Want to buy convertible, found this, LSX what?!

SpaceGhost

$30k is a crazy number for that, and it's worth getting an '08+ for the LS3. If a targa top will satisfy your convertible desires, get a Grand Sport. It has the Z06 widebody and suspension, dry sump LS3 I believe, and some other nice upgrades over a base.

Nothing to really look out for in these cars as long as the previous owner didnt beat it up. I pulled it up on the Gm website and it does have one open recall for the headlights. No big deal its a quick fix but something you can use yo beat them up on price. Here is the factory build so you can see what it came with

Option Codes

10U - ARCTIC WHITE 193 - EBONY

19I - BLACK INTERIOR TRIM 1SZ - PREFERRED EQUIPMENT SAVINGS

2LT - BASE EQUIPMENT GROUP 41T - TOP-BLACK

AJ7 - AIR BAGS, FRONTAL & SIDE IMPACT, DRIVER & PASSENGER AL0 - SENSOR INDICATOR INFLATABLE RESTRAINT, FRT PASS/CHILD PRESENCE DETECTOR

AQ9 - ADJUSTABLE SPORT BUCKET SEATS W/PERFORATED LEATHER INSERTS BGR - BOWLING GREEN PLANT

CJ2 - DUAL ZONE, ELECTRONIC A/C DL5 - ROADSIDE SERVICE INFORMATION DECAL

DL8 - HEATED OUTSIDE REARVIEW MIRRORS FE1 - SUSPENSION SYSTEM-SOFT RIDE

FE9 - 50-STATE EMISSIONS GU6 - REAR AXLE 3.42 RATIO

IL3 - TRIM INTERIOR DESIGN-AQ9 JL5 - CONTROL MANUAL TRANS, 1ST TO 4TH GEAR SKIP SHIFT

JL9 - 4-WHEEL DISC ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM K63 - 110 AMP GENERATOR

LS2 - ENGINE, 6.0 LITER 400 HP MM6 - 6-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION

MN6 - TRANSMISSION, 6-SPEED MANUAL NK4 - LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL

NT7 - EMISSION SYSTEM FEDERAL TIER 2 QX3 - CHROME ALUMINUM WHEELS

R6K - ONSTAR TURN-BY-TURN NAVIG AVAIL R6P - SPECIAL PAINT

R9N - TWO-TONE SEATS WITH EMBROIDERY SLM - STOCK ORDERS

U52 - ELECTRONIC INSTRUMENTATION U66 - SPEAKER SYSTEM 7, CUSTOM

UJ9 - LOW TIRE PRESS. INDICATOR US3 - ANTENNA DIVERSITY

US8 - AM/FM CD/MP3 RDS RADIO V73 - STATEMENT OF VEHICLE CERT.-U.S. /CANADA

VDD - VEHICLE INFORMATION DVD XFV - FRONT TIRE - P245/40ZR18

YFX - REAR TIRE - P285/35ZR19

My FIL just picked up a '12 Grand Sport Targa (removable roof for POS VETT) with 1200 miles for 39k. Don't get a vert. And you will hate keeping those wheels clean so factor in buying different ones. Edited by ForeverMaker
added mileage

Ditto on Targa. I love my 'verts but the best 'Vettes are targa tops.

- Same open air motoring experience

- more storage space in the rear

- better cold-weather protection

- better security

- better lines

- better high speed performance...

I like the lines of the fixed roof coupes, if only they made one like that with a removable panel in the middle to let some more air in?

They really need a fixed-targa-convertible-hardtop-coupe. Corvettes can be so confusing.

I like the lines of the fixed roof coupes, if only they made one like that with a removable panel in the middle to let some more air in?

They really need a fixed-targa-convertible-hardtop-coupe. Corvettes can be so confusing.

Blame GM to make Corvette to sound exotic. Targa is so Porch Y0.

I'd get the LS3 that started in 08 for that price. Watch out for leaking diffs, worn clutches because they are not cheap to change. Overall most of these cars lead very pampered lives so most of them are in good shape. Drive a few of them, because if it's been raced or abused it will start to creak squeak, it is a plastic car after all.

I knew I'd get the "skip the vert stuff". It's what I want, I'm at that point in my life LOL. I don't care about weight, will not be driving it in the winter. I will keep looking for an 08 LS3 as instructed. I really like white as I am a huge racist. ;) Keep an eye out for me, if a you see a vert is available, Post it up, let me look. Keep the suggestions coming. Edited by Benjamin

I'd get the LS3 that started in 08 for that price. Watch out for leaking diffs, worn clutches because they are not cheap to change. Overall most of these cars lead very pampered lives so most of them are in good shape. Drive a few of them, because if it's been raced or abused it will start to creak squeak, it is a plastic car after all.

Bingo, my brother pulled his trans out to replace the seals.

Yeah, coming out of my neighborhood. Asked if there was a chance I could get a warning, after I was polite, kept my hands on the wheel, nope not a chance. My $8000 a year in property tax is not enough I guess.

what'd he get you for?