I don't even notice the lack of visibility when driving on the road anymore. It just took a lot of time getting the side mirrors just right to see the blind spots. The only time it really is a pain is when I am backing out of a parking spot. There is a lot of slow going and wait for a horn to sound if I missed something.

I like the newest version of it from the pictures. That blue is awesome. I cant wait to see one in person.

I think it's actually smaller in every dimension, including width. Perhaps an inch or two. I don't recall exactly. Only one place an inch matters to me and it's not on something as big as the Camaro, though it's a step in the right direction.

As someone else mentioned, it's not bad, just not for me. I do think it's an improvement in looks over the overly slab-sided, high-silled previous gen fortress. And hell, who can hate on any manufacturer attempting to improve their sports cars!

The bigger story for the Camaro, however, is the diet engineers put the chassis and body on, helping it lose more than 200 pounds overall.

The new Camaro did lose some size, but in a good way. The car's overall length went from 190.6 inches to 188.3, but it got .8 inch wider and 1.1 inches lower. Its wheelbase also was shortened from 112.3 inches to 110.7 inches.

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/2016_chevrolet_camaro_first_look/#ixzz3aW89HYEI

I would be hard pressed to pick a 5th gen Camaro over a C6.... and I own one.

Honestly I don't even notice the lack of visibility when driving on the road anymore. It just took a lot of time getting the side mirrors just right to see the blind spots. The only time it really is a pain is when I am backing out of a parking spot. There is a lot of slow going and wait for a horn to sound if I missed something.

I like the newest version of it from the pictures. That blue is awesome. I cant wait to see one in person.

Me either :). Jordan is searching for me 1) C6 2) Camaro SS