Got an issue and need some help

BBQdDude

I am going to Baltimore Md this Saturday and returning the next Saturday. While there I am picking up a motorcycle for my GF. I have a buddy who was going to lend me a 5X10 trailer (open/utility). It seems it was stolen last night.

In looking around I don't have the extra $200+ to rent one.

Can anyone help a brother out?

Harbor Freight is selling a 4x8 for less than $300. Buy it, use it, keep it or otherwise flip it to me for $150 or sell it on Crazylist?

http://www.harborfreight.com/1720-lb-capacity-48-in-x-96-in-super-duty-trailer-69897.html

OK, I know my HOT ROD or Road & Track magazine has the coupon to make it $299...

EDIT: Oh, wait...I didn't realize you were short on cash... :(

There is no way around a rental trailer. If it was a one-way, it would cost hundreds of dollars. If it was returned to the same place (pick up in Columbus and drop off in Columbus), it would be cheap for one day, for that many days it would be expensive.

It would probably cost less to buy a used one, either in MD or in OH, and use it for the purpose and then sell it again.

The cheapest is, of course, borrowing one from a friend.

Uhaul is $86 bucks for a 4X8. $126 for the next size up. Includes 3 days of rental. Can pick up in MD and return in Columbus.

For one way it comes in at $162.00.

Just checked on CL, no go.

Yeah this sucks, planned this a month ago and now this :(.

Why doesnt the Gf pick up the tab?

Maybe im out of place here but if she cant afford to get it back to Columbus sounds like she shouldn't be out buying a motorcycle...

Not buying but getting it back from her son who keeps flaking on bringing it back. GF is tighter than i am on cash at the moment. Any other month and I would not have had to sweat $200, just the way life is some days.

Looked into a carrier rack but don't see where to rent one at.

Sunbelt pissed me off lol. Called $77 a week, perfect. Guy said he would hold it for one day. Called him later this morning, trailer is not held but they can rent me a larger one for $125, ok fine. Then for 7 calendar days they stated it was a two week rental, $250. Our week is only 5 days was the reply.

I am thinking of riding it back but i am new at street bikes. Not sure if the weather would be on my side but I am leaning to this as the option to choose.

I'm going to Gaithersburg, Maryland on Friday night and leaving Saturday morning around 10am. If you can get the bike there, I'll strap it in the bed and bring it back. No charge.

Problem solved! Best deal standing and really awesome to see someone looking out for someone else in a time of need. Kudos to you Sir.

I'm going to Gaithersburg, Maryland on Friday night and leaving Saturday morning around 10am. If you can get the bike there, I'll strap it in the bed and bring it back. No charge.

We leave this Sunday :(. Thank you very much though for the offer.

If the weather will be nice I am going to ride it back. If not the GF ended up reserving a trailer that can be canceled.

Im confused on where these Uhaul prices are coming from. You can rent a 5x8 for 3 days for less than $60. Just have to drag the thing out there and then back.

Pretty sure a bike will fit in a 5x8...and that is enclosed. The open ones are cheaper.

Im confused on where these Uhaul prices are coming from. You can rent a 5x8 for 3 days for less than $60. Just have to drag the thing out there and then back.

Pretty sure a bike will fit in a 5x8...and that is enclosed. The open ones are cheaper.

He is going sunday to the following saturday. NOT 3 days. Jeffro posted a useless posts with a quote for 3 days.

I am going to Baltimore Md this Saturday and returning the next Saturday.

We leave this Sunday :(. .

Just sell the bike and bring home a pocket full of cash.

If the trailer rental is hurting the budget then some cash from selling the bike could probably be put to good use. Unless the bike is needed for transportation.