Would you trade? 240sx+cash for Evo8

Zx2guy19

Looks like an 'acorn' vs 'mag' style problem.

If the evo is mag, acorn style should center them as long as your careful. If you are trying to put mags on your wheels that have been using acorn you may have trouble centering the rim or not fitting the wheel hole (less likely).

Go to summit, buy a bunch of options, and return what you don't end up using.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm finding online that Evo wheels only work with Evo lugs. And since Evo lugs won't work on 240 lug thread, I'm fucked.

LOL, fucked? It's not that bad, stop being such a drama queen.

Go to your favorite, local tire store that deals with aftermarket wheels. Have a qualified personnel assist you with lug nuts selection. Chances are they have a correct set in stock and it won't cost that much. If you didn't know where to go, let me know and I'll provide you with a reference.

Worst case is you would have to wait for a few days for the correct set to arrive and, meanwhile, you can borrow lug nuts from a friend or from me. If you need a set of straight-shank lug nuts in 12x1.25mm, I have them.

Trust me, proper lug nuts selection is not rocket science.

So did you get it?

Yep...details below.

LOL, fucked? It's not that bad, stop being such a drama queen.

Relax dude lol...in regards to the wheels, I was fucked- it's not like I was threatening to kill myself.

Update: I got the car Saturday morning- the wheel thing was a moot point because my Battles didn't clear the brakes. Technically they did but too close for comfort. He knocked off $200 and threw in a set of winter tires for my "trouble".

The car is seriously a monster. It needs a paint job and some loving under the hood, and I've got 2 things I'm going to add right off the bat: catch can setup and a turbo timer.

The 240 broke down on the way home from the guy buying it, so I had to have it towed to his house on my dime (obviously as it should have been)- the damn ignition wire rubbed the tired (I just lowered it and didn't even think to tie up the wires) and so it was a really quick fix. I've driven the car plenty of times since lowering it and it was just bad luck that it happened to him. The guy texted me yesterday and he's happy as hell, said the car is great (and it is).

All in all, I got $7k for my 240 (pretty damn good) and I added 6k cash. The Evo is built- stroked out to 2.3L, pistons and rods, all ARP, HKS cams, etc., so I didn't get a stock Evo. The car is fun as hell and pulls extremely hard @ 30 psi.

Happy with my decision.

Edited by Zx2guy19

Congrats, man! Looking forward to pics.

Bad paintjob? Time to have some fun with the appearance! :)

Thanks Clay! The paintjob is rough on the passenger doors- he tried to fix some stuff himself and did a terrible job. Otherwise, the car is pretty solid with just a few nicks here and there. Thinking of going with a Subaru (gasp) pearl white like on the newer STI's. I love white cars and don't want to have to do the engine bay.

I'm sure he will get some pics up, not to speak entirely for him but I know brad has been very busy with getting a rental squared away for new tenants to move in ontop of a couple other things going on

Talking to him he seems to be more than happy with the deal and seems excited to be 2 steps deeper into the car scene again after being out for a while. Hopefully good things to come ( and different colored wheels lol)

• Upvote 1

Pics to come soon, I promise. Right now as I've mentioned it has green wheels and a green front grill- I'm literally too embarrassed to drive the car. Not to mention, I am still waiting for the title to register it, so don't want to take any chances. I've driven it twice and it's unreal, definitely the fastest car I've driven.

As Steve said, it's been a busy last 2 weeks and my grandma passed away right in the middle of it, so the car is 3rd in line behind my grandma and finishing the rental property on time.

Stay tuned!